• Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    open the gate with his nose

On of my shepherds does that. Best one I ever had. Loves treats, real trainable. But figured that out on his own.
    VrRaYNB.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The terrorists (see avatar) and the older sister are allergic to pet dander. The older one seriously so. No more pets for us sadly or I would have a Shepard or a husky for the kids.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    On of my shepherds does that. Best one I ever had. Loves treats, real trainable. But figured that out on his own.
    VrRaYNB.jpg

Good lookin dog. I used to want an Austrian shepherd after a buddy of mine got one. I’m still stuck on wanting another husky tho if the wife will ever let me.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Back to the OP. I know my dog will go after people. Not kids, fine around any. I'll be the bad dog owner if it ever came to light. So I know she can't roam. Or rehome. And I live with that.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Good lookin dog. I used to want an Austrian shepherd after a buddy of mine got one. I’m still stuck on wanting another husky tho if the wife will ever let me.

Thanks. I had an Australian shepherd for 19 years. Hair turned grey at 17 years. Got to be some kind of record. Climbed fences so had to do the invisible fence.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Escaped from the kennel when I was on vacation. I told them she can't be left in their outside space or she will. They thought I was full of it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    When I was younger, I was attacked in our home, or coming out of the garage, by the new family dog, a $2000 Cane Corso my dad got after a home burglary. I was in the hospital for 3 days. It was after he bit a neighbor boy he had to put it down. Until that happened, my sisters and I were plotting his death. Overdosing him with chocolate seemed to be the favorite.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I know, why did he keep him. Denial I guess. I'm not in denial. My dog is just fine right here. She isn't as bad as Hershey. My dad never caught on why we started calling him Hershey.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We ended up putting our last dog down. He was just too unpredictable around people. The defining moment was when he bit my nephew on the hand. Five stitches and about $2,500 in medical bills later. The wife and I decided it was time. Out oldest son is a cop. They had 2 dogs. One had weird tendencies. They had a baby on the way. It was a pit mix, they tried to give it away. No one would touch the dog. Decided to put it down. About 6 months ago he had to go on a call where a child was attacked by a dog. After seeing that he told me it was the best decision they could of ever made. The happy side if the story is our current dog is probably the best we have ever owned.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I was younger, I was attacked in our home, or coming out of the garage, by the new family dog, a $2000 Cane Corso my dad got after a home burglary. I was in the hospital for 3 days. It was after he bit a neighbor boy he had to put it down. Until that happened, my sisters and I were plotting his death. Overdosing him with chocolate seemed to be the favorite.

I would have shot it on the spot if attacking any family member.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We ended up putting our last dog down. He was just too unpredictable around people. The defining moment was when he bit my nephew on the hand. Five stitches and about $2,500 in medical bills later. The wife and I decided it was time. Out oldest son is a cop. They had 2 dogs. One had weird tendencies. They had a baby on the way. It was a pit mix, they tried to give it away. No one would touch the dog. Decided to put it down. About 6 months ago he had to go on a call where a child was attacked by a dog. After seeing that he told me it was the best decision they could of ever made. The happy side if the story is our current dog is probably the best we have ever owned.

They are dogs. Domesticated sure but dogs all the same. We should all keep that in mind.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My sister's dog. Sitting with him under a tree and out of nowhere almost bit my face. I told my niece that dog is going to bite someone. Three days later, my brother was picking up his boat to take to Geist (farm, my bike trailer is also there) and got bit. Black psycho shepherd. Methhead neighbors. Does the job.

Top Bottom