• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have heard over and over that Don was no help during the fight over the first AWB (actually heard he was less than helpful). So I was not overly surprised to see him quoted in the Star:

Mentally Ill Can Get Guns...:

Don Davis, owner of Don's Guns and Galleries in Indianapolis, also said things need to change.
    "There's no way that you're going to keep a mentally ill person in Indiana from buying a gun," Davis said. "They need to go back to the blackboard, erase all the rules and start over."
    Davis said there are loopholes in gun laws that make the NICS list a "waste of money." Licensed gun dealers check the federal list before selling a firearm, Davis said, but anyone can purchase a firearm at a gun show or from a neighbor without having the background check and paper trail.
    "The only person who is being affected by the rules is the gun dealer like me who has to get all the paperwork right," Davis said. "Everybody's got a gun."

Don wants all deals via FFL, what a surprise. He just loves .....

It's not like he is on the top 5 list for guns used in crimes according to the BATF:

Don's Guns named among top five dealers selling guns to criminals

Each of the five dealers, the court documents show, had an average of more than one gun recovered in crime every day of the year in 2005. By contrast, 86 percent of gun dealers in America have no crime guns traced to their stores in a typical year.
    Just 1.2 percent of gun dealers supply 57 percent of all crime guns recovered across the nation.
    Perhaps he needs to take a look at the problems he has before talking about making all deals go through it. :xmad:

Splagt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Don's Guns ethics

This is a fine example of greed being more important than the future of firearms ownership.
    What did he used to say in his commercials "I don't care about making money, I just like to sell guns!"
    Yeah, right!

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I stopped by there yesterday. Only because it's right around the corner from me, and I was hoping they had a Super Shorty that I could play with. :draw:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don has never been a friend to firearm owners. The fact that our news medias love to quote him shows he is no friend of ours. His commercials about not wanting to make money, that he just likes to sell "guns" is the biggest lie perpetuated on our firearm community. He is in it for the money, and what ever publicity he can get. He doesn't care what harm he does to the firearm community as long as he gets his face on the news and money into his pockets. How he stays in business is beyond me.

Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    I saw a tub of it behind the counter, but it was still full, I think they're just teasing a buyer with it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How he stays in business is beyond me.

All you have to do is read this thread to get your answer. In spite of the vast number of negative comments, there are still people who go there because it's the closest range or because they just need ammo and are willing to pay a premium rather than drive to a more reputable dealer.

I can tell you that he will never see a single dime of my money for any reason. I don't care if I have to drive to Evansville to buy ammo.

younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Each of the five dealers, the court documents show, had an average of more than one gun recovered in crime every day of the year in 2005. By contrast, 86 percent of gun dealers in America have no crime guns traced to their stores in a typical year.
    Just 1.2 percent of gun dealers supply 57 percent of all crime guns recovered across the nation.

How he stays in business is beyond me.

Location. Location. Location.

-K

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I was in Indy with my wife to see a show at Conseco and I had never been to Don's or knew much about him other than his ads on TV. We found his store and there was no way I was going to stop. This was before I had my carry license.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Way back when I lived in Indy I went to Don's for some range time. It took me about 3 minutes to decide that this guy was someone I didn't want to spend my money with. He is a shameful excuse for a human being and no friend to the gun owner's in this area.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I can tell you that he will never see a single dime of my money for any reason. I don't care if I have to drive to Evansville to buy ammo.

Amen. I have no reason to go to that side of town, nor his shop. I have been to his place once.. and it was long enough to decide that I never wanted to be there ever again.

Moving to Plainfield is just another reason to not go. I have 5 stores within 15-20 minutes of me.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Amen. I have no reason to go to that side of town, nor his shop. I have been to his place once.. and it was long enough to decide that I never wanted to be there ever again.

Moving to Plainfield is just another reason to not go. I have 5 stores within 15-20 minutes of me.

Ya'll had guns......what were ya skeerd of ?????????????

Top Bottom