• Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Let me thank all the Rainwater supporters, in advance, for giving us a Dem governor! But at least you went the easy route.
    And you do realize YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR A MASK!

Maybe you should redirect your blame on those who deserve it. The Holcomb admin has been less than stellar in fighting for increased freedoms for Hoosiers. You could blame him and the rest of the RINOs for not persuading me, a solid independent, to vote for them. Or, you can blame me and the others who don’t vote how you say we should. I’ll sleep well not caring how you feel about my vote.

Nothing is easier than voting status quo and with the majority.

For the record I don’t wear a mask. That doesn’t change the fact there’s a mask mandate issued by executive fiat.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Maybe you should redirect your blame on those who deserve it. The Holcomb admin has been less than stellar in fighting for increased freedoms for Hoosiers. You could blame him and the rest of the RINOs for not persuading me, a solid independent, to vote for them. Or, you can blame me and the others who don’t vote how you say we should. I’ll sleep well not caring how you feel about my vote.

Nothing is easier than voting status quo and with the majority.

For the record I don’t wear a mask. That doesn’t change the fact there’s a mask mandate issued by executive fiat.

Well crap! You saw right through my sarcastic "Thank-you"!

On a more serious note:

I would defend to the death the right of anyone to vote who they want to. Doesn't mean I can't try and change their mind.

I have the feeling you would be the same way.

And for my record:

I was NOT wearing a mask before NOT wearing a mask was cool!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    HAHA fair enough sir o7

Well crap! You saw right through my sarcastic "Thank-you"!

On a more serious note:

I would defend to the death the right of anyone to vote who they want to. Doesn't mean I can't try and change their mind.

I have the feeling you would be the same way.

And for my record:

I was NOT wearing a mask before NOT wearing a mask was cool!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The worst part about voting for Rainwater is hearing a part of INGO *****ing about it for the next 8 years, blaming Rainwater for the ****ty performance of the ****ty Republican.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Well if that's all he has, then I guess that's all he can use.
    I do think that questions need to be asked about how he plans on doing some of the stuff he says. I think he is a little late to the game this time.

Yes, this! There are a lot of 'free' venues for advertising a campaign early on. Post a video on YouTube so it can be shared, get your campaign page up and running on the book of faces, pick strategic locations for billboards and get them up. On your website you need to give some degree of direction on how you plan to get the state there. Even general vague statements would give a loose understanding that you might have the plan to get us there.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm voting for Rainwater. I'd rather risk a Dem governor for 4 years if it sends a message to the state GOP to stop nominating squishy RINOs. Voting for whoever the party puts up is how you end up with a party full of spineless establishment politicians who have zero motivation to represent their constituents. So, Holcomb can choke on my protest vote! :cool:

:twocents: :ingo:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Jumping in ~250 posts into the thread. At this point, Holcomb has lost my vote, which will be going to Rainwater (instead of merely abstaining). I am unsure how a Democrat governor can be worse than a "Republican" Holcomb at this point, so I'm not sure I care if a weak Dem wins. On the other hand, either Holcomb wins with a very, very weak plurality - or, quite possibly, Rainwater wins.

What Holcomb has given us (while holding super-majorities in both chambers of the legislature):

1. Increased taxes
    2. Caving on RFRA
    3. Increased spending to placate teachers' unions
    4. Killing constitutional carry legislation
    5. Despotic exercise of extra-constitutional authority through EO

And that's just off the top of my head.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So you'd rather risk having an NRA rated F Governor to send a message to the party...mmmmkay. I guess that protest vote is just a lot easier than getting involved in the process and trying to make a difference when it matters.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So you'd rather risk having an NRA rated F Governor to send a message to the party...mmmmkay. I guess that protest vote is just a lot easier than getting involved in the process and trying to make a difference when it matters.

What is an NRA F-rated governor going to do with Republican super-majorities in the legislature? Or do you mean that he'll threaten to veto constitutional carry legislation (i.e. more or less exactly what Holcomb did)?

And if you think I'm not and haven't been "involved in the process", then you know nothing about me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Please explain how Holcomb is rated an A, other than having an R next to his name.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Rob Kendall will be subbing for Tony Katz this Monday morning on WIBC 6:00-9:00.

He done a great job of talking up Rainwater Sunday on his radio show. I can only guess this morning will be a repeat and continuum? Rob explained a lot about the whole situation. It's very informative.

Rob is pretty persuasive on the idea that a Rainwater vote will not split the R vote to have a D win. :dunno:

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I had seen Rainwater's name thrown around a few times but never paid any attention until the past week or so. I have spent more time in the past week researching him than I have ever spent researching any candidate (more time than I actually care to admit.) Some of these sites that give you his stance on things are not accurate. If you look closely, they will sometimes even state "party opinion" or "voter base stance." He has said several times that he does not just blindly spit out party opinions and beliefs. I am glad that I took the time to delve into this more comprehensively. I believe that he is honest, and that he has the best interests of the citizens of Indiana at heart. He has not shied away from giving his views on controversial topics, whether those views align with his party or not. Sure, he's untested, and maybe I'm wrong about his honesty, but maybe not... and it's not like other politicians have proven that they ARE honest and will stand by everything they say during their campaign.

I've been researching ALL of the issues, not just masks and COVID, and while I don't agree with all of his stances, that's the case with every candidate. I have to vote for the person who I feel will try to steer Indiana onto the track that I believe in. I can not shy away from that out of concern for some unknown ripple effect that may or may not occur. Myers seems to be holding steady, Holcomb is trending down, and Rainwater is trending up. I'm amazed at the number of democrats who are supporting Holcomb, and the number of republicans who are supporting Rainwater. The current situations in our state may never be in play to the extent that so many people are willing to step out of their usual voting lanes again. This is definitely going to be an interesting race.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I came to this thread expecting to read lots of ignorant comments...
    INGO aka "Facebook for Fudds" never disappoints. Sad:ROFL

I think you may need to take a short break my friend.
    I do not find this in an y way humorous or on point.

Yes some of these guys amaze me with their mindset but it is their mind to set not ours.

If Ingo is this to you then you may want to find another place to be angry in. This may not be for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom