• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Actually I was just told about all the posts. A friend informed me that Shaun had stated the interview was not authorized so I logged on and posted about it. I only get to log in about once a month or so do to a heavy work schedule.

Makes sense. Thanks.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Actually in every case the buyer wasn't buying something he legally couldn't and the bill of rights does not mean you get to keep all of those rights no matter what crimes you commit. You give up many rights when you commit a felony, including gun ownership. I find it interesting that you believe a felon should be allowed to own a firearm.

I find it very uninteresting that you think the state should be able to decide who can and who can not defend their life with the best possible tool available.

Again, a RIGHT is not something that can be taken away by anyone. The BoRs is an abbreviated list of rights and is not all encompassing to begin with. It is either a RIGHT or a PRIVILEGE.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Actually yes you did authorize the interview and the stance I took on the issue. I specifically called you and informed you of the interview request and you informed me to do it. I told you I really didn't want to and you convinced me to go ahead.

This is great :):

Where is that picture of 10k to Taya Kyle :laugh:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If a person has paid their debt to society and has been released into society, they should be able to own a firearm. If the person is still a danger to society and they shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm, they should still be locked up.

If a person is menatally ill and can't own a firearm because they are a danger to themselves and others, they should be locked up.

I don't see what's so hard to get about this.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    the bill of rights does not mean you get to keep all of those rights
    And the caveat in the BoR is written where?
    If a person has paid their debt to society and has been released into society, they should be able to own a firearm. If the person is still a danger to society and they shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm, they should still be locked up.

There ya go.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

If a person is menatally ill and can't own a firearm because they are a danger to themselves and others, they should be locked up.

I don't see what's so hard to get about this.

It can't be that easy!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your absolutely correct, my words were not edited but the interview was. I actually did talk about the gun show loop hole as everyone refers to and how private sales do not only happen at gun shows without background checks.

People somehow think I'm anti gun because I support a background check on all firearms purchases. I guess I don't see why.

Let's look at facts.

1. Any individual can sell a firearm to another individual without any kind of background check.

2. This means that a person who is unlawful to purchase or possess a firearm could purchase one from a law abiding individual without any way of stopping the sale.

3. This also means that someone unlawful to possess a firearm can sell a law abiding individual a firearm without the law abiding buyer knowing.

Now a universal background check system will not stop all firearms from changing hands between criminals, but it would prevent #2 and #3. How can that be seen as a bad idea? I would like to see a background check done for every firearms purchase with no restrictions for legal gun owners and a minimum 10 year sentence without early release for any felon caught with a firearm.

I think the minimum sentencing would be more of a deterrent for criminals even though it may only sway a few and the background check system would protect you from selling a firearm to a felon and prevent you from buying a firearm from a felon.

So tell me how this is a bad thing?

Do any of you really think that the 2nd amendment allows anyone to possess a firearm no matter if he is law abiding or a felon, because it seems many people think they should be able to buy a firearm from or sell a firearm to anyone they want to.

Would you really have a clear heart knowing that you sold a firearm to a felon or is it okay as long as you don't know anything about the person? (What I don't know won't hurt me)

What if you bought the firearm only to find out later that the seller was a felon and the firearm was used in a murder and now your a suspect and have to prove you bought it from someone else? Imagine the hassle and the loss of the firearm and money you would be out.

It's a bad idea because you want to slowly erode my rights even more just because you feel going through a FFL will "cover your ass". I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling you would still go through with the deal even if the perspective buyer swept everyone in the store just because you felt your ass was covered by the transfer...

You act like these FTF transactions are happening without any questions being asked and/or LTCH's and D/L's being verified....

Sounds like you put a higher priority to covering your ass than taking the responsibility of doing your due diligence and using your own judgement on the perspective buyer...

Currently, I can only sell to a proper person... I am another that thinks the law is wrong, but I do follow it. I do hope someday it changes and all free persons can own a firearm if they choose.

If the law were to change, I'd have absolutely no issue with selling a gun to a felon as long as I felt all was good... Hell, I'd much sooner walk away from the deal if the buyer was a non felon and was holding a Ind D/L and LTCH but he swept me or anyone else, regardless if it was a private transaction or going through a FFL...

Last edited:

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County

Maybe if that person has been out of prison for 10 years and without any run ins with the law I would agree with you. Some people learn their lesson once they are released, but it seems most of them end up back in prison.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Reply to your position on UBC

Since you are so pro UBC, I wold like for you to find ONE example of any country that has implemented universal back-round checks that has not resulted in diminishing the citizen's right to possess firearms. This is the point of this whole discussion. Read a little history and you will see that every time it starts with something as benign as universal checks it ends up as universal registration.

The fact remains that criminals wouldn't use this or any other "system". It only hurts the law abiding citizens. Look at the prosecution rates under the current laws.

Opinions are free, they should be based on just a little bit of fact.

Your absolutely correct, my words were not edited but the interview was. I actually did talk about the gun show loop hole as everyone refers to and how private sales do not only happen at gun shows without background checks.

People somehow think I'm anti gun because I support a background check on all firearms purchases. I guess I don't see why.

Let's look at facts.

1. Any individual can sell a firearm to another individual without any kind of background check.

2. This means that a person who is unlawful to purchase or possess a firearm could purchase one from a law abiding individual without any way of stopping the sale.

3. This also means that someone unlawful to possess a firearm can sell a law abiding individual a firearm without the law abiding buyer knowing.

Now a universal background check system will not stop all firearms from changing hands between criminals, but it would prevent #2 and #3. How can that be seen as a bad idea? I would like to see a background check done for every firearms purchase with no restrictions for legal gun owners and a minimum 10 year sentence without early release for any felon caught with a firearm.

I think the minimum sentencing would be more of a deterrent for criminals even though it may only sway a few and the background check system would protect you from selling a firearm to a felon and prevent you from buying a firearm from a felon.

So tell me how this is a bad thing?

Do any of you really think that the 2nd amendment allows anyone to possess a firearm no matter if he is law abiding or a felon, because it seems many people think they should be able to buy a firearm from or sell a firearm to anyone they want to.

Would you really have a clear heart knowing that you sold a firearm to a felon or is it okay as long as you don't know anything about the person? (What I don't know won't hurt me)

What if you bought the firearm only to find out later that the seller was a felon and the firearm was used in a murder and now your a suspect and have to prove you bought it from someone else? Imagine the hassle and the loss of the firearm and money you would be out.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    unalienable1.jpg

in·al·ien·a·ble

/inˈālēənəbəl/
    Adjective
    Unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights".

Synonyms
    imprescriptible

I agree that a person has very little inalienable rights, when they are incarcerated. If a man is free, he should be wholly free and not subject to societal "castes".

Your logic is flawed though. The state can only take away inalienable rights when they lock someone up, or execute them. If the person is a free man, then those rights are thereby granted and able to be exercised freely.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He'll get back to all of you next month... Stay tuned. :popcorn:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I've had 7 transactions
    4 from private individuals
    3 From an FFL
    From private individuals, no ID, no Bill of Sale, no LTCH

And no, you don't need to cover you butt in case the gun is used in a crime. If that was the case, then you should keep all your guns because you can't control the family members you sell to either. If someone you sold a gun to, kills someone with it, you wont be going to jail.

For one, unless you were the 4473 buyer from the FFL, they will have a hard time finding you, unless every seller after the 4473 buyer kept detailed records of their sales. If the transaction was legal, the transaction was legal. There is no requirement to investigate the buyer. The law says it is only illegal if a reasonable person would have a reasonable belief the person was an improper person, like out of state license plates, or you knew they were felons because the billboard in the parking lot has his picture on it.
    If your gun is used in a crime, and somehow the cops find out it was yours at one point... they will ask you a few questions, that's it. No beat downs....

I think UBCs would be a great idea. If we start requiring back ground checks we could then start putting even heavier restrictions on FFL's reducing the number that can run checks, make the fees higher, de-fund the check system, and then eventually we could make it impossible to legally transfer firearms. While we are at it, we can start keeping track of serial numbers, and who owns what!
    It's genius!

Shall not be infringed!!

As far as "murder weapon" goes, hammers, chainsaws, cars, shovels, knives, axes, etc, could also be past murder weapons. I couldn't care less. And if somehow you did something that allowed the cops to obtain your weapon and run ballistics on it that matched an open case, you have problems bigger than what someone before you used the weapon for.
    A scenario that actually makes more sense, you get your gun confiscated during a traffic stop, and it turns out to be stolen.
    It WILL be confiscated, but you didn't steal it, and they can't prove you stole it. LEOs in this very forum have said they wouldn't take the person to jail. And even if they did, how could you be prosecuted? Intent is everything. Unless you admitted to stealing it, you have no worries.

And I don't want to rain on your parade, but a used weapon from a dealer also can be stolen, also could have been used in a murder, etc. Pawn shops are required to work with the PD for every item in most places, but FFLs do not get their items checked.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Let's scream about this for another week, and then forget all about it, so Mayday671 can log back in and revive everything in another few weeks. I'm guessing he's bitter at Sniper Company and keeps dragging this up in an attempt to hurt their business.

Not that I plan to go there anyway. That damage has been done.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Actually yes you did authorize the interview and the stance I took on the issue. I specifically called you and informed you of the interview request and you informed me to do it. I told you I really didn't want to and you convinced me to go ahead.

Well that makes things interesting again :popcorn:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How many people who never "darkened" the door, threaten to not "darken the door"?

I think it should be a forum rule that people post receipt totals from purchases at the next place the herd boycotts so we can all see just how much the annual receipts would go down!

These threads have a routine effect on me anymore....I too disagree with the stated support of additional legislation, but I have never been to that store anyway so he has no rational reason to care if I threaten not to show up now! Which means I disagree with the policy, agree with the arguments against but end up chuckling at the "empty" threats :) Especially the ones where the members are from southern indiana !!!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How many people who never "darkened" the door, threaten to not "darken the door"?

These threads have a routine effect on me anymore....I too disagree with the stated support of additional legislation, but I have never been to that store anyway so he has no rational reason to care if I threaten not to show up now! Which means I disagree with the policy, agree with the arguments against but end up chuckling at the "empty" threats :) Especially the ones where the members are from southern indiana !!!!

These boycotts are about the same as if we boycott Tampax.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    O Actually I didn't say that at all. I'm very up to date on the legislation that failed and never supported it. I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone your not related to. Everyone here has seen some weirdo purchasing a firearm with no background check at a gun show. Now we all know that it wouldn't stop all mass shootings or firearms crimes, but it may keep you from selling a firearm to someone with a criminal history or mental issue at a gun show. Thing is, a universal background check hurts no one, now the other bull**** in this bill does and that's why I stated I could not support any legislation without knowing every detail. I also mentioned the possibility of combining the NICS background with the national mental health registry. I am a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and will continue to resist any and all anti gun legislation. I also do not see any reason that there shouldn't be free background checks given at all gun shows. This way you can be sure any firearm your selling is being purchased by a lawful citizen. If you do not believe people attend gun shows on purpose to purchase a firearm who legally can not then you need to educate yourselves. For example, we have people coming into the store and attempting it, so why wouldn't they go to a gun show. To the OP, please educate yourself before spreading false statements. I wish the interview would have been edited better.

Please Educate Yourself.

Baby Steps.

Start with the alphabet and then work your way up to some books with words and pictures. Before too long, you'll be reading and learning with us big boys.

Behind any liquor store of your choice in Indiana, I can buy a firearm within 1 hour.
    2 hours - for a semi handgun for a specific caliber.
    2 -3 hours - for a specific model and caliber.
    No background check, no paperwork and usually no serial number.

In a state that already has crazy regulations in place, I can cut all of these times to acquire the same weapons in half.
    The more rules against a product only increases the "Black-Markets" ability to push that product.

If you have ever been street smart in a Komunist state, you will understand how it works.

Criminals don't have to play by our rules. Never have, never will. That's why they are called-

C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-S.

See-
    Letters make Words,
    Words make Sentences, and so on.

Baby Steps. You'll get it eventually. :D

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    Please Educate Yourself.

Baby Steps.

Start with the alphabet and then work your way up to some books with words and pictures. Before too long, you'll be reading and learning with us big boys.

Behind any liquor store of your choice in Indiana, I can buy a firearm within 1 hour.
    2 hours - for a semi handgun for a specific caliber.
    2 -3 hours - for a specific model and caliber.
    No background check, no paperwork and usually no serial number.

In a state that already has crazy regulations in place, I can cut all of these times to acquire the same weapons in half.
    The more rules against a product only increases the "Black-Markets" ability to push that product.

If you have ever been street smart in a Komunist state, you will understand how it works.

Criminals don't have to play by our rules. Never have, never will. That's why they are called-

C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-S.

See-
    Letters make Words,
    Words make Sentences, and so on.

Baby Steps. You'll get it eventually. :D

I've got a $1000 that says your full of s***. I have the perfect liquor store in mind.

Top Bottom