• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I watched the interview and heard the words.....seemed pretty clear to me on the support for universal back-round checks. You support the expansion of a system that is obviously incomplete enough in the data that is currently in place to stop much of anything. 9,000 convicted felons were "caught" by this current system last year, 44 charged and a fraction of those prosecuted. Please tell me how that is effective?

Imposing additional restrictions on the law abiding citizens does nothing but create a database of firearms transfers. Oh wait, the government says that data won't be kept.........like e-mails and text messages.

Think my education on the back-round check subject is pretty comprehensive..and a degree in engineering gives me the ability to look at and analyze the real data not emotion.
    I was in the store during the interview, and what you seen on TV was not what was said in the shop. I know Andy and all the guys at the shop, top notch supporters of the 2A. The editing on that was misleading, I talked to him a few days later and he was not happy about it, but what can you do when the press tries to make it that way?

Sniper Co is a great bunch of guys, mostly veterans if not all. I admit I have not asked one guy if he is. But I support companies owned and operated by fellow veterans, and this is one of the best.

I have never asked for nor received a discount from them, and I have not nor will I be employed by Sniper Co. I just like swapping stories, getting advice on my current firearms and upgrades, and that they are respectful of everyone that walks through the door.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Then I'll never dirty my soul by walking through their door. They don't really believe in the RIGHT to keep and bear arms - they're just pretenders.

I am only going to state that you are wrong about them on that regard, but you are entitled to your opinion. Luckily you have multiple shops to chose from in Fort Wayne.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I was in the store during the interview, and what you seen on TV was not what was said in the shop.

I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone your not related to.

I also mentioned the possibility of combining the NICS background with the national mental health registry.

. I wish the interview would have been edited better.

Was what was said in the shop the same as what was said in this thread?

For the most part, yes.
    That's not making it any better.

At all.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    A firearm is a deadly weapon that by design is capable of killing hundreds of people per minute in a utopian situation for said firearm.

So, wouldn't it be nice to make certain that everyone who had such deadly force readily available was of proper character and sound mind?
    What about all the other inanimate objects that are used as deadly weapons? The intention of their design has nothing to do with whether they kill people.
    For instance, I own several firearms and none of them have ever killed anyone.
    There are people in my town (and others, I'm sure) who can't say that about their cars, kitchen cutlery, carpentry tools or lawn equipment.
    Point being, why do those deadly tools need any less scrutiny of buyer than another? Sure they were designed for something else... but for crying out loud, you get carded for rubber cement and White Out... and not chainsaws.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    To All,

Universal Background Checks are not, unto themselves, a bad idea.

A firearm is a deadly weapon that by design is capable of killing hundreds of people per minute in a utopian situation for said firearm.

So, wouldn't it be nice to make certain that everyone who had such deadly force readily available was of proper character and sound mind? After all, we wouldn't want to see hundreds of innocents slaughtered if it could be prevented.

Gun advocates and antigun people agree that we find tragedy and heartache in such horrible and senseless acts of violence that seem to regularly bombard us on television.

No reasonable person argues that UBCs would end such acts of barbarity, but possibly mitigate them - and that is a good thing. To take possible 8,000 violent deaths and reduce it to 7,500. There is nothing bad in that, is there?

Yet there is something bad in there that is not often brought up in reasonable discussions. The loss of anonymity. The loss of privacy. The reduction of a free market transaction with bureaucracy.

Would I dare argue the weight of a free market versus simple regulation when lives are at stake? Would I dare argue that profiteering is in and of itself more valuable than an additional minor piece of paperwork to jump through?
    /
    So you just said if the UBC even partially worked you would be willing to sell out our rights. Isn't that basically what Andy said? If not as eloquently?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was in the store during the interview, and what you seen on TV was not what was said in the shop.

Was what was said in the shop the same as what was said in this thread?

From what I remember of the news cast? For the most part, yes.

Then I'll never dirty my soul by walking through their door. They don't really believe in the RIGHT to keep and bear arms - they're just pretenders.

I am only going to state that you are wrong about them on that regard, but you are entitled to your opinion. Luckily you have multiple shops to chose from in Fort Wayne.

Just to help you out, HERE is what was said in this thread:
    ...I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone your not related to.

...I also mentioned the possibility of combining the NICS background with the national mental health registry.

...Now as for universal background checks, I do support them even though I know they will not keep everyone who wants a firearm illegally to get one.

...I personally dislike the fact that anyone can legally sell a firearm to another individual without a background check.

Explain how it is that *I* am wrong?

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Folks, if you read my whole post you find me coming around to contradict myself in the end.

I try to start at the beginning of what "seems" to be a reasonable argument and TRY to show the folly of it.

Sorry that I blathered on so much to get there.:dunno: I do that a lot.

If you read my final line is, "
    The only positive use of a UBC is the paper it is written on when the toilet paper roll has run empty and there is nothing left to grab."

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    To All,

Folks, if you read my whole post you find me coming around to contradict myself in the end.

I try to start at the beginning of what "seems" to be a reasonable argument and TRY to show the folly of it.

Sorry that I blathered on so much to get there.:dunno: I do that a lot.

If you read my final line is, "
    The only positive use of a UBC is the paper it is written on when the toilet paper roll has run empty and there is nothing left to grab."

Regards,

Doug

I am guessing they were to lazy to read the whole post.:D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......... I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone your not related to...........

****ing Woah! :n00b: :noway: Take that commie **** somewhere else.

..............I also mentioned the possibility of combining the NICS background with the national mental health registry..............

GREAT IDEA!!
    That would never be used illegally against the people like the IRS was.

:n00b: :n00b: :n00b: :n00b: :n00b:

552.jpg

Any updates or word from the owner?

Oh, I can't wait.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I stopped reading when the guy was all for outlawing private sales of firearms... I just checked back in to see what I was missing out on.... it appears I can safely return to ignoring this thread.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The posts look out of order to me for some reason, but am I reading this right...? The owner of Sniper Co lives in Louisiana and maybe didn't know what his employees are doing/saying...and he's asking *you* to relay a public statement to INGO so he doesn't have to hit & run register??

I don't know.... I was under the impression the owner was Shawn... Maybe Shawn manages the store for someone. :dunno:

Shawn, while not too active on this site, is already a member here....

Click here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/shaunb.html

Regardless of who the owner is, it would be nice if someone representing them could clarify if this is just one employess opinion or if it's widespread within the store.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Sniper Co... Trolling the interwebs at any cost! A company on the brink of self-destruction will gain attention via any medium possible.

From experience... as in not based on this thread or the comments within it. There's a multitude of reasons (IMO) to spend your hard earned money elsewhere. I've been to the shop on several occasions, spent more than I care to admit, only to listen to the employees belittle each other (loud verbal corrective action that was clearly a chest thumping act by management), Listen to the bragging about how great of shots they are and how they can and will ban anyone who ruffles their feathers from the store and their own Forum where they can play... and this is a quote. "God". All this and the pleasure of very high prices? NO THANK YOU!

Now I'm going to Defend them...???
    I don't care what their opinions are and to get pissed over one's opinion is wrong. You want them to respect your opinion but you'll not reciprocate?

Doesn't mean you/we have to like it, but we should respect that it is their stance and you/we can make the same stance with our wallets!

^^^^^^^^^^
    All of this is in the broadest of context, I'm not referring to any one person or groups of persons... So please no butt hurts!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If someone's opinion is "I don't like the fact that anyone can legally sell a firearm to another person without a background check" and "I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone you're not related to", I'll not respect them OR their opinion. And neither will a lot of others around here

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If someone's opinion is "I don't like the fact that anyone can legally sell a firearm to another person without a background check" and "I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone you're not related to", I'll not respect them OR their opinion. And neither will a lot of others around here
    No respect from me either.

Top Bottom