Donnelley Supports the Second Amendment, Sort of . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Bad thing is most Republicans, with mass majorities in the Indiana senate and house, [STRIKE]can't[/STRIKE] won't pass a single piece of pro gun legislation. More worried about Sunday sales and CBD oils than pro 2a legislation. All politicians are absolutely worthless! This is just my humble opinion however.
    FIFY

harb7676

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Joe trys to play like he’s gun friendly but give him six years and when the next tragedy strikes I am sure he will be pressured into voting with Feinstein

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    We (IMAGC staff) met him in his office in indy in 2013 -
    Based on that meeting - I nicknamed him "bobble head joe" - he kept nodding yes and not hearing a word we said; facts meant nothing.
    it was what he believed - even when we could disprove it.

We deserve better representation. Anyway.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    As an experiment, the OP should send him an email asking what his plans are for more gun control (pretend to be a liberal) and see what his form letter looks like.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yup. Did some quick reading, and it appears Donnelly got elected because he was running against the guy who finally primaried out Dick freakin' Lugar. If Lugar does not fit the definition of a career politician, I don't know who does.

I'd much rather deal with ousting Donnelly than Lugar.

Yes indeed. The GOP ran a doofus against Lugar - and the doofus somehow won. BUT - that then allowed Donnelly to beat said doofus for the Seat.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As an experiment, the OP should send him an email asking what his plans are for more gun control (pretend to be a liberal) and see what his form letter looks like.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have wasted enough time on a lost cause. Donnelly does not deserve another chance. His voting record (see post #27) makes it clear that he is only blowing smoke in the face of the majority of Hoosiers. Our best option is to ensure that the Republican who runs against him has no skeletons in the closet and can refrain from making stupid comments.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Joe is a NY transplant, a coastal liberal lying to IN voters to hold power over us. He deserved to have been booted long ago and only through buffoonery and division of the opposition holds office at all.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    i would even suggest more likely stating a vote for rather than against in my response....purposely unclear as politicians master.

Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about S. 2095, the Assault Weapons Ban. Like you, I believe it is reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce gun violence and protect public safety.
    As you may know, the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (P.L. 103–322) included the federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB), which prohibited a number of semi-automatic firearms categorized as assault weapons from being manufactured for civilian use. In accordance with the provisions of the bill, the AWB expired in September 2004.
    On November 8, 2017, S. 2095 was introduced in the Senate. If enacted, this bill would criminalize the sale, manufacture, transfer, and importation of firearms categorized as military-style assault weapons. Current owners of such firearms would be able to keep them. In addition, many common hunting and sporting firearms, as well as firearms used by law enforcement, would be excluded from the ban.
    [FONT=&quot]Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. I have always recognized that the overwhelming majority of gun owners exercise their Second Amendment rights in a responsible and law-abiding manner, and I will continue to work with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to prevent gun violence while upholding the Second Amendment.

The Assault Weapons Ban is currently pending before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Should this legislation come to the floor of the Senate for a vote, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.
    [/FONT]

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out myFacebook page, follow me on Twitter, or visit my website. Please note when contacting my Senate office that I am only able to respond to questions or concerns related to official Senate business. As such, this letter addresses the issues you raised, which relate to my work in the United States Senate.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes indeed. The GOP ran a doofus against Lugar - and the doofus somehow won. BUT - that then allowed Donnelly to beat said doofus for the Seat.

Let's be clear here. Mourdock would have been a fine senator. He primary'ed a long time PIA Senator out of his seat. Mourdock was trapped by gotcha journalism and PC agenda. Our side was too scared of the PC crowd and media to stand up for our man.

We would be hands and fists above where we have been over the past five years had Mourdock been elected. We would NOT have nearly every Senatorial vote from Indiana cancelled out for that time. Who could know how a solid two Senatorial votes from Indiana could have changed many many things over the past five years?

Hearing Protection Act? NFA stuff? Not to mention Obamacare and every other foolish piece of liberal legislation that has passed because Indiana essentially had NO vote in the Senate.

We foolishly ate our own and allowed Donnelly the win. We have paid dearly for it ever since.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Let's be clear here. Mourdock would have been a fine senator. He primary'ed a long time PIA Senator out of his seat. Mourdock was trapped by gotcha journalism and PC agenda. Our side was too scared of the PC crowd and media to stand up for our man.

We would be hands and fists above where we have been over the past five years had Mourdock been elected. We would NOT have nearly every Senatorial vote from Indiana cancelled out for that time. Who could know how a solid two Senatorial votes from Indiana could have changed many many things over the past five years?

Hearing Protection Act? NFA stuff? Not to mention Obamacare and every other foolish piece of liberal legislation that has passed because Indiana essentially had NO vote in the Senate.

We foolishly ate our own and allowed Donnelly the win. We have paid dearly for it ever since.
    Murdoch winning would have made little difference in the Senate, with the possible exception of I think it was the Obamacare votes.

Sadly, Murdoch didn't have the sense to not fall for the trap of a question. Stating that, "Life is that gift from God that I think even if life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen", was stupid. There was no defense you could have mounted that would have swayed the middle of the road voters to vote for him at that point. It was pretty much all that mattered from that point on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WE threw Mourdock under the bus when we could have backed him up. We were scared of the press and liberal talking points. Thankfully, that has changed now.

We will never know what a two vote swing in the Senate could have amounted to. How many minds, attitudes and bills could have been changed with the solid majority?

Let's not be stupid again, huh?

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Currently NY Joe is polling 45% against a generic IN Republican. When he has a specific opponent it probably won't get better for him...couldn't come too soon. I'm sure the press will do their part in trying to save him though.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Mike Braun....he's getting my vote. Donnelley has had 6 years and has wasted it.
    What? have you been watching too many late night ads by the conservative that wants your vote? you're voting for the guy that's voted in democrat primaries for 10yrs? and just 3yrs ago switched?

Seems like a RINo to me. republican in name only

Braun needs to be ousted in May 8th primary so we can elect an actual Republican.

Vote May 8th

Top Bottom