Donnelley Supports the Second Amendment, Sort of . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Also, Mexico Joe needs to be voted out in November and I got his wonderful email just like the OP.
    I will be sick if the rino is his Republican opponent by somehow winning the May 8th primary........Maybe holding my nose and pull the lever if that's how it plays out.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I am sick to death of defensive voting...give me somebody to vote FOR.
    Great!
    May 8, 2018 vote for the best Republican candidate that you like.
    November 6, 2018 vote for the Republican candidate and hold your nose if it heaven forbid is Braun
    Remember to register on time for the primary and general elections:
    link to info:https://www.in.gov/sos/elections/files/2018 Calendar Brochure.pdf

Results: voting for the Republican will result in Mexico Joe losing his job because he does not support 2A or anything related.
    thank you

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am sick to death of defensive voting...give me somebody to vote FOR.

The difficulty is the freaking purity standards imposed.

Should we look back to Mourdock again for guidance on that? Are we happy after five years of Donnelly because, "OMG I just couldn't vote for that guy."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Should we look back to Mourdock again for guidance on that? Are we happy after five years of Donnelly because, "OMG I just couldn't vote for that guy."

They picked their poison. We have lived with the choice.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

No. It wasn't purity standards. He got 44% of the vote to Donnelly's 50%. The conservatives voted for him. Those somewhere in the middle did not. You are going to be hard pressed to find moderates who are going to vote for someone that says something like he did. Having a R next to their name will get candidates a long way in this state, but not that far.

Most voters are not really big on learning a lot about the candidates they are voting for. Something like saying God intended for a woman to be raped will stick with them though.

Pick a candidate who can refrain from saying something that stupid, and he will probably beat Donnelly easily. Pick one that can't, and you will have six more years of him. And if you want someone to blame, blame the guy that said stupid :poop:.

For the record, I actually voted for Mourdoch. In the end I overlooked the stupid thing he said because I disliked Donnelly more.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I'm not worried about just 6 more years of Sen. Mexico Joe.
    I'm worried he will get just enough votes to stick for the long haul.
    From his email on the 2A he will promise nothing and get nothing done for the 2A

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Something like saying God intended for a woman to be raped will stick with them though.

Pick a candidate who can refrain from saying something that stupid, and he will probably beat Donnelly easily. Pick one that can't, and you will have six more years of him. And if you want someone to blame, blame the guy that said stupid :poop:...

This proves my point. WE threw Mourdock under the bus, by not supporting him. Even someone who voted for him saying how stupid he is agrees with and supports the other side's sensationalizing.

That's not what Mourdock said. This is exactly what he said:

“I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that’s something God intended to happen.”

It is NOT a stretch to read this as he intended it, God intended the life to happen. Yet few on our side stood up for what was meant.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This proves my point. WE threw Mourdock under the bus, by not supporting him. Even someone who voted for him saying how stupid he is agrees with and supports the other side's sensationalizing.

That's not what Mourdock said. This is exactly what he said:

“I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that’s something God intended to happen.”

It is NOT a stretch to read this as he intended it, God intended the life to happen. Yet few on our side stood up for what was meant.
    How do you separate God intended life from the rape, if the life would not exist if not for the rape? That is what people see. You can try defending that, but you are not going to convince the people you needed to convince.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How do you separate God intended life from the rape, if the life would not exist if not for the rape?...

It's very simple when you aren't afraid of the PC police or their wrath splashing back on you:

God intended the life, thus it was conceived. That is it.

Circumstances surrounding the conception are secondary and another subject all together.

Would you like to go into why we need to kill a child, because of the actions surrounding how their parents conceived them?

-----------------------

If we look for reasons to give up, then we'll find them, just as we did. The left were successful at branding our candidate as condoning rape, a lot of that was because we helped them.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yeah I've gotten that response plenty of times. Typical gun-butter. I can't wait to vote for someone other than him in May and November. I voted for Mourdock but didn't think he'd make it after the rape comment.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If Lugar had beaten Mourdock in the Primary and been the Republican candidate and won, he'd have sold us out on the 2nd Amendment at least as much as Donnelly.

Lugar was ALWAYS for so-called "assault weapon" bans and voted for them.

I remember mailing him MANY years ago, and he clearly responded and told me so too.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Lugar needed to go long before he went. But I knew Murdock was done the moment he said that during the debate, the rape word should never have left his mouth, no good sound bites will come of that...the candidates need to start calling out the leftist press corps on these gotcha questions. I look forward hopefully to seeing NY Joe crushed in the next election.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Lugar needed to go long before he went. But I knew Murdock was done the moment he said that during the debate, the rape word should never have left his mouth, no good sound bites will come of that...the candidates need to start calling out the leftist press corps on these gotcha questions. I look forward hopefully to seeing NY Joe crushed in the next election.

About the only way Mourdock could've answered that "gotcha" question with the least damage would've been to say "should a baby be killed because their father is a criminal?".
    Then leave it at that.

I say that as somebody who myself was conceived from a statutory rape, and put up for adoption at birth.
    I CERTAINLY didn't deserve to be killed (if I say so myself).

Top Bottom