• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    I went to Don's about a year ago. Seems everything is chrome, gold, or just "gangstered out. Guess that is the crowd he is trying to draw in with his location.

I also heard he has been convicted of a felony and cant even own a gun is this true?

johnjw77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    well of course she owns it all, lol shes his wife. I heard his rock has the 2nd amendments carved out in it.

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    no saggin pants, no bling in your mouth, no customer service...lol he has targeted his clients, and they are dedicated. went to plainfield shooting supply just to check it out sat. had no idea where it was, so i stopped at the speedway right off of 70. some ghettoass nasty , (let me just say...ewww woman) said , in the most ghetto hoodrat voice "there are no gunshops in plainfield, the best and only 1 i know of is at 38th &laf rd. dons, and they have the best deals" i wanted to shake her, but she is where she belongs going there. yikes at her!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He calls his wife his partner in the business. I was in there one day and she was there, giving all of the instructions to Don and staff.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    DonsRock.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In all actuality...the "rock" doesn't seem all that out of place in front of his house...

It doesn't look gaudy or garish at all.

-J-

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    They, shall we say......do not enjoy a high and fine reputation around here! Rumors abound of high prices, less than safe range conditions, and non-customer-friendly staff.

Many years ago, Don himself told me he "don't want no f&%' cops in my store". I've done everything I can to comply with his wishes.

That is what they say about the range... but my friend loves to go into there and shoot at the weirdest times of the day or night so I"ll go sometimes... if you horse around, they are on it and toss you out fast. One screwy antic and you are gone... but half of the people on the line don't know the first damn thing about guns, as half of them are renting stuff there... and 9 times out of 10 I kid you not, it's some punk with his pants down around his knees with some scared girl with him going 'oooooh ahhhh"

So wait... I guess it IS dangerous

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    They were selling XDm 9/40's at $999. I asked to see the XDm 9 and played with it a little. Then handed it back and asked if people actually pay that much for that pistol, the guy replied "All the time!"

They also have a Barret 50 for $20k, what a deal.

Joke.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    and getting shot by some ghetto peasant.

Or not. There hasn't been a shooting in Don's in ages... and don't give me that crap "we'll it's overdue" becuase then for that matter, I shouldn't leave my house becuase everywhere is a good place to get "shot by some ghetto peasant" Lafayette Square area isn't the Ghetto... it's nothing to be proud of, but there are far far worse places in Indy... and avoiding such places only let's the problem get worse.

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    Why doesn't someone open a store next door or across the street and post a sign that states we sell guns at $100 below Don's, lol? I am sure you could make a boat load of cash, that is if the buyers can all read.:):

Terry

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom