• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    Don is antigun. He supported the gunshow ban and supported the assult weapons ban. Its all about making you buy from him at his pimp prices.
    I told him he was a crooked sack of **** at a Colts game a few years ago. We sat close enough that we used the same pisser and I used to see him most every game. He talked **** and I told him to f off. After that one we didnt talk and he gives me the eye and I gave him the finger about half the time. In the new stadium he sits about 20 feet from me. He is on a RH end seat and Im 5 rows up a couple seats in from the LH end.
    He is looking bad nowdays and has trouble getting up and down the few rows. I just let him go nowdays. If I had to go home with what he calls a wife Id probably be a adam henry as well.

Slap him accross the face with a hotdog. You should be able to launch it just fine from where you are.

nicklilnova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    New Castle,IN
    This place is absolutely horrible... He dont like to make money my a$$.. His prices are just plain stupid... DO NOT SHOP HERE YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF...... The guy is a as crooked as a question mark "?" and thats pretty crooked..

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    I was in Don's once. That placed scared the crap out of me! Between the gangbangers handling the guns and the location, I have never had a desire to go back. And the cheapest gun in the case was a Hi-Point 9mm marked up almost triple over it's internet list price.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Have you ever met Don and actually talked to him. He was Jimmy Hoffa's main body guard! He does know his guns! And I'm sure he carries always. He just wants to make a profit. Most dealers know there is not a lot of markup on guns in a gun shop. It takes ammo and accessories to show a profit. that's the American way. If the prices are to high, don't buy. I think most people that do buy from him, do not know guns.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Have you ever met Don and actually talked to him. He was Jimmy Hoffa's main body guard! He does know his guns! And I'm sure he carries always. He just wants to make a profit. Most dealers know there is not a lot of markup on guns in a gun shop. It takes ammo and accessories to show a profit. that's the American way. If the prices are to high, don't buy. I think most people that do buy from him, do not know guns.

Don't know if that one impresses me. Just sayin'.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    The high prices are enough for me! Once a friend of mine and myself were in Don's a groups of what looked like gang members came inside - I seriously thought they were going to rob the place.

Also, if you use a cell phone in their shop on 38th they'll SCREAM at you, apparently the cell phones disrupt their shotty CCTV system. Why they announce this, I do not know; what would keep a few guys coming in with a phone connected to a call in their pocket before they robbed the place?

I've never been back.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I frequented the range before I knew any better. I go in every once in a while if I want to look at something I'm considering online - but I wouldn't give this scumbag a red cent. I find it hard to believe he's involved in any aspect of the business other than cashing checks at this point - I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in the shop in two years at least. I might've seen him twice when I frequented the range.

I went in a month ago because I wanted to dry-fire a current generation sigma. He wanted $599.99, but was willing to take off 10% - and if i bought the Sigma he would throw in a Jennings .380 for $50.

I told him that was an absurdly bad deal when i could buy it anywhere in town for less than $400 and online for less than that.

"Well it's in stock here. C'mon back when you decide you want it"

Not in a million years.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i have been in there on occasion to use the "range." don has been in there a couple of times...each time he looked like someone reanimated his corpse.

a1gunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Don't know if that one impresses me. Just sayin'.

I agree with Eddie - the Jimmy Hoffa story didn't have a very good ending after all...

Don's is a joke - a very bad joke at that...

Proud father of a United States Airman
    NRA Patron Life Member

Last edited:

hschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Don's

Been there once - it was a big dissapointment.. Lots of hi-point at double the list price but even worse was the "advice" they provided - they have no idea and it did seem like a place where they have little concern about the safety and quality of the products they sell.. even Gander is less expensive and at least there you get people who are serious about their products

just my 2 cents

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

He was in the store once and he is quite a character. Even though I wasn't looking at a taser, he talked me out of one by telling a story about someone that had to be shot because the taser wouldn't put him down.

I stop by Dons once in awhile just to see if my stolen gun shows up.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Actually, it was at the Greenwood store where one of his clerks got murdered back in '96. Don closed that store soon after. Of course he had been losing business there every since he came out and actively supported Commissar Clinton's AWB (he even posted a big congrats to the Prez on his sign after it passed).
    I made the mistake of going into his Greenwood store once, and it took weeks before I felt clean again.

Why would he close the Greenwood store as compared to where the current one is? I'd rather go to a gun store in Greenwood then the current location. Perhaps he welcomes the thug customers I don't know. My wife drove me there when I first moved here in 2006. I was immediately uncomfortable with the neighborhood. After being a buyer at a large MI gunstore for ten years, ending in 2003 I was shocked at the 800.00 glocks. I did try to take a Colt SP1 there to sell shortly after that thinking I might get more with their ridiculous markup but they tried to really lowball me for it. I've never been back. My wife also won't go to a certain eastside store either (near WA street). We were in there and there was some white trash girlfriend of this gangster looking character paying for 4-5 bersas. She's never worked in the business but noticed the possibility of a straw sale. I can't say for sure though whether it was or not since I wasn't privy to the conversation and action leading up to the sale, maybe she just liked all the variations of bersa's.

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    Why would he close the Greenwood store as compared to where the current one is? I'd rather go to a gun store in Greenwood then the current location. Perhaps he welcomes the thug customers I don't know.

The Greenwood store was robbed in 1997. One of the store clerks was killed during the robbery. The store was closed shortly after that if I recall.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    He doesn't want to make any money...

Not trying to start anything here but I was just wondering, What is wrong with Don's Guns?

My son and I were thinking of going up there this weekend but from some of the less than favorable comments I have read here, it looks like most people on this board don't support old "don't want to make any money folks" Don.

I was recently at Elmore's in Greenwood, In and couldn't even get near the counter they were so packed. But that's good for them. I'll go back again sometime. I also went to Bradis and was impressed with their new stock although their used stock of revolvers was miniscule. They were also very, very busy and I didn't want to take up their time with questions when I wasn't buying that day.

Anyway, back to everybody's friend Don. All I know about him is what I see on TV. What's the objection?

...he just wants to bend you over the counter. Can you say ridiculous prices!!!

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    Don's guns has rediculously high prices. Customer service is so so... and like it was noted earlier, they are linked to a significant number of crimes! It's worth the drive to Bradis if you are serious about buying.

CW9

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Greenwood
    He lives in my parents neighborhood in his ridiculous mansion and 5 sports cars, all white of course. I would have to say that he loves to make money. But he does have an awesome granite slab with the 2nd amendment on it in his front yard. props for that.

I went to Dons about a month ago just to see what all the hubbub was. I had heard so many bad things that I was thinking it couldn't be all that bad. Well I was wrong. I couldn't believe the prices. One example would be this. Take a new RIA .45 add some aftermarket grips to make it look cool and bump the sticker price up too $900. That's about 125% markup. I now understand why I see his wife tooling around Greenwood in an $80000 Cadillac. But OH NO he don't wanna make no money, just wants to sell guns right. Well his first challenge would be to get some guns. I saw one or two revolvers that I would concider quality firearms. The price on them was absolute lunacy. Dons guns is a perfect example of a predator taking advantage of the un-educated public. But ya know what this is America this is capatalizm if he can get those prices its not my place to complain. However it is my right not to support him and to warn off anyone I can...:ar15:

Top Bottom