• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    So did anyone try and help the guy? Are we just finding random poor gear selection and then making fun of them because of our superior training and knowledge? I'm not sure what the point of all this is? Although the guy probably has little knowledge of what he is doing or what he will need, he is at least moving in the right direction.

I found an image while doing a search. One of the images I clicked on took me to the Gear thread on AR15.com. No clue who the guy is.
    https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=302847&page=58

The point I am trying to make is to not just throw a bunch of stuff together, just to throw it together. The ergonomics and choices made in this load out are at the bottom of the scale. 7 AR mags in a thigh rig? IR chemlights with no night vision? MRE with no way to carry water? All that weight with no way to stay hydrated?

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    So did anyone try and help the guy? Are we just finding random poor gear selection and then making fun of them because of our superior training and knowledge? I'm not sure what the point of all this is? Although the guy probably has little knowledge of what he is doing or what he will need, he is at least moving in the right direction.
    If it was a forum memeber they would get razzed, but ultimately help/advice would be offered. I was under the assumption that this was another Tier 1 Internet Operator. If not then I would glad offer up some of my limited knowledge.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    SMH I laugh at these types of people. We never wore all this crap you see people wearing these days. I wonder if this guy took combat training where he learned to do a barrel roll through a second story window while firing a weapon matrix style.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We're all gonna die anyway. A bacpack with some useful stuff in it may just delay that some. How long will depend on some luck, some skill, and be very dependent on environmental variables.

I look at it as more of making the remaining time less uncomfortable.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I would hazard a guess that there are lots of folks out there like him. They get a thrill out of selecting the gear, assembling it, daydreaming about using it, and then getting it out of the closet periodically to mess with it and pose it for photos. They have no specific mission or cohesive plan but just throw a bunch of cool stuff together and envision rolling gun battles through the vinyl villages. I admit to having to catch myself a few times by asking whether I really need something or if I'm buying it because it's cool and "ya never know." If this guy has the disposable cash to do this and gets a kick out of it then I'm not knocking his hobby though.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    In the past I did buy things on how cool they looked. Now I try to look past the tacticool look and focus on the actual performance of the weapon or equipment.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a young apprentice that was just starting out in the trades. He was very excited and tried really hard but he didn't have the most common sense. He loved the Klein tool catalog. His tool belt had no one or two pouches, but four, and they were all filled to capacity. It must have weighed 40 lbs. He was like a self propelled tool chest. Whenever he worked with me all I carried was a pocket knife and a coffee cup. Life would be dull without a wide variety of personalities.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Heh, you never know. The leg-rig seems a bit extreme, but I was talking to a co-worker who is a Reserve Marine Infantry machine-gunner. He rucks with a 150+ pound pack, body armor, an M240, an M-9, and his share of ammo (which I assume is more than one 100 round belt of 7.62 NATO). The subject of the OP may still be young and used to muling around that kind of load. Let 'im enjoy it while he's got the back and knees for it.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Holy **** batman. This guy's got enough gear for two more people to share the load. Shtf scenario he's the slow guy you ( fill in the blank ) to re-up with.

Top Bottom