• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I've never had a problem with Bud's either. I just bought a rifle from Grabagun and they were cheaper than Bud's. Transaction went just fine.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's just because they usually can't touch Buds on price and they don't like it. Buds prices haven't been too great lately with everybody trying to cash in on the demand but i've seen some items starting to go down in price.
    I don't know ... I was asking them about doing a transfer from an online seller and they said that was fine so long as it wasn't Bud's. I asked why, and they gave me some reasons that made sense but I'd have trouble clearly regurgitating that now (it's been a while). They seemed 100% a-okay with doing transfers from anywhere *but* Bud's. They weren't selling me a gun either way (made that clear) so they had no reason to bad-mouth them on the premise that Bud's had lower prices than them.

Next time I'm in either of the stores I'll see if I can't get it re-explained to me.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I won't let one bad experience keep from anyplace. I will not mention a name, but I went to LGS to see what I could get for a gun. I found nothing online before I went, and he found nothing in the big blue book, so I took what he offered and he took the risk. Well two weeks later I see the gun on his rack for over 5 times what I got in store credit, I know he has overhead and needs to made a profit, but DANG. So anyway it left a bitter taste in my mouth, did not go there, wouldn't recommend anyone go there. Fast forward and I have heard of others good experiences at said store for a few years, I give them a chance, had the gun I wanted at a fair price, friendly employees, went back with the wife and she got a gun also. So don't give up because of one bad experience, not every customer on every day goes away happy, you are mad this time, but you will probably get the good treatment you hear everyone else talking about next time. Remember we can all have a bad day.

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    I have purchased several guns from Buds and all went well. I place my order online and drive over when I get an email that my order is ready. That saves me the transfer fee and I get to look around while I'm there.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    When I bought my last gun I was price comparing among multiple places and Bud's was the cheapest. However, once you factored in transfer fees, shipping, etc., it would've only amounted to a $15 difference and while I'm not loaded with cash, I decided to pay a bit extra to support my LGS. I've price compared on other items, too, and found that my LGS isn't too much more than Bud's. So, unless Bud's carries something I can't get elsewhere I'll just spend my money in the community.

YMMV, but for those of you looking around Bud's is cheaper, but sometimes supporting the little guy is worth a few extra bucks. Plus, no customer service issues, you can deal with the seller face-to-face.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i have bought at least three guns from buds and have always gotten good service from them. i must say though i am dissapointed at their pricing during the panic. i think they still have stripped lowers for $299 with the comment "these won't last long!"

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have bought 3 firearms from bud's using two different FFLs to transfer and did not have an issue. There are enough Preferred FFLs on Bud's FFL list that it should be easy to find one close to you.

I would like to hear more on the story of the 'price' discrepancy.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    As far as price, it's not really a level playing field yet. There is no way any local gun shop can compete with a mail order place when the local shop has to charge 7% sales tax and the mail order place if out of state does not.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I got 2 guns from Bud's and used the lawaway with no issues
    and lightning fast shipping.

I saved $100 on my XD9 sc includeing transfer.

Jimmy

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've bought two guns and a 1,000 round lot of .45ACP and everything has went without a hitch on all orders.

I'm curious as to what the price difference was, and if it was the CC vs cash thing?

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Ya, I have heard nothing but good stuff about Buds, I`m sure it was some kind of misunderstanding. Try them again, or talk to them on the phone. They really are a good shop to do business with.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I can't understand why people keep thinking they're getting a great deal from Buds. Their Glocks, when thy have any, are usually almost $600 for gen 3s and more for 4s. Whittakers is $485 on most small frame gen 3s (17,19,22,23,26,27) and $522 for gen 4s. The .45s (21, 30) are a little more. Even with paying shipping and transfer fee you still get a lot better deal from Whits.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I started ordering from buds about 6 months ago when i found a nice local ffl to send me guns to. I havent had any probs so far. I know the cash price can be misleading when yer paying with a credit card, i had to explain this to a buddy who was like wtf they upped the price, and i said nope cc's add 3% to price. I blame visa for that, heh.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    You can add me as a person who is a fan of Bud's. I've bought several guns from them, and even had to refuse/send one back because of a defect. Bud's was outstanding through the whole transaction. I will keep using them until I get burned somehow.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I started ordering from buds about 6 months ago when i found a nice local ffl to send me guns to. I havent had any probs so far. I know the cash price can be misleading when yer paying with a credit card, i had to explain this to a buddy who was like wtf they upped the price, and i said nope cc's add 3% to price. I blame visa for that, heh.

Op was that what happened to you? If so they cleary show their prices as cash discount prices.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've made several purchases from Bud's without issue, and on the last two they actually shipped the day after I ordered them (last purchase was less than a month ago). Most times I will check prices first at my LGS, and sometimes they will even match the Bud's price (considering the sales tax vs. the transfer fee - Bud's doesn't charge shipping on most gun purchases). But most of the time, Bud's price ends up being cheaper - and I have some money left to buy ammo. I support my LGS when I can, but every dime I spend comes out of MY pocket, so I go where the value is - and a good portion of the time that's Bud's.

Top Bottom