• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can't understand why people keep thinking they're getting a great deal from Buds. Their Glocks, when thy have any, are usually almost $600 for gen 3s and more for 4s. Whittakers is $485 on most small frame gen 3s (17,19,22,23,26,27) and $522 for gen 4s. The .45s (21, 30) are a little more. Even with paying shipping and transfer fee you still get a lot better deal from Whits.

Because not everyone is buying a Glock. I got my Sig P220 almost $200 cheaper than any LGS. Buds also has a huge selection. Savage Trophy Hunter with scope is about $70 cheaper than LGS and in stock in multiple calibers, as an example.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    My friend has a FFL and did so many transfers from Buds they made him a preferd Receiver. They have his paper work on record so the gun ships as soon as possible. Never any problems from Buds.

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I think post that are light on facts with the attempt to smear a business with what seems to be a pretty good reputation should be deleted. I notice the OP never popped back in here to let everybody know what the circumstances of the situation were.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just wanted to give some negative feedback to Buds guns online.Purchased a handgun and was mislead on price and after not honoring they cancelled my order.Tried to get ahold of someone to discuss and customer service sucks.:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Who's lunch bucket did you **** in?

I've not bought anything from Bud's, but they have one of the best reputations for online retailers.
    Are you absolutely sure there was not a misunderstanding about the price, then somebody lost their cool?

Sorry, but Bud's is NOT Don's guns. They just don't get bad feedback, per se.
    I am sorry you had a bad experience with them, but I think you should retry to contact customer service and see if someone else might be of more help.

armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Re experience

I was purchasing a handgun and when I clicked to purchase it gave me a price to pay.When I went to checkout it offered the 3% discount so I chose to pay by echeck to get discount.I noticed that the price didnt change so I called to ask about it,we are talking 14.00,not a big deal but just the principal.When I called they said there was two prices listed .I told them It only showed one price and thats why I was confused.He said nothing he could do but would have a supervisor call me back in 20 min.I waited 5 hours later and called back,talked to supervisor which explained same thing.Two prices listed and I got the discount I explained again must have been a glitch in the system because it only showed one price.So I asked to speak to someone that could do something more and he wasnt in until monday and he would call me.I waited until late afternoon and no call so I called and asked for him,we spoke and I explained again and he said I got the discount and that was all that mattered and didnt want to hear anything I had to say.After going back and forth a few time he said I am just going to cancel your order and cancel your account.I told him I didnt want to cancel the order,just wanted someone to take care of the issue.I asked to speak to his boss and he would not give me anyone else to talk to and said I am cancelling everything and hung up on me.I waited till the next day and sent him back an email and told him I was sorry about the confusion and tried to just let things go and got no response.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    They've stated many times, they get 2000 orders on average per day. That's during normal times, they are swamped. Sh*t happens. They probably don't have time to spend dickering over $14.00.

14 orders over the past 2 yrs, myself of various items, and never an issue of any sort.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Not ruling out Bud's yet.

DSG Arms is great. I love 'em. Nothing but good things to say. I've also seen folks who seemed to be more of a pain to them than the profit margin allowed and they cancelled account and order. It's the luxury of a seller's market and those who don't subscribe to "the customer is always right."

The customer isn't always right.

Top Bottom