Don't get upset, this may be only the beginning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Wow. Some people need to get a clue, walking down the street with your hands in your pockets gets the police called. :facepalm:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Fails on several levels, someone had to dispatch Officer Nerdly in the first place. Don't the Pontiac Officers get ANY training on what is and is not legal in their jurisdiction?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    That's a cop who could use a ball bat upside the head to try and knock some sense into him.
    I doubt those cops get to pick and choose what calls they run on. Calling for a baseball bat to the head of guy doing his job is bushleague. I do have a serious problem with the person that called this in.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I doubt those cops get to pick and choose what calls they run on. Calling for a baseball bat to the head of guy doing his job is bushleague. I do have a serious problem with the person that called this in.

Should the dispatcher inquire about actual or even suspected criminal activity? I should not be able to call 911 and tell them that I have a concern about a man walking down the street with his hands in his pocket. I would think there are greater concerns for the police.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Should the dispatcher inquire about actual or even suspected criminal activity? I should not be able to call 911 and tell them that I have a concern about a man walking down the street with his hands in his pocket. I would think there are greater concerns for the police.

Ideally the dispatcher is trained to ask pertinent questions and pass on that information. Once the complaint call comes in there is a digital or paper record for accountability. I for one don't want dispatchers deciding what calls go out.

I would like for a police say "thats a BS call no reason to go". But that does put the officer in a liable position if something was to come of the call. Or the officer could be viewed as not doing his duty. So it is probably less of a headache just to go check it out. I'm not a dispatcher or a cop.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    He should have just admitted that he was playing pocket pool........which isn't a crime yet. Now, if he was playing an unsolicited away game, that might be a different story.

Actually pocket pool falls under lewd conduct most likely.

That said I do not understand the original call or the arrest.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Sad that someone felt so threatened by a man walking down the street on a cold day with his hands in his pockets that they called the police for their protection.

Sad that someone not doing anything wrong felt the need to record a police interaction on his cell phone for his protection.

Sad that a LEO talking to a man on street also felt the need to record the interaction for his protection.

Has everyone become paranoid or are there really that many people out to get us?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seriously, does anyone REALLY think this guy was called in because he had his hands in his pockets? And to answer the question someone posed earlier, No we cannot NOT take a run, though a supervisor can countermand call.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sad that someone felt so threatened by a man walking down the street on a cold day with his hands in his pockets that they called the police for their protection.

Sad that someone not doing anything wrong felt the need to record a police interaction on his cell phone for his protection.

Sad that a LEO talking to a man on street also felt the need to record the interaction for his protection.

Has everyone become paranoid or are there really that many people out to get us?

That LEO is an idiot. He wasn't filmin for his protection, he was filming to be annoying, in a situation where he obviously did not feel threatened.

Top Bottom