Don't get upset, this may be only the beginning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Could have been a case of walking while black, in some neighborhoods that will get you stopped.

In the vast majority of cases I've seen, it's not some self-initiated action by the officer, but some other local, who doesn't like the way a person looks.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    That LEO is an idiot. He wasn't filmin for his protection, he was filming to be annoying, in a situation where he obviously did not feel threatened.

I thought he was filming, not to be annoying, but to be funny, maybe to defuse the situation with a little humor. I might have been very annoyed if I was the citizen, but I don't have a problem with how the officer handled it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I know we don't get all sides of the story out of these videos, but going on the one side we do see, this is total bull****! And I see no reason for a bat to the head of the cop, but the low life slime that called it in deserves whatever misfortune they may meet with.

Once again, just basing my comments off of what this APPEARS to be.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Seriously, does anyone REALLY think this guy was called in because he had his hands in his pockets? And to answer the question someone posed earlier, No we cannot NOT take a run, though a supervisor can countermand call.

I am only going by what the officer said.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am only going by what the officer said.

Oh, I believe the officer when he said that was the reason he was dispatched there. It's the person who complained, that I doubt called simply because the guy was walking with his hands in his pockets.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I thought he was filming, not to be annoying, but to be funny, maybe to defuse the situation with a little humor. I might have been very annoyed if I was the citizen, but I don't have a problem with how the officer handled it.

No way that will ever defuse a situation. Officer should have made contact (or even better observed from a distance), and then if seeing no wrongdoing, moved along.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I wonder how many white kids were stopped while walking with there hands in their pockets. If somebody really made that call to the police, then he/she needs an a$$ whoopin.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I walked with my hands in my pockets once. Of course I'm white bread so I got away with it.

There's either more to this story or the world's a worse place than I think it is. I long for a world where a person of any color, religion, or sexual orientation can have warm hands.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I walked with my hands in my pockets once. Of course I'm white bread so I got away with it.

There's either more to this story or the world's a worse place than I think it is. I long for a world where a person of any color, religion, or sexual orientation can have warm hands.

I think the world is much worse than you have or will experience in some cases, but it's not as bad as some would have you believe.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No way that will ever defuse a situation. Officer should have made contact (or even better observed from a distance), and then if seeing no wrongdoing, moved along.
    It would seem that the part in bold would have been the best action to take. Park and watch the guy for a bit, if he doesn't do anything suspicious move on.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I doubt those cops get to pick and choose what calls they run on. Calling for a baseball bat to the head of guy doing his job is bushleague. I do have a serious problem with the person that called this in.
    It has gotten to the point know that Dispatch has to send a Deputy and we can't refuse to go to a call. That's my Department.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sad that someone not doing anything wrong felt the need to record a police interaction on his cell phone for his protection.
    Seriously? Dude. Police don't always get it right (wrong info, wrong addresses, wrong person...etc.). You BET I record. And I'm a law abiding monkey. I'm just covering my prehensile tail!

Top Bottom