Don't get upset, this may be only the beginning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    **** you.

Not you but you get it right.....

Wrong answer. I'm trying to get it through the minds of young people that even in a situation like this, do not say or do something stupid. If that young man had said something like that, the courts of law and public opinion would not care why the police stopped him, beat him, and arrested him. The ONLY answer is "Yes, sir!" until the encounter ends. At that point file an official report to a sergeant or possibly a lieutenant, at the station. Yeah, the odds that something will happen to the officer is slim, but if there is a history of this kind of behavior, something just may happen. A YouTube video is not an official report and it's likely this video is getting many laughs at the officer's station, but if there is no report filed, he can't expect anything but his video to go viral and get picked up by the media.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wrong answer. I'm trying to get it through the minds of young people that even in a situation like this, do not say or do something stupid. If that young man had said something like that, the courts of law and public opinion would not care why the police stopped him, beat him, and arrested him. The ONLY answer is "Yes, sir!" until the encounter ends. At that point file an official report to a sergeant or possibly a lieutenant, at the station. Yeah, the odds that something will happen to the officer is slim, but if there is a history of this kind of behavior, something just may happen. A YouTube video is not an official report and it's likely this video is getting many laughs at the officer's station, but if there is no report filed, he can't expect anything but his video to go viral and get picked up by the media.

I know that "Q".......And you are right in that perspective. I am just trying to stop my head from spinning after attempting to watch the talking heads this AM on the Ferguson issue. The pain.....Make it stop.
    Depending on how the Leo approaches the situation would make up how the rest of the conversation went. I am most generally amiable in any conversation involving LEO.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know that "Q".......And you are right in that perspective. I am just trying to stop my head from spinning after attempting to watch the talking heads this AM on the Ferguson issue. The pain.....Make it stop.
    Depending on how the Leo approaches the situation would make up how the rest of the conversation went. I am most generally amiable in any conversation involving LEO.

I know you get it, but we do have some young people on here who believe it's okay to debate or talk back to the police. That is never the right choice no matter how or why the officer approaches.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This article has the response from the Sheriff. According to him, 911 was called by a local business that had been robbed 7 times and were concerned when they saw him walk past the window looking in 5-6x with his hands in his pockets. He also says the video was edited and that the deputy explained all of that to the guy and the guy stated that if he had called in on a suspicious person that the would expect them to respond and talk to the person.
    Two-phone standoff after cop stops man for 'walking with hands in pockets' - CNET

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This article has the response from the Sheriff. According to him, 911 was called by a local business that had been robbed 7 times and were concerned when they saw him walk past the window looking in 5-6x with his hands in his pockets. He also says the video was edited and that the deputy explained all of that to the guy and the guy stated that if he had called in on a suspicious person that the would expect them to respond and talk to the person.
    Two-phone standoff after cop stops man for 'walking with hands in pockets' - CNET

Yeah, I don't buy that. If the guy walked by the window 5 or 6 times looking in the business window, that in itself is suspicious enough to make contact, and it would be the first thing I stated to the person I was talking to, not that he was walking with his hands in his pockets.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When window shopping is a crime, only criminals will window shop.

(Welcome back, Kutie.) :D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When window shopping is a crime, only criminals will window shop.

(Welcome back, Kutie.) :D

Hey, I got your message. I was going to get back to you. You wouldn't believe the trials and tribulations I've undergone during my sabbatical.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No worries. :)

Just glad to see you [strike]stirring the pot[/strike] engaging in constructive discussion again. :D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah, I don't buy that. If the guy walked by the window 5 or 6 times looking in the business window, that in itself is suspicious enough to make contact, and it would be the first thing I stated to the person I was talking to, not that he was walking with his hands in his pockets.

And how do you know it wasn't? How long were they talking before that clip started?

Top Bottom