Don't make fun of the husky guy, he may survive longer than you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I just spent the evening with some members from my wife's side of the family, as well as some from my side, at a birthday party in a church building her dad is a member at. It began to snow, A LOT. We finished up and everybody headed out. Now, several of the people in my wife's family are, ahem, "big boned". You know the type, well fed, but not Michael Moore or Jaba-da-hut disgusting. My family, for the most part, consists of leaner built people.

Anyways, as I drove home, I thought, what if we were trapped in that building with nothing but water to drink with all those people. Obviously whatever food was left would go to the children, and the adults would just have to survive on water. The average time one can survive without food is 3 weeks. But how long could a hefty person last? An Obese person even?

A quick Google search turned up estimates anywhere from 3-25 weeks, depending on how morbidly obese they are. Of course, other factors like their will to live, climate, stress level, and overall body systems health come into play, but TWENTY FIVE WEEKS!!!! That's HALF A YEAR!!!

So, next time you go looking at the guy in the checkout thinkin' "Buddy, you need to loose a few tons." Just hope like hell he doesn't have more ammo than you do to fend off the looters.

Oh, and before you say anything about Zombies... that doesn't count. Everybody knows the fastest runner wins.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    I will make fun of them. They will taste better than a skinny person. At the very least you can part them out. Take one arm off a fat person, and everyone share it, and it'll feed more than a skinny persons arm. Plus you might not have to eat the entire body you know

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The OP just reaffirmed what I have been saying for years. I have been training my whole life for a starve-off...Last one standing wins!

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Haha...all this cannibalism talk reminds me of that movie "the road". Just watched it, and don't think I can bring myself to eat a "bigN"

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Haha...all this cannibalism talk reminds me of that movie "the road". Just watched it, and don't think I can bring myself to eat a "bigN"

Not exactly what I would want on my menu but Sweet Baby Ray's makes everything taste good. Even burnt meat...I found that out the hard way but not human meat:D

DIM TIM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Stuck in Ohio
    Keep talking scrawny ones. A skinny lion is a bad hunter. ;)

My thoughts as well. You know of course that the fat people are just going to hole up and wait out all you " sticks ".
    Sort of like fishing for bluegill.......may not be a bunch of meat on one, but a stringer full.............:rolleyes:
    Yep...thin may be in, but fat is where it's at.

You see...fat people can't run very well. They know this, and that's why they know that all they have to do is wait. Then they just walk around town with a cart or dolly, and pick up the ones that dropped first ( skinny people ), and ain't spoiled yet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom