• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is closer to the intent of what was being discussed: the "serious violent felon". Whether non-violent crimes should be reclassified as something other than "felony", or whether violent crimes should be classified as something more than "felony", it really doesn't matter. It is the serious violent felons (murder, rape, kidnapping, violent assault, etc.) who should be kept away from free society for as long as necessary - up to and including life.

Otherwise, if someone completes the term of their sentence (including incarceration and subsequent probation), all rights of a free man should be restored.

Probably better stated than mine.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    When researching the meaning of English legal terms of art at time of ratification I normally go to Blackstone's Commentaries on the Laws of England.

So that upon the whole the only adequate definition of felony seems to be that which is before laid down; viz. an offense which occasions a total forfeiture of either lands, or goods, or both, at the common law; and to which capital or other punishment may be superadded, according to the degree of guilt.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Late to the party, but I didn't see this said. Kut, to be clear, I'm not dogpiling you, as I think the question is asked and answered, but for anyone else reading this that still supports "must inform", please look up the claim to fame of Daniel Harless of Canton Ohio, to see why must-inform is a bad thing, fraught with potential for abuse.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Late to the party, but I didn't see this said. Kut, to be clear, I'm not dogpiling you, as I think the question is asked and answered, but for anyone else reading this that still supports "must inform", please look up the claim to fame of Daniel Harless of Canton Ohio, to see why must-inform is a bad thing, fraught with potential for abuse.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill

[video=youtube_share;2zdLctr7Bo8]http://youtu.be/2zdLctr7Bo8[/video]

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I can't see the point of must inform.

As a law abiding citizen, I will inform if its required by law.
    As a law abiding citizen, I have no interest in shooting a cop.

If I were a criminal and meant harm to the officer, I sure as hell wouldn't tell him I had a gun.

I fail to see how this increases safety. In order for it to help you have to trust criminals to follow the law.

Top Bottom