• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I thought the show was good too, but I more or less disagreed with the host telling everyone to include all of their neighbors. I would think if your in a big city and plan and using your home as a 'fort' then the last think you'll want/need is all of your neighbors thinking they can come mooch, or worse just kill you and take all of your food or just take over your home base.

i agree! this just doesnt make sense to me. in a day and age where we usually dont really know our neighbors, and most are too lazy to prep on their own this just doesnt seem like a good idea. the fewer people that know the less of a target you are. i think the guy with the green house in the swimming pool is a genius but, you dont think that huge tent thing over it is going to draw some attention? :dunno:

jake

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I thought the show was good too, but I more or less disagreed with the host telling everyone to include all of their neighbors. I would think if your in a big city and plan and using your home as a 'fort' then the last think you'll want/need is all of your neighbors thinking they can come mooch, or worse just kill you and take all of your food or just take over your home base.
    I think they were referring to the couple that converted their pool because they have made themselves targets because the neighbors did know what they were doing. If people know what you are doing they need to be considered in your plans at least to the extent that you may have to defend yourself against them in a time of STHF or make them part of your group.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I want to be able to fish in my pool!! But seriously, what did he say they spawn? 40,000 every 4-5 months? Won't they eventually overcrowd, preventing growth from lack of oxygen to the "pond"?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I just watched the episode that the link was provided to. I think that they are personally a little over the top but, it gave me plenty of ideas for things that I could do with my family on a smaller scale to prep for much smaller scale disasters.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I want to be able to fish in my pool!! But seriously, what did he say they spawn? 40,000 every 4-5 months? Won't they eventually overcrowd, preventing growth from lack of oxygen to the "pond"?

they are eating the fish everyday they said so that might help, and they can always treat the water and add oxygen to it if need be i would think, the do it on a much grander scale at sea world. also my guess is that the plant stuff (forget the name) oxygenate and filters some what too

just a guess of having large tanks in the past

jake

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I just watched the episode that the link was provided to. I think that they are personally a little over the top but, it gave me plenty of ideas for things that I could do with my family on a smaller scale to prep for much smaller scale disasters.

Ice storm, tornado, solar flares and other natural disasters are what make me want to prepare most as they are the most likely.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    I downloaded a copy for later to get the wife to watch. Took advantage of one of the youtube downloaders save a copy. This is the free one I use. http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/YouTube Downloader - Software to download and convert YouTube video

"YouTube Downloader is software that allows you to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Google Video, Yahoo Video, and many others and convert them to other video formats." "It also allows you to convert downloaded videos for Ipod, Iphone, PSP, Cell Phone, Windows Media, XVid and MP3." to keep a copy for later.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    some of those people take it a bit to far i think but i do like the show

Yes, some take it to far. If you could take a little bit from each one and throw out a lot of it then you would have what most people really need to look at. I won't be having my swimming pool turned into a green house anytime soon:D

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i really liked what the guy with the pool did, very smart and ingenious! i would have never thought of that. but! if something big happens he might as well bug out or shoot himself cause having that in the back yard that visible has put a huge target on him and his family. for all his preps and he's done well, he'll be dead in a week and god knows what will happen to his family afterward.

jake

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    "It was one of those malfunctions where your hand goes in front of the barrel and the gun went off."

Dumbass.

I really hope I never have any of those types of malfunctions. I really don't think he should be trying to teach his kids to shoot.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i couldnt believe that guy shot himself on a national tv show about being prepared and self sufficient for a shtf scenario.. i wouldnt trust that guy with a gun if it was WWIIIIIIII

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    i couldnt believe that guy shot himself on a national tv show about being prepared and self sufficient for a shtf scenario.. i wouldnt trust that guy with a gun if it was WWIIIIIIII

I gave him one and a half thumbs up when he hit the dirt and once again when his kids said something about him passing out and he was like yeah I did. His kids did look fairly safe from what I saw of them but he might break them of their good habits.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

Did you see prior to shooting himself he was loading a rifle with his kid sitting on the ground with the barrel over the boys head. We had to back it up and watch it a couple times. :n00b:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Did you see prior to shooting himself he was loading a rifle with his kid sitting on the ground with the barrel over the boys head. We had to back it up and watch it a couple times. :n00b:

Did you see the "quality" knives the one guy had? Several looked like he was getting his SHTF weapons at a flea market. Matter of fact, I think I had one of knives he showed when I was 10 or 11 and thought it looked cool.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    "It was one of those malfunctions where your hand goes in front of the barrel and the gun went off."

Dumbass.

Yeah, thought the same thing. That's not a malfunction of the firearm, just one major brain shart that resulted in his thumb being blown off.

What they should have done was left him there for an hour to see how he'd react (besides passing out). What if the SHTF and you managed to blow your thumb off? No helicopters or hospitals.

That would have tested his survival skills.

Did you see the "quality" knives the one guy had? Several looked like he was getting his SHTF weapons at a flea market. Matter of fact, I think I had one of knives he showed when I was 10 or 11 and thought it looked cool.

Yeah......that was another WTF from that episode. They were pretty high end.

Top Bottom