• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meh. I actually prefer their wings to others. I like the crispy breading under the sauce.

Of course that means that you can only eat them fresh else the breading soaks up the sauce and becomes a slimy mess. I couldnt imagine eating hooters wings to go.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wait... So you're saying there are days that Mrs Hough doesn't make your sammich? And you have to make it yourself. That's rough, man.:n00b:

BeneficialDefiantHagfish-size_restricted.gif

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don’t use door dash or the like, but I most certainly make use of Peapod, GreenBean, and Drizly delivery services. Not having to go into Walmart, Meijer, Kroger, or the like unless I want to, is worth its weight in gold!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Meh. I actually prefer their wings to others. I like the crispy breading under the sauce.

Of course that means that you can only eat them fresh else the breading soaks up the sauce and becomes a slimy mess. I couldnt imagine eating hooters wings to go.

Breading?? On wings??? Man... first watermelon candy, now this... :ugh:

200.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Breading?? On wings??? Man... first watermelon candy, now this... :ugh:

200.gif
    I also like naked (traditional) wings too. I'm not a heathen!

If it helps I want to throat punch whomever came up with "boneless wings". They are f***ing marinated chicken nuggets, not wings! And in that vein, I'll never step foot in an Applebees again. I used to eat there back in the day, but today I cant stand ANYTHING they offer. The steaks are crap, and ALWAYS have a tendon that cannot be cut running through the center of the meat. Its like they buy the section of the sirloin that nobody else will buy.

But I did enjoy going and having a beer and a basket of wings for a late night snack since they ran half priced appetizers after 10. I could get 10 wings and a beer for under $10, a decent deal. Well, until they switched to 100% "boneless wings". That last night I sat down at the bar, ordered my beer and the bartender came back to take my order as she set my mug down. Before I could even take a sip (thank God) she said "sorry, we got rid of the bone-in wings. Are boneless OK?" I said that I came for wings, and nuggets just dont cut it, and politely excused myself. Havent been back since.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I mean, they have great fries but the half life on them is only about 5 minutes. They are just as bad cold as they are good when hot!:puke:

You need an air fryer. I'd spent the first 30+ years of my life thinking that fried potatoes in any form were garbage as soon as they cooled off, but an air fryer will refresh them to as good as when they first came out of the oil.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I also like naked (traditional) wings too. I'm not a heathen!

If it helps I want to throat punch whomever came up with "boneless wings". They are f***ing marinated chicken nuggets, not wings! And in that vein, I'll never step foot in an Applebees again. I used to eat there back in the day, but today I cant stand ANYTHING they offer. The steaks are crap, and ALWAYS have a tendon that cannot be cut running through the center of the meat. Its like they buy the section of the sirloin that nobody else will buy.

But I did enjoy going and having a beer and a basket of wings for a late night snack since they ran half priced appetizers after 10. I could get 10 wings and a beer for under $10, a decent deal. Well, until they switched to 100% "boneless wings". That last night I sat down at the bar, ordered my beer and the bartender came back to take my order as she set my mug down. Before I could even take a sip (thank God) she said "sorry, we got rid of the bone-in wings. Are boneless OK?" I said that I came for wings, and nuggets just dont cut it, and politely excused myself. Havent been back since.
    Okay, you have redeemed yourself somewhat with the boneless "wing" comments. But I'll be keeping an eye on you mister! :):

tenor.gif

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Delivery services: Just another opportunity for additional persons to stick their fingers in your cake.

There was a yahoo story a few days ago about somebody that had Door Dashed a milkshake of all things. Upon reviewing their security cam footage later they discovered that the delivery guy had helped himself to a big swig of it as he walked up to the door.:puke:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There was a yahoo story a few days ago about somebody that had Door Dashed a milkshake of all things. Upon reviewing their security cam footage later they discovered that the delivery guy had helped himself to a big swig of it as he walked up to the door.:puke:

And you would not believe what happens at the grocery or factory where your food is from, that you perceive as clean. If humans are involved it is dirty. Grow your own or put up with it, and that may not be as clean as you think. The FDA has a standard for the amount of rat hair allowed to be in your cereal.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...If humans are involved it is dirty. Grow your own or put up with it...

Yep.
    I have seen hot dogs being mass produced. I have chosen to put up with it cause I loves me some hot dogs.;)

The other people I toured the facility with, they haven't ate one since.:dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep.
    I have seen hot dogs being mass produced. I have chosen to put up with it cause I loves me some hot dogs.;)

Funny thing is, liking food is a product of the mind, no one is born not liking a certain food.

I tell city raised folks stories about growing up in a more rural environment, that likely pales to some of the stories you guys have, and they get queasy just thinking about it. Things like Grandma boiling hogs heads to skin and "mince" the face meat for real minced meat pies. Eating pig nuts we just cut that morning for lunch. Delicious!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Agreed. Food service is spotty at best, even the fancy shmancy places have various skeletons in their closets. They opened a new hot dog plant where I used to live and when they had their grand opening they had a community day. Unfortunately they forget to accompany the local news crew when they went thru the facilty. The footage that night on the local station was pretty gruesome.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I tell city raised folks stories about growing up in a more rural environment, that likely pales to some of the stories you guys have, and they get queasy just thinking about it. Things like Grandma boiling hogs heads to skin and "mince" the face meat for real minced meat pies. Eating pig nuts we just cut that morning for lunch. Delicious!!!

Me too. Grew up with hogs and the only part wasted was the oink.:laugh:

Great-grandma used to make souse. Like head cheese, but pickled in vinegar. Although, that stuff grosses me out to this day. But a friend's grandma always made blood sausage, holy s**t was it good.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Me too. Grew up with hogs and the only part wasted was the oink.:laugh:

My mom grew up on a farm in Missouri in the 20s and 30s, where they grew most of what they ate. She told me many times you can eat every part of the pig except the oink. She never quite convinced me though. :) Occasionally she would bring home pig brains (apparently the IGA in Nashville carried those back when I was a kid) and she cook would some up -- for herself. Because she was the only one in the family who would eat them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Occasionally she would bring home pig brains (apparently the IGA in Nashville carried those back when I was a kid) and she cook would some up -- for herself. Because she was the only one in the family who would eat them.

Oh, you missed out. Brains-n-eggs, fried up in cast iron, is gooooooooood eatin.:drool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep.

Years and years and years around slaughter house/food processing working on the equipment/refrigeration. I have seen it all. Most folks would drop over if they knew. I used to eat pork fritters as a kid. I loved them. I ill still eat them (certain brands) on occasion even after seeing them made. They are a compost of most everything edible that is left from the good cuts.

And hot dogs. Yes I loves me some hot dogs even after seeing the process multiple times.
    as to the rodent parts...yes parts as in parts. And droppings......there is no way we could filter that out completely. Spend some time around a silo.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You guys know that “brain” sandwiches are are normal food in far Southern Indiana ? Served with onion rings and German fries!

We also have mix meat half pork sausage half hamburger, souse is sold in local stores along with head cheese, a person has to visit the butcher shop to get blood sausage which is normally served sliced with breakfast.

Our diet down here is more inline with what one would see in the south with German dishes mixed in.

https://www.wthr.com/article/evansville-restaurant-voted-manliest-for-brain-sandwich

Top Bottom