• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hey, I am not a LEO fan but I agree with them, he got what he deserved. The only problem I have with the whole thing is I think those folks out there never intended to take him alive no more than Dorner planned on being taken alive. Guess that kinda evens things out.

Good summary. The problem is that the person of Dorner polarizes the discussion on the proper boundaries of law enforcement and application of due process. Depending on what happens in the very short-term future, this could represent a huge risk of a sudden collapse of what liberty we have left.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I take it you haven't figured out how to read a Members Profile yet.
    I'm retired.....
    I only come here to get my daily dose of abuse from disgruntled Citizens. :D

We could step it up a little so you would only have to come every other day! :):

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I could email you if it would make it more convenient:D
    That would be too personal.
    Long distance anonymous abuse is the most satisfying for us retired old guys.
    The "In your face" type of abuse is better for guys like Denny, j706, Phylodog and the younger LEO's.
    They can make a lasting impression on the abuser and give it that one on one touch. :D

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    That would be too personal.
    Long distance anonymous abuse is the most satisfying for us retired old guys.
    The "In your face" type of abuse is better for guys like Denny, j706, Phylodog and the younger LEO's.
    They can make a lasting impression on the abuser and give it that one on one touch. :D

Getting ready to turn 51 next month. So I am probably older than most active street guys. I still work the steets on 10p-6a shift, run the range and instruct handgun and rifle. Love it. I can still hang with the younger ones, at least for the time being.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Getting ready to turn 51 next month. So I am probably older than most active street guys. I still work the steets on 10p-6a shift, run the range and instruct handgun and rifle. Love it. I can still hang with the younger ones, at least for the time being.
    Yeah......
    Notice that after I mentioned Denny, You, and Phylodog, I said "And the Younger LEO's"
    :laugh:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yeah......
    Notice that after I mentioned Denny, You, and Phylodog, I said "And the Younger LEO's"
    :laugh:

Actually no I didn't but I get it now. I guess in reality we are only as old as we feel right? I don't feel old but according to my wife I act old. Funny thing about age I have noticed? At least with my self my stupid meter tolerance level is very low. How about you?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Actually no I didn't but I get it now. I guess in reality we are only as old as we feel right? I don't feel old but according to my wife I act old. Funny thing about age I have noticed? At least with my self my stupid meter tolerance level is very low. How about you?
    Yup....
    The "Stupid Meter" overrides your "Tolerance Valve" and every little stupid thing that's said just sets you free.....

That's why old guys are referred to as "Grumpy old men"

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yup....
    The "Stupid Meter" overrides your "Tolerance Valve" and every little stupid thing that's said just sets you free.....

That's why old guys are referred to as "Grumpy old men"

Well that would be me I guess. Some days worse than others.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    LOL. Honestly I'm only 31, and my tolerance for stupidity is worse than it used to be. I'm sure I'll be a grumpy old man lol. I try to let things slide, but it is harder and harder every day.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    LOL. Honestly I'm only 31, and my tolerance for stupidity is worse than it used to be. I'm sure I'll be a grumpy old man lol. I try to let things slide, but it is harder and harder every day.
    The trick is to be able to differentiate "Truly stupid" people from "Doesn't know any better" people.
    "Truly stupid" people are educated enough to know whats right.
    They simply ignore what they've learned and spout off the first thing that comes to mind.
    Which is usually something stupid.
    The "Doesn't know any better" people have been handicapped by upbringing, social conditions, or spending their lives listening to "Truly stupid" people.
    Like the Main Stream Media.
    THEY are "Truly stupid" people.....

:)

Top Bottom