• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I wouldn't put much stock into what some idiot on Reddit posts. Half of the BS on Reddit is made-up **** for fake internet points. The other half is pathetic losers blaming America for their failures in life.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I've been on the forum for years, previously under a different name, and primarily just a lurker over the past couple of years. I am an avid gun owner, and a staunch second amendment supporter who believes that it should be held to the intent of our founding fathers - that by and large, the people have access to implements of force equal to that held by the state. I believe that those rioting, looting, and destroying public and private property should absolutely be held accountable. But I also know that our justice system is built on one principle - that of due process. That people have the right to a fair trial, and that their guilt must be proven before sentencing, that innocent people are not unduly punished for the crimes of another person.

I have to say that today I am ashamed to be a part of this community.

That we could stand by and watch as our brothers are being subjected to this. That we could watch a man killed in police custody - a man that was already detained, no danger to officers on the scene, a man that all the video evidence we have makes it clear that he was compliant with lawful police orders right up until the moment he was conveniently out of view of any cameras - killed after his airway was restricted for eight minutes - a man who met his death with no due process at the hands of police officers that had a history of complaints of excessive force against him. That we could watch a video where peaceful children and people in wheelchairs are hit by gas fired by our own police force, and make excuses justifying those actions. That our police would consider those children acceptable collateral damage to keep the peace is morally repugnant, and that we would watch that and agree with them is disgusting.

I've seen the many videos from Richmond V as well, from many different angles, of police rolling up on non-violent protesters and gassing them. The Richmond police claimed that they had officers cut off by violent protesters and had to gas the crowd to get them to safety, but all the video evidence contradicts that. Even if that were true, you don't harm innocent children to protect yourself from bodily harm. If you find yourself in trouble, no matter how dire, you don't harm innocent people to save yourself. That's cowardice, plain and simple.

I've seen the videos from Charleston, where a man who was telling the police that he wants to understand them, he wants to get to know them, he doesn't want to fight them, is dragged from the crowd and taken away. He was kneeling on the ground with his hands in the air, not posing a threat to anyone. Just talking. Just trying to be diplomatic. And he was arrested. These are not the actions of a just police force.

I hope there are still some actual patriots somewhere in this country. Men and women who know that when you tread on my brother, you tread on me. Not just cowards who masquerade under the name, seeking to protect their own rights and property, but aren't willing to do a damned thing for their neighbor in need.

And to the police officers on this forum - if there are ten bad cops and a thousand good cops, but the thousand aren't willing to stand up against the ten and stop them - there are one thousand and ten bad cops. It's that simple. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

I'm absolutely NOT calling for violence of any kind, but I will say this: If you went out to protest Coronavirus restrictions, but you're sitting at home making excuses for the police firing teargas into crowds of children - you need to stop calling yourself a supporter of the Second Amendment, because you have no understanding of the purpose it serves.

Whooooaaa, dude....easy now. Save some virtue for the rest of us to signal!

Awe, it’s so adorable how you think this all about bad cops.

“I’m helping!”

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Some guy was on the Nextdoor site earlier bragging about how he was going to attend the "peaceful" demonstration in Carmel with his young daughters. I asked him what he was going to do if it STOPPED being peaceful.

His response was that it couldn't become violent because it was taking place in Carmel.

Makes you wonder how some people survive childhood.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some guy was on the Nextdoor site earlier bragging about how he was going to attend the "peaceful" demonstration in Carmel with his young daughters. I asked him what he was going to do if it STOPPED being peaceful.

His response was that it couldn't become violent because it was taking place in Carmel.

Oh yes, Carmel did a curfew for the fun of it. Idiot...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I wouldn't put much stock into what some idiot on Reddit posts. Half of the BS on Reddit is made-up **** for fake internet points. The other half is pathetic losers blaming America for their failures in life.

There are a few interesting subreddits, but the popular areas are extremely liberal. Like, AntiFa-level liberal. Any thought which even approaches the center is attacked.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I used to go to the DGU sub redit and nd repost links in our DGU thread, but they will not allow me access anymore unless I join.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

So I've noticed the trend.

Reddit has become a cesspool of cop-bashing and most all threads lack any sort of critical thinking. My guess is the typical redditor skews younger and higher THC blood content.

Even the Ft. Wayne reddit has a really anti-capitalist anarchy bent to it.

I stick with the more non-political subs like IdiotsInCars

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I seem to remember a quite time in American until the Ferguson MO happening. Now we have Mayors and Governor saying, "Let them vent on the streets"

Before then, folks were protesting the war.
    Then before that it was global warming... and going back... the Clintons... nuclear power & weapons... yuppies... Carter... The ERA... The Vietnam War... ... Civil Rights ... ... Women's Suffrage... Alcohol....

What is disturbing is the level of destruction associated with these protests.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

They survive because they are protected from any possible danger at every turn. Consequently they cannot even imagine the possibility of danger threatening them.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Americans wanted deviltry so now (surprise!) it has become normalized.

A post-Christian neo-barb culture coming to fruition.

Isn't that just peachy.

Sorry to see it happening in my adopted land.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Americans wanted deviltry so now (surprise!) it has become normalized.

A post-Christian neo-barb culture coming to fruition.

Isn't that just peachy.

Sorry to see it happening in my adopted land.

Along those lines, the anarchy symbol was in view for one of the local news stand-up spots. People now probably don't realize the provenance of that and how it indicates something that is not BLM.

Well, I say that based on my understanding. Maybe it has been co-opted.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Back in the days of yore when I was getting my lawdog training we were taught about mob mentality, to wit, that members of mobs are emboldened by the anonymity that a mob provides. Solution? Start making arrests. When a member of a mob realizes that he might LOSE anonymity he suddenly finds that he has urgent business elsewhere.

Now that's history. Gutless governors, mayors and police chiefs order their men to stand down and watch while savages loot and burn so that there won't be "excessive force" used.

This isn't the country that I was born into and this isn't the law enforcement profession that my father and I served. I'm glad the old man isn't here to see this.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Back in the days of yore when I was getting my lawdog training we were taught about mob mentality, to wit, that members of mobs are emboldened by the anonymity that a mob provides. Solution? Start making arrests. When a member of a mob realizes that he might LOSE anonymity he suddenly finds that he has urgent business elsewhere.

Now that's history. Gutless governors, mayors and police chiefs order their men to stand down and watch while savages loot and burn so that there won't be "excessive force" used.

I think this is an insightful point about anonymity. The younger generations don't value it. It is all about likes/follows/retweets. Many are avoiding anonymity.

Plus, the stigma attached to being arrested is heavily diluted at this point in history.

Top Bottom