• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll post pictures as the build progresses.

Just got my stamp yesterday. The parts i'll be using are as follows.

TWS hinged top cover

images

Ultimak SHORT rail with M1-b cut down to size (made a mistake and put long)

images

Us palm battle grip

images

ace folder

images

Bulgarian krink break with thread adapter

images

Aimpoint T1
    Circle 10/uspalm mags
    Magpul sling

STAY TUNED!

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I'll post pictures as the build progresses.

Just got my stamp yesterday. The parts i'll be using are as follows.

TWS hinged top cover

images

Ultimak long rail with M1-b cut down to size

images

Us palm battle grip

images

ace folder

images

Bulgarian krink break with thread adapter

images

Aimpoint T1
    Circle 10/uspalm mags
    Magpul sling

STAY TUNED!

Someone must have done a heck of a job filling out your form 1!!!

What rig are you using to hang that sucker from the banana hammock?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Mamms i already cut my m1-b and hogged it out with a unibit, otherwise i'd take you up on your offer. I've had the m1-b on the draco for a while. Had the TWS rail come out earlier i'd probably have purchased that for my aimpoint instead. I'm a little worried about gas tube heat screwing it up.

ATTENTION EVERYONE COREY FROM SSNFA SHOWED ME HOW TO DO MY PAPERWORK FOR MY SBR WHILE DOING THE PAPERWORK FOR MY SUPPRESSOR. HE'S A HELLUVA GUY AND I OWE HIM MUCHO.

My

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I wouldn't worry about the Aimpoint/Ultimak combo; I have a P.A. Gen 1 on mine with no issues during wasteful bump firing:), repeated mag dumps:D and general heat abuse. Your SBR shall rock w/o issue!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Agreed. Some do, but mine doesn't. If you give the folks at classic arms some extra $ they'll hand pick one for you. I'm not sure if i'll like the top cover. I had the TWS original rail and liked it, but it added too much weight and bulk for my tastes. This top cover weighs the exact same as the original and extends the sight radius. WIN WIN.

a couple of other items i forgot to add

krebs saftey
    trintium front sight post
    hk rear sight.
    krebs canted vertical grip adapter with magpul vfg

Hopefully drilling and tapping later today.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Ultimak long rail with M1-b cut down to size

images

Believe it or not that bottom Ultimak rail pictured is the "compact" (ACR2-SC) version. The "standard" (ACR2-SS) model covers the gas block and requires some work to make it fit, and the "long" version would stick out well beyond the muzzle.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Believe it or not that bottom Ultimak rail pictured is the "compact" (ACR2-SC) version. The "standard" (ACR2-SS) model covers the gas block and requires some work to make it fit, and the "long" version would stick out well beyond the muzzle.
    Correct, it is actually the Compact model. Count the rail slots (easier on a bigger picture), there are 21 slots.
    AK Rail Forend, Stamped Compact
    The compact rail has 21 slots.
    Although the rails are expensive as ****, they are the best looking IMHO and I want them on my first (and honestly probably my only) SBR.

OP, the biggest thing that differs from my idea for my build and your build is I want a fixed collapsible stock and I am thinking about sending the bolt and top cover (TWS one maybe) off to get a lightning bolt (left side charging handle) mod done. Oh, and I am looking at a different muzzle break.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Good catch. I meant to say i ordered the compact model (also fits AMD 65). I just got done with work. Here's the update. Keep in mind thing's will be changing such as the blackjack rail and command arms grip (for sale if anyone is intersted).

RAIL:
    To make the Ultimak work for your draco you first need to buy the m1-b rail, chop it to the size of the draco's gas tube, then clean out the inside with a unibit or large drill bit until it fits over the front gas block. The lower rail is made by blackjack and has to be cleaned out where the ultimak u straps go.

STOCK:
    First i lined the ace hinge up with the rear trunion. I then took a skinny (tight fit) marker and traced the elongated holes of the ace hinge. I removed the hinge and center punched each marker spot. I then used a 10-32 tap set from kobalt (lowes) and drilled the hole with a press and tapped it for 10-32 allen head screws. Here is the result.

Ace hinge and stock installed (paracord wrapped), Krebs enhanced saftey, Caa grip, ultimak m1-b (cut to size), blackjack AK rail, and US Palm magazine full o' Hornady Tap 7.62.

Again this is a work in progress and will be changing over the next couple of days. If anyone has a line on a rear HK sight for sale or trade let me know.

picture.php

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    where you at in bloomington JT? I used to live above Little Tibet on 4th street...those were the days.

If you're looking for fixed collapsible You can buy an ace pignose and just use a buffer tube.

PN-big.png

I wouldn't go all out and replace the rear trunion with one with a tang if you're thinking of going that route. Way to much work. I too prefer a gun with an adjustable stock in most cases. A side folder on a draco practically cuts the size in half so i couldn't pass it up. My original idea was to take the ace folding mechanism with the buffer tube (as in the B/W picture) above and have a folding/adjustable stock with a magpul ASAP plate.

images

I like the lines and weight of the ace skeleton so i went with that. I can always change later...or buy another draco :)

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    where you at in bloomington JT? I used to live above Little Tibet on 4th street...those were the days.

If you're looking for fixed collapsible You can buy an ace pignose and just use a buffer tube.

PN-big.png
    I am on the east side, close to the mall.

That is my plan. I am going to install the pig nose and then install a QD socket either below it (if there is room), or actually on the pig nose (drill through the pig nose and buffer tube and tap) I don't have any real tools down here so I might have to look you up for some help drilling and tapping when the time comes. Yours looks pretty nice right now. I will probably have to do mine in parts as I get the money, I'll start with the stock and then get the other upgrades as money (and my wife) permits.

I'm trying to decide if I should get the long muzzle break and make it a rifle before I send off the paperwork so I can put the stock on whenever I want. (Only then I am pretty sure I would have to get other parts to be 922 compliant)

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Ok quick question:
    Did you chop off the whole front of the rail on the Ultimak, or did you just chop off the tube part and leave the two little rail slots on top?
    I think a solid chop off would be easier, but leaving the rail slots on top looks better IMHO.

Top Bottom