• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    At the house I grew up in, my parents had it pumped once in 25 years with a family of 5 living there. I was there when they came to pump it, when they opened the lid it was 2-3 feet from the top. Maybe septic systems of the 60's were bigger?

At my current home built in 1956 I was forced to connect to the city sewage system several years ago (I had to pay about $1100 for the privilege). Took them two weeks and three trips to my basement just to get the correct breakers that would fit my old box. they collapsed and filled my tank in and installed a grinder pump. I hope it doesn't fail while I'm the owner, I've heard horror stories about the expense to have it repaired/replaced if it dies. I'll admit it was impressive how they came and did directional boring 200' from the street and around a corner of the house 20' to my hookup, it came within inches of the target.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    At the house I grew up in, my parents had it pumped once in 25 years with a family of 5 living there. I was there when they came to pump it, when they opened the lid it was 2-3 feet from the top. Maybe septic systems of the 60's were bigger?
    Probably bigger...and less efficient. Meaning that what was leaving the septic was probably going to be too high on the dangerous bacteria level.

You may also have had really really good soil drainage.

Or combination of the above + other factors.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Probably bigger...and less efficient. Meaning that what was leaving the septic was probably going to be too high on the dangerous bacteria level.

You may also have had really really good soil drainage.

Or combination of the above + other factors.
    I do remember a 50‘ x 50‘ area of our backyard that was soggy most of the time. And you could smell it so you are right that it was probably emitting some effluent. Mom planted the garden near that area so it was pretty well fertilized.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    With what I have seen in my life, when a septic tank is Full one can see, feel or smell waste water pooling around the tank,or fields. Because normally the home plumbing is above the tank and fields and the liquid will drain down.
    And full is relative, the tank has to be almost full for waste water to be able to exit the tank to distribution and then into the drains heading to the fields.
    Yup alot of the time starts to leech up to the surface when the feild fails to absorb it. On a mound system that is usually the forst sign. A full tank is when you can't see the inlet ir outlet pipes if they are below the scum level something is seriously wrong, a septic tank should never be higher then the baffle pipes.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    It seems snakes are "everybodys" go to but if you have a power washer, they make hoses that have a rotating head that I have had to use twice on drains. That was the way to go in my opinion. When it breaks through, it completely cleans out the pipe.

I'm on city sewer and was getting a clog about every 6 months. Bought one of these and it works great

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive seen several folks online say this is good stuff. Heck, this youtuber claims he even gives a free bottle to his customers that should have been using an enzyme to prevent his visit in the first place.

Seems counterproductive, but this guy seems like a solid dude and upstanding businessman based on his videos.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Ive seen several folks online say this is good stuff. Heck, this youtuber claims he even gives a free bottle to his customers that should have been using an enzyme to prevent his visit in the first place.

Seems counterproductive, but this guy seems like a solid dude and upstanding businessman based on his videos.

Similar treatments are big in the boat world. We used one on our boat and it really helped keep our holding tank liquid and reduced odors...

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    For those who said septic needs pumped, you get the win.

For the others (me), I need a vacation.
    If the tank was that full of solids to back up into the house, you may want to open the distribution box to feild just to inspect it bc theres a chance solids made it into the feild and will need back jetted out or treated to break down.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    And thanks to Acme sewer drains and septics, we have a pumped tank now. They were QUICK. Called at 845ish this morning. They asked if I wanted it as an emergency call or wait until 2 to 4pm this afternoon. I told them we could wait.

935am they called to say they were on their way.

I am at work but was told if we have any other issues to call them for a free inspection.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And thanks to Acme sewer drains and septics, we have a pumped tank now. They were QUICK. Called at 845ish this morning. They asked if I wanted it as an emergency call or wait until 2 to 4pm this afternoon. I told them we could wait.

935am they called to say they were on their way.

I am at work but was told if we have any other issues to call them for a free inspection.
    Thank God it was this easy for you!

Top Bottom