• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Looks like our main drain has a clog. Toilet is very slow to drain and water backs into tub/shower.

Pulled toilet in other bathroom (other aide of wall - toilets are back to back)

Took snake to the drain of pulled toilet and was unable to accomplish anything.

Made it to the roof before the storms and pulled a small amount of hair.

Any suggestions?

I should note we are on a septic with no main drain clean out and it appears to have been acting up before the storms as the "smart" washing machine through a drain code.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Storm drains might be overwhelming the sanitary drain.

Ask your neighbors if they are experiencing anything similar.

If so, get a pump. I’ve been there. It does get worse on the east side.

Skip Schippers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2024
    Fort Wayne
    When was the last time your tank was pumped and age of the septic system I had an older one in Michigan when I lived there and the ground had became saturated around drain field . This is gonna sound crazy but had a pyro guy throw two quarter sticks of dynamite into the drywall and created cracked in the ground for it to drain off it made it work for almost 8 months until I have new septic and drain field installed

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Was acting up before all the rain.
    Septic was pumped when we moved in 5 years ago. Just 2 of us, plus one that doesnt use it yet.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Nope, I can't get that lucky!
    If it was me, I would put one in half way to the tank from where the toilets drop to the crawl.
    Hopefully that will tell you what half has the problem.
    where the two toilets drop and get tied to the sanitry there is no threaded plug or cap, that you can cut off to install a 2" threaded plug?

If you cut, be weary "lol" of the sanitary being full of brown trouts and water.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    If it was me, I would put one in half way to the tank from where the toilets drop to the crawl.
    Hopefully that will tell you what half has the problem.
    where the two toilets drop and get tied to the sanitry there is no threaded plug or cap, that you can cut off to install a 2" threaded plug?

If you cut, be weary "lol" of the sanitary being full of brown trouts and water.
    Now that I think aboout it, there may be a clean out down there.... i honestly forget

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It seems snakes are "everybodys" go to but if you have a power washer, they make hoses that have a rotating head that I have had to use twice on drains. That was the way to go in my opinion. When it breaks through, it completely cleans out the pipe.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It seems snakes are "everybodys" go to but if you have a power washer, they make hoses that have a rotating head that I have had to use twice on drains. That was the way to go in my opinion. When it breaks through, it completely cleans out the pipe.
    Problem with the pressure washer deal if already plugged is that extra water has to go somewhere.

Top Bottom