• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I came home from work today, ready for a long weekend. I opened the back door to enjoy some of the unseasonably warm air outside. As I did, something catches my eye in the back yard. Someone is in my back yard, and coming towards the house!

DSC06062.jpg

Holy Crap, it is a Zombie!!!

DSC06063.jpg

Fortunately, I had trained for such events, and done extensive reading on the internet on how to deal with the undead. I grab my Smith and Wesson M&P15, and prepare to engage the zombie.

As I raise the weapon, the Zombie sees me, and starts walking towards me. I carfully take aim, and BOOM - Headshot!

DSC06056.jpg

If you look closely you can see the Zombies left eye has been blown out.

I continue to empty my entire 30-round "[sarcasm] CLIP [/sarcasm]" of special 5.56 Zombie killer rounds. Much to my surprise, the Zombie is unphased and continues towards me.

I throw my weapon down, and grab my backup gun, my daily carry Taurus PT111.

DSC06059.jpg

I quickly empty the round I had chambered + the 12 round "[sarcasm] CLIP [/sarcasm]" and surprisingly the zombie continued to make progress.

I realize at this point, that despite thousands of posts on internet forums that zombies can be killed with head shots, in reality it doesn't work. Thinking quickly, I decide to offer the zombie a beer. Fortunately, that worked an the zombie took a seat just shy of the back door and cracked it open.

DSC06060.jpg

After a couple High-Lifes, the zombie thanked me, and went on his way to seek out his next victim. So, crisis averted, and the homefront was saved this time. But beware, not everything you read on the internet about Zombie killing can be trusted!

*DISCLAIMER* All firearm safety rules were followed in the photographing of these pictures. The red-dot was taken off my rifle and held with my left hand while taking the picture. The picture with the hand-gun slide is just that: only the slide.

Special thanks to my buddy Dan for playing along, and great work on the make-up!!!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    A little extra time on your hands huh??? Great post repped for the effort and gun safety. Thought at first you were being a little careless.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Hahahahaha to freakin funny !! Reminds me of this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRg0kmWzL88]YouTube - There's a Girl in the Garden[/ame]

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks guys! We had a blast shooting that. I told him what I wanted to do, and he was definitely ready to play along. It took us a while to get a nice focused shot with the red dot. What you can see is that I'm stretching it away with my left arm as far as I can, while still holding the camera with my right hand. Eventually (after several tries) I was able to get the camera to focus on him, and not part of the optic itself.

No such luck with the pistol. I've got some great shots with teh front sight, rear sight, and everything in between in focus, but none that actually lined up the sights with him. But, I figure that was close enough for what we were doing!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It's nice to know that zombies can be placated with beer. Another excuse to stock the frig for just such emergencies! ;)

Top Bottom