• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    This is classic. When the results came out for Crane, I was picked. Then I get this email from DFW.

The DNR Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW) regrets to inform you that we made an error during the drawing process that allowed too many individuals to be selected for the NSA Crane deer hunts.
    Due to this error, the Division of Fish and Wildlife conducted a redraw of the previously selected applicants and has posted the results on our website (http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5583.htm). We're sorry to inform you that you were not selected in the redraw.

It was impossible to safely accommodate the number of people that were overdrawn and still provide a quality deer hunt at NSA Crane. If you apply for a deer hunt at NSA Crane in 2012, you will receive a preference in that drawing. The preference won't guarantee that you'll be successful in the 2012 drawing as the number of hunting days and number of hunters hasn't been determined. Hopefully, we will be able to provide you with a hunt opportunity next year.
    If you've already filled out paperwork and submitted payment to NSA Crane, it will be returned to you. The DFW is greatly sorry for the inconvenience and confusion. If you have any questions, please call the Deer Hotline at (812) 334-3795.

I'm positive if I did my job like these public employees do, I'd be out of it. Prime difference between the private and public sector. Total Incompetency!!!:xmad:

Last edited:

Money17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got drawn for Oubache State Park and the PDF said they won't be assigning zones. Does anybody know how that works is it just hope other hunters see your orange before they shoot your direction?

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I got drawn for Brown County SP. It was fun last year. Kinda of reminds me of hunting back in PA, all the hills and a lot of shooting.

Can not wait for the draw results to come out for Deer Creek

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    2 for 2

Big Oaks gun hunt and Ouabache State Park in Bluffton. Scored a 7 pt and buddy an 8 pt at the last park hunt.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    This is classic. When the results came out for Crane, I was picked. Then I get this email from DFW.

The DNR Division of Fish and Wildlife (DFW) regrets to inform you that we made an error during the drawing process that allowed too many individuals to be selected for the NSA Crane deer hunts.
    Due to this error, the Division of Fish and Wildlife conducted a redraw of the previously selected applicants and has posted the results on our website (http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5583.htm). We're sorry to inform you that you were not selected in the redraw.

It was impossible to safely accommodate the number of people that were overdrawn and still provide a quality deer hunt at NSA Crane. If you apply for a deer hunt at NSA Crane in 2012, you will receive a preference in that drawing. The preference won't guarantee that you'll be successful in the 2012 drawing as the number of hunting days and number of hunters hasn't been determined. Hopefully, we will be able to provide you with a hunt opportunity next year.
    If you've already filled out paperwork and submitted payment to NSA Crane, it will be returned to you. The DFW is greatly sorry for the inconvenience and confusion. If you have any questions, please call the Deer Hotline at (812) 334-3795.

I'm positive if I did my job like these public employees do, I'd be out of it. Prime difference between the private and public sector. Total Incompetency!!!:xmad:

Same here. I'm not happy about it, but it wasn't a priority for me. The State Park hunts and Deer Creek are more important to me.

I just checked, I did get drawn out for Brown County Nov. 14-15. Missed Shackamak for the late season hunt. Waiting to find out about Deer Creek.

Last edited:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Wanna bet they lose that "preference point' before next year? :rolleyes:

I have no doubt about that either!! When they cancelled hunts a couple or so years ago, they mentioned that kind of hooey then.

I remember asking some CO's at the Boat Sport and Travel Show, about what happened to all that money they took from Sportsmen, and no one could tell me a thing.

They must have had one heck of a Christmas Party that year.:xmad:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana

I got the same thing. :noway:

spanky_27

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    draw hunt

I got drawed for atterbury and brown co state park:rockwoot:i no its gonna be crowded but im hope-in to at least get one lol.. mmmmmmmmm deer

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    2011 Deer Creek Deer Hunt
    • Applications will be accepted online from August 22 - September 9, 2011
    • Applicants must possess a license to hunt deer in order to apply.
    • Applicants may register for up to 3 dates. Successful applicants will be chosen for one date range. The hunts dates available are Oct. 1-3, Oct. 7-10, Oct. 14-17, Oct. 21-24, Oct. 28-31, Nov. 4-7, Nov. 11-14, Nov. 18-21, Nov. 25-27, Dec. 3-5, Dec. 9-12, Dec. 16-19, Dec. 23-27, Dec. 30-Jan. 2, 2012.
    • Successfully drawn applicants are allowed to bring one hunting partner.
    • Results will be posted online up to one week after the deadline to apply.

found here:

DNR: Reserved Hunt Information

Top Bottom