• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Allen Edmonds is where I was going to go if it fit your price range. I have to stretch them, as even their widest isn't wide enough in the toe box, but they are good shoes.

You can find discounted AE shoes at their factory outlet here: https://shoebank.com

Note some of these are factory seconds. AE's quality control has slipped (like nearly everyone's) but they'll take returns or fix them if it's something you notice.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Same here, but the price is a bit steep.

I was hoping for something in the $100 range. Now that those shoes can "last forever" (with $125 each time you refinish them), that may be worth thinking about...

Not sure if these are the colors you are looking for but they have the Fifth Avenue in a brown on a really good sale only downside is they are "slick" though the leather bottoms get some pretty decent traction once broken in (IE I can run on carpet and not kill myself), that or you can send them in immediately pay the $125 and still be in the shoe cheaper than full retail.

Fifth Avenue - Cap-toe Lace-up Oxford Mens Dress Shoes by Allen Edmonds

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    In the modestly-priced category, I have enjoyed Bostonian shoes with the Flexlite sole. Extremely light and comfortable with the same general appearance as a heavier, traditional dress shoe.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Like BBI I have a hard time finding wide dress shoes, over the years I've just given up.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Another vote for AE's. I probably have too many. The great thing about Allen Edmonds is the 'last' they use will be the same across the styles/models. So, if you wear a 10 EEE in one style it will be the same in another style.

If you know a good cobbler, they can resole them with an actual Vibram AE tread sole.

Watch for sales, clearances and the shoebank. Don't pay full retail. They will last you a long time as you can always send them in to be re-soled by AE.

:ingo:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guess I'm fortunate that my "dress cloths" are the black jeans? :dunno:

Closest thing I have to dress are casual shoes. I really want something I could run in if there was a need.

M78140_MAIN.PNG

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'm ashamed to say that I have given up on leather soled Fancy dress shoes. I get Clarks and comfy Eva sole shoes like the ones above. I'm almost 50 now and comfy is more important than looks these day. Sad I know.

Last edited:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I will put in another vote for Allen Edmonds. They are incredibly well made and look nice. I’m standing at least 6 hours per day and find them quite comfortable. I give them a quick buff before leaving everyday and they stay in like new condition. They hold up well getting resoled too. I had my cobbler work over a few pairs this summer and they are awesome.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have really nice ones for court, but for everyday I wear Dockers City Lite. They are cut wide for my fat broad feet and very comfy to wear all day.

They are about $100 a pair.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Closest thing I have to dress are casual shoes. I really want something I could run in if there was a need.

I've ran, fought, went through the debris of the southside explosion looking for injured people, and followed canines through rough terrain in dress shoes and a suit. The only thing that ever bothered me was walking over rip-rap repeatedly. They are dress shoes, not stilettos. :dunno:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Harleyrider stopped by the shop and and wanted to provide his insight on the subject of dress shoes.....

[FONT=&quot]"cruise'n thru the ol' place......tell'em......HR say they choices is gay's hell.....LOL.....send'em here......[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](AIN't fer the faint o' wallet, but......)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.lucchese.com/shop/mens/boots/view-all/
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]got 3 pair......go anywheres, any kind'a 'UP-tie' function.....whutever....best I ever had on.....[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'a stop in agin, sumtime.......
    GYA1uR9scNYg9S9rglqZJKfCAgXtH37F-_VhDp0MWFt-jWj9ArIE0fBO_GRjl0iqvdQhOF1NVZGNQaOsVowaw_pNbnu88hOqk4cYBnIh0S5ozJnviE0Vnw=s0-d-e1-ft
    "[/FONT]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you're an every day dress-shoe wearer...or wear them even every-other day: Spending the $ on a quality pair (or two) will be cheaper in the long run, even with repair costs, than buying cheaper/non-repairable shoes. If you buy a $100 pair every year and wear them out - then it's time to step up into a higher priced/longer lasting shoe. It won't be long before the $100/year pair will cost you more $ than a $250-300 pair.

Buy a quality gun belt or two - they'll last years.

Buy a quality holster or two or three - they'll last years.

Buy quality footwear - they'll last years.

Take care of your feets, people. You've only got two - and you'll need them for a long long time to come.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Allen Edmonds is where I was going to go if it fit your price range. I have to stretch them, as even their widest isn't wide enough in the toe box, but they are good shoes.

You can find discounted AE shoes at their factory outlet here: https://shoebank.com

Note some of these are factory seconds. AE's quality control has slipped (like nearly everyone's) but they'll take returns or fix them if it's something you notice.

What is the normal wear on them? How long until they usually need redone?

Top Bottom