• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I posted this in a similar thread in the past, but will repeat it here.

I came up with my own smoking cessation plan that worked well for me, although it might be considered harmful and I would not recommend it to anyone that doesn't hate themselves. I call it the old man plan.

Step 1: Decide you want to quit smoking

Step 2: Only buy packs of Chesterfield King Unfiltered cigarettes from that point on. Cold turkey didn't work for me, so I allowed myself to still smoke, but only something super harsh.

Step 3: When the cravings get bad and you don't really want to fire up a five inch long unfiltered Chesterfield, take a shot of Old Granddad whiskey.

Step 4: You eventually reach the point of getting so sick, your body rejects the idea of ever wanting another cigarette.

Viola. No more smoking.

I wish I could say this is hyperbole or a joke, but this is really how I quit. Granted, I was 22 and in college at the time and didn't have life responsibilities or commitments that prevented me from being **** faced at 10 in the morning.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I started smoking when I was 15 and continued up until I was about 20 when I switched to dip/chew/snuff to quit beating up my lungs. I ignored my peers in the Army at the time who told me not to go that route, that a dip had much more nicotine and would be much harder to quit. Pretty close to my 30yr anniversary with the can now. Worked a lot of 3rd shifts over the years, got called out of bed many times in the middle of the night which turned into 20 hour days and it was always a welcome eye opener for me. I've quit a few times but nothing longer than a year, usually within the first 36 hours I have people asking me if they can go get me a can lol.

I've accepted it at this point. Sure I could quit again but it'll be temporary, it's been my companion for too many years and so many things feel lacking without it now. Sucks, it's stupid, I get it but it is what it is. I will say I have slowed down quite a bit. I burned a can a day for many, many years and these days I'll get 2 or 3 days typically.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I posted this in a similar thread in the past, but will repeat it here.

I came up with my own smoking cessation plan that worked well for me, although it might be considered harmful and I would not recommend it to anyone that doesn't hate themselves. I call it the old man plan.

Step 1: Decide you want to quit smoking

Step 2: Only buy packs of Chesterfield King Unfiltered cigarettes from that point on. Cold turkey didn't work for me, so I allowed myself to still smoke, but only something super harsh.

Step 3: When the cravings get bad and you don't really want to fire up a five inch long unfiltered Chesterfield, take a shot of Old Granddad whiskey.

Step 4: You eventually reach the point of getting so sick, your body rejects the idea of ever wanting another cigarette.

Viola. No more smoking.

I wish I could say this is hyperbole or a joke, but this is really how I quit. Granted, I was 22 and in college at the time and didn't have life responsibilities or commitments that prevented me from being **** faced at 10 in the morning.
    Are you related to me? Almost asking seriously. Chesterfields and Old Granddad. My granddad smoked Chesterfields for I have no idea how long, but not the kings just the regular and always had a bottle of Old Granddad sitting on the shelf. Never really seen him drink it, but it was generally the only alcohol in his house. After he died and we were going through his things, I couldn't tell you how many of the Chesterfield coupons we found. Literally in the thousands. All bundled together in 2in or so stacks with a rubber band probably 10s of thousands.

For those that might not know, Chesterfield had a coupon in each pack same at the old Marlboro miles or Camel bucks. But you could trade them in for a lot more, you could almost furnish your entire house with them, furniture, appliances, etc.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I smoked AND dipped for probably 30 years, about 5 years ago I switched to vape only. It was the only thing that could replace the cigs or copenhagen. I’m sure it’s harmful too.

I pretty much dropped the beer drinking late last year, and now only drink bourbon. About 2 shots mixed with coke and I’m fine, and I feel fine the next morning, and I don’t spend nearly as much money as I did when I was slamming 8-10 beers a night.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I smoked AND dipped for probably 30 years, about 5 years ago I switched to vape only. It was the only thing that could replace the cigs or copenhagen. I’m sure it’s harmful too.

I pretty much dropped the beer drinking late last year, and now only drink bourbon. About 2 shots mixed with coke and I’m fine, and I feel fine the next morning, and I don’t spend nearly as much money as I did when I was slamming 8-10 beers a night.
    Never dipped at all, but I'm a 2 (at least) pack a day smoker. Beer drinker with shots of Jager except for when fresh apple cider is in season, then I switch to Jim Beam and cider. Always feel fine the next morning except for the smoker's hack when I first get up.

Edit: I won't ever vape. Don't trust it and now it seems like the dangers are coming to light. Whether it's any worse or better than smoking I don't know, but it's kind of "the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know" for me.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Never dipped at all, but I'm a 2 (at least) pack a day smoker. Beer drinker with shots of Jager except for when fresh apple cider is in season, then I switch to Jim Beam and cider. Always feel fine the next morning except for the smoker's hack when I first get up.

Edit: I won't ever vape. Don't trust it and now it seems like the dangers are coming to light. Whether it's any worse or better than smoking I don't know, but it's kind of "the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know" for me.
    Yeah, I used to worry about vaping, but I noticed after several months of it that I wasn’t rattling and coughing up stuff, so, who knows?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Well I smoke 3-5 times a week. Often for 12 hours at a time. I have suffered no Iill effects from it what so ever. How ever I do work out 2 times a day so there is that.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I still drink, but after quitting smoking cold turkey 10 years ago I don't have a craving when I do. A group of my buddies like to smoke cigars when they drink together, but as pointed out earlier, it's not the same. I don't feel one way or another about cigars.

I really don't miss the cigarettes. Thankfully.

Top Bottom