• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Would a drop-leg be more comfortable or worth it while hunting or would it get caught up on brush too easily?
    (Obviously depends on where you are hunting but...for those who have tried.)

i use one while hunting and whenever I am working in my woods, it can get caught on brush, but no more than the other gear getting caught up..

it just allows one to carry more stuff on the body and still be able to get to the sidearm

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Drawing from a drop-leg holster is also demonstrably slower than from a holster worn on the waist.

Why slow yourself down unnecessarily so?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Drawing from a drop-leg holster is also demonstrably slower than from a holster worn on the waist.

Why slow yourself down unnecessarily so?

:n00b:

Drawing from a drop leg is actually faster if you wear it for the reason it exists... to clear plate carriers/gear. Also, I see a lot of people wearing them ridiculously low, which isn't what you want either. You really want to mount it as high as you can and still clear your carrier. Mine is actually only about 2 inches lower than my standard holster and the draw is fast.

I wouldn't recommend them for most people, they're a pain in the ass to run in for any length of time and they do stick out a bit further and tend to get knocked around/snagged on **** more.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's what we call a Buscadero rig, I don't think they are as low as the drop leg holsters.

Yep.
    I had to go look at mine hanging in the other room. I think mine is even lower than yours.

I have seen some of the new military drop legs type that are really low. Like probably too low. Almost to the knee on some. Not sure that correct though.

*My rig is very old, heavy and more Plain Jane. Boy, yours has all kinds of purrdys all over it. :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yep.
    I had to go look at mine hanging in the other room. I think mine is even lower than yours.

I have seen some of the new military drop legs type that are really low. Like probably too low. Almost to the knee on some. Not sure that correct though.

*My rig is very old, heavy and more Plain Jane. Boy, yours has all kinds of purrdys all over it. :):

That's a Heiser rig from the 20s, the Colt is from 02, the Winchester from 97.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    That's what we call a Buscadero rig, I don't think they are as low as the drop leg holsters.

qOhyA8M.jpg

Buddy of mine sent me this the other day. Ruger 357 and 44 long barrel

Glock1230

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2020
    Hamilton County
    I only carry a drop leg holster if im wearing plates. And even then, I have the drop leg holster as high as possible. I prefer to carry on my hip, as its easier to get to when running vs a drop leg holster.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have a safariland UBL mid rise with the QLS system on my range belt. It is nice because as other have said it gets the handgun a little lower and away from my plate carrier. The qls system is awesome, as long as you have one "female" on your belt, you can put all the QLS "males" on holsters and switch them out very easily. I will try to post a few pictures.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Here is the QLS kit it has a "female" and a "male" piece. Once you have one female all you would need are the male attachments
    https://www.safariland.com/products...ttachment-systems/qls---quick-locking-system/

Here is something similar to my UBL except this has a cant feature. You put the leg strap behind the female QLS plate btw
    https://www.safariland.com/products/cubl-cantable-universal-belt-loop-model_CUBL.html#start=3

This is a holster from Trex arms that is a compatible with suppressors, but they make a bunch of different versions. He is using everything that i posted above in addition to his holster. IMO This and the gcode version are probably the two best leg mounting systems available now.

Here is a link to a normal ragnarok hoster from TRex
    https://www.trex-arms.com/store/ragnarok/

Top Bottom