• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marksman1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2019
    Columbus
    Personal experience: if you have to travel, avoid a drop leg rig. Foot patrolling with one sucks. Using one in a class, or if you're a SWAT cop who waits and waits and then does stuff, cool.

I imagine hiking or stalking with one would be as miserable as patrolling with one was. It does absolutely screw around with your pants and belt, and tugs on the alignment of your hips. Not fun.

Mine is now a class/range toy as it was rather expensive.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have one that was custom made by Raven before they went commercial. It houses my Ruger 22/45 with suppressor attached but still covered. Nothing to get hung up or scratched to *****. I attached it to a drop leg panel strong side. I have another for Glock and suppressor that looks close to that T Rex system. It can get scratched and scraped by bushes, brambles and car seat belts. Hate that mug for seated. When wearing my plates and soft trauma backers, I opt for chest carry with a combat knife above that. Just my preference as I no longer am anything close to being an operator anymore...not like I was much before I "retired".*

*forced out because of medical.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    I have one that was custom made by Raven before they went commercial. It houses my Ruger 22/45 with suppressor attached but still covered. Nothing to get hung up or scratched to *****. I attached it to a drop leg panel strong side. I have another for Glock and suppressor that looks close to that T Rex system. It can get scratched and scraped by bushes, brambles and car seat belts. Hate that mug for seated. When wearing my plates and soft trauma backers, I opt for chest carry with a combat knife above that. Just my preference as I no longer am anything close to being an operator anymore...not like I was much before I "retired".*

*forced out because of medical.

KokomoDave thanks for the input. I’ve seen your comments before and always knowledgeable. Not too far from me either.

Top Bottom