• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I was working the pipes to my expansion tank for my well. In the well pit is the old well with a cover. I removed the cover to shine my flashlight down the hole. I forgot to put the cover back on.

Next thing I did was use the screwdriver to inspect and tighten some of the clamps. Something I do each fall. However my tool fell down the old well and I heard a splash after a few seconds.....

It is a $20 screwdriver, should I dig down 230 to 250 feet to rescue it? Anyone have one of those small robots to put down my 6" well casing to get it? I bet the previous owner stored most of his guns at the bottom of the well.

:D

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I was working the pipes to my expansion tank for my well. In the well pit is the old well with a cover. I removed the cover to shine my flashlight down the hole. I forgot to put the cover back on.

Next thing I did was use the screwdriver to inspect and tighten some of the clamps. Something I do each fall. However my tool fell down the old well and I heard a splash after a few seconds.....

It is a $20 screwdriver, should I dig down 230 to 250 feet to rescue it? Anyone have one of those small robots to put down my 6" well casing to get it? I bet the previous owner stored most of his guns at the bottom of the well.

:D

You needed a new fallout shelter didn't you:D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

winning-sheen.jpg

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Depending upon the shape of the magnet, shield it with aluminum or plastic (anything non-ferrous), and you'll avoid getting it stuck on unintended metal. My snap-on (maybe blue point, I can't remember) "retrieval magnet" is shrouded with aluminum for that very reason. Works pretty well!

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Buy a small monkey, teach it to go after the screwdriver, then rent it out to the rest of us who have lost things in a small space. :D or

if from Sears call in the lost tool warrenty.

need4speed255

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    How about lot's of paracord with an electro-magnet. Switch it on when you get to the bottom. I am guessing it will still be a challenge though.

Top Bottom