• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Took my oldest son to Atterbury Tuesday morning at 7:00 AM to ship to ARMY BCT. He arrived at Ft. Jackson, SC at 1:30 AM on Wednesday morning and has been non-stop since. We got a 1 minute call last night and he said he had been up for 37 straight hours, was bored with reception and couldn't wait to start training. He has been in the Guard since December and will be in ARMY ROTC at ISU this fall when he graduates from BCT. He wants to make it career after college.

Anyone else ship a kid off to BCT? We couldn't be more proud of him and the choices he has made. The kid scored a 98 on the ASVAB and all ones on physicals. His individual scores were all way beyond the min.'s for every MOS.

Can't wait to see him at BCT graduation.:patriot:

Dirty Steve

I shipped mine off seven years ago. He is now a E6 (SSgt.) He has been to Iraq twice and last I heard they are going to Africa in August.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    better living accommodations, better food, relaxed lifestyle, better women. if i could go back in time....

I recently arrived to my tech school in the Air Force. My "living accommodations" are REALLY nice. Fridge, microwave, walk-in closet 1 bathroom for 2-3 people. Our own A/C, heat.

Food rocks too, I eat way too much though because it's so good. Trying to stay away from the bad stuff.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    When he graduates from ISU ROTC he will be commissioned as a second lieutenant. Most ROTC kids never go to BCT. He wanted to join the Guard now so he COULD GO to BCT. His reasoning was that he could be a better officer and would be more respected by his men if he had done the same things that they had. He's doing a split-option and won't go to AIT until after his freshmen year at ISU. It's kind of funny, but he will never actually do the MOS he picked (88M because it was short enough to do over the summer) and will pick a new MOS once he graduates from officer school after being commissioned. He wants 11B (Infantry) as his real MOS and wants to go to Ranger School right after officer school. He was told that was preferred and he should make it a goal. He would have left a month ago if he could have. He was really excited.

Thanks for all your positive comments. Everyone has told him that they appreciate what he is doing. That has really made him feel good about his choices.

Dirty Steve

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    :patriot:Congrats to you on your son, you have good reason to be proud of him. I thank him for his service.

Shipped my oldest off to BCT almost 3 years ago. He has spent last 2 years in Korea, hope to have him home in a few weeks for a little while then he is off to Africa.

Top Bottom