• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I haven't dropped a gun, but did launch the slide and barrel of my XDM across the room. I had just cleaned it and forgot the lock the disassembly lever. I pulled the trigger and watched it fly straight to the concrete. Luckily, it didn't hurt anything all.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I was carrying "mexican" style sob, walking out of a department store when my glock shifted and slid down the inside of my pant leg. I managed to raise my leg mid stride and catch it, and stufed it in my jacket pocket. I quickly went out an bought an appropriate holster for iwb carry.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    I've only dropped a fire arm one time in 15 some odd years of carrying. I dropped my Glock 19 when I was getting into my vehicle after OC training. I had pulled it out of the holster, and before I could secure it in the vehicle, I dropped it on the blacktop parking lot. Looking back now I just think it was karma telling me to get rid of my Glock. I did, and I haven't dropped any of my M&P's.....lol

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    These are funny but true, I also remember a LOOOOONG drive with the family to Florida with my then Walther Stainless PPK/s on my lap, got out to get a motel room for the family and as I got out it hit the sizzling black top.

Now the guy in the vid, doing the backflip to SHUT UP AND DANCE at the party losing his G-19M and popping a guest in the leg....wasn't me.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've only dropped a fire arm one time in 15 some odd years of carrying. I dropped my Glock 19 when I was getting into my vehicle after OC training. I had pulled it out of the holster, and before I could secure it in the vehicle, I dropped it on the blacktop parking lot. Looking back now I just think it was karma telling me to get rid of my Glock. I did, and I haven't dropped any of my M&P's.....lol

I was wondering when it would turn into a Glock-hate thread ;)

Nothing else to add, but I am knocking wood as I hit the post reply button.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Oh boy:

1) dropped a S&W model 41 with ultra dot on the concrete. Just dropped it. Dumb. It survived.
    2) dropped a S&W642 out of an ankle holster in a parking lot. I was at a birthday party where the kids jumped in those cars of balls. I thought it best to disarm so I didn’t lose my BUG in a big vat of plastic balls. Trying to be discreet. Ended up beating up the front sight pretty good.
    3) same 642 hit the floor hit the floor. No kids, just wife and I on date night night. No reason to elaborate.
    4) a dumb hunting guide decided to toss my Remington Sendero out of a UTV and down the side of a mountain. I have not fired the gun yet but took a while to get the mud out of the bore and the scope body is scratched up.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I almost learned the hard way to not try and catch a firearm that you dropped.

I was placing my Glock in the pistol safe. As I was going from my holster to the safe on my closet shelf one of my kids tossed something into my room and when I looked back by hand smacked the shelf and knocked the gun out of my hand. I fumbled around trying to catch it and by the time I got ahold of it my thumb was on the trigger and I was looking down the barrel. I now do not look away until the gun is in the safe or my holster no matter what is going on. I don't even carry a conversation while I am doing it.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yep. Had to make a pit stop on the way back from Louisville one day. Gun eased out of the holster and slid underneath the next stall. I grabbed it real quick and scurried out.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    A few years ago, when I was shooting my first 3 gun match I had a drop of sorts. I had some sort of fancy holster to belt connection that allowed you to take your holster off of your gun belt with the gun in it. I guess the idea was to allow you to take your pistol off during long gun only stages. It was unnecessarily complicated. While we were reviewing our first stage and prior to loading it, my 2011 and its holster fell off my belt. Only the guy next to me saw it and you would have thought I had just done something horrible by his reaction. I picked it up and went on to shoot the match after taking extra time to secure the holster to the belt. Not sure if that was supposed to be a match DQ or not, as it didn't fall out of the holster, but it was embarrassing as can be. My pistol has scratches and nicks from the gravel on the rear of the slide to remind me of it every time I shoot it.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Most memorable one for me - I had just started carrying maybe 2 months prior and was carrying an old Llama 1911 in 45ACP. Heavy sucker. Had some cheap, leather holster thing that covered the middle of the gun.
    Well, we went to Steak N Shake one night and I put it in my Carr Hart jacket in the inside pocket. Took the jacket off when we got in, and as I went to sit in the booth, gun found its way to the tile. Made a nice clink. Picked it up, stuffed it back in the "holster" and crammed the jacket in the corner of the booth.
    I'll never forget the look on the face of the father of 2 sitting in the booth across from me who saw it all happen.
    He never did say anything about it though :whistle:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I know a guy in a vehicle tactics class that sheared his holster off while scrambling to get out on the car. He was the driver and I was riding shotgun. The drill was both out the passenger side and then around behind the car and engage the threats. When he arrived his gun and holster were between the seats, except for the loop that was still around his belt.

I took care of the shooting and he had my back with his knife.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know a guy in a vehicle tactics class that sheared his holster off while scrambling to get out on the car. He was the driver and I was riding shotgun. The drill was both out the passenger side and then around behind the car and engage the threats. When he arrived his gun and holster were between the seats, except for the loop that was still around his belt.

I took care of the shooting and he had my back with his knife.

That was an awesome day with much learned, both from the curriculum as well as the random things that happened in the class such as our pal losing his weapon while exiting the vehicle. That experience illustrates why sometimes an IWB holster can help avoid a bad situation and it's always good to have more than one gun. Just in case.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Not so much a drop. Reassembled my Sig 226, dropped the slide release and watched my slide shoot off and land on the bench... Forgot to throw the take down lever back to the locked position

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The only reason I'm still walking is because M&Ps don't act like Sig 320s. It was like slow motion watching it come out of the IWB holster in my hand and fall to the floor with the muzzle pointed directly at my line of sight. Direct strike to the back of the slide, happened so fast I had to stand there for a moment and understand that I wasn't a fatality of my own negligence.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep shortly after I turned 18 and had gotten my LTCH. We were out one night and my brother decided to go with some friends and do some drinking. So he gave me his .38spl and his floppydick nylon holster. So I stuck it IWB and headed into the steak & shake. After we finished I stood up, hitched up my pants and the .38spl fell out onto the floor atmy feet...right in front of 4 ISP officers. I hurried and slipped it into my pocket. One officer walked over and casually said "you need a better holster, what are you carrying" after telling him it was my brothers S&W Jframe he said"follow me" and we walked out to his cruiser and at 18 I just knew I was in trouble. He opened his trunk and handed me a leather pancake holster with a thumb break and said "now be smart and get some training". My brother was quite angry about such a small scratch that was partly his fault for having a junk holster and me not knowing any better. It made a lasting impression on me

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    About a month ago swapped my wife vehicles and took a 45/410 derringer out of the truck. I put it on top of the fridge where I often place my edc while home. I grabbed something else on the top of the refrigerator and moved the pistol a little. Later when I opened the refrigerator it fell into the fridge, landed directly on the hammer and fired a load of 71/2 shot into the side wall. Only thing hurt was my ego. Still getting harassed by friends, lots of comments like: I'm a cold killer; heard you took your heater to the fridge, glad we only keep our milk in there or you would have been a cereal killer... but lesson learned.

Jtrain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2016
    Fountain county
    I had bought a sticky holster for my brand new shield, when I went to get out of my truck I went to pull my shirt out because it was tucked in behind the gun and it pulled the gun and holster out and hit the pavement. Needless to say I never used that holster again

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Many moons ago I was a Machine Gunner conducting a live fire. We had to displace and move about 100 yards my 1911 fell out of the holster.
    I sprinted about 100 yards dragging a cocked and locked pistol by the lanyard.
    No issues it still worked caked in mud!

Top Bottom