• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've dropped shotguns in the mud a terrible number of times and even in the water before. I've dropped an unloaded pistol when it went dry at the range on a few occasions. I had two bad events dropping a pistol though. Both times it was my entire holster with gun and spare mag fell to the ground. I don't know if I dropped it of it fell off of the counter one time and the other time I was carrying the whole setup to my car in my hands as I was in gym shorts for the time being. Both times everything smacked the concrete. Once everything stayed put, and the other time the spare mag went flying but the gun stayed in the holster.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I dropped an M&P some years ago while exiting my vehicle. The pistol was in a kydex IWB holster in the center console, which I grabbed as I was stepping out of the car. As I saw the gun falling to the ground, I realized that I was holding an empty holster that apparently had far less tension on the gun than I thought.

The only damage was to the rear sight, which was being replaced by a night sight anyway.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I was carrying "mexican" style sob, walking out of a department store when my glock shifted and slid down the inside of my pant leg. I managed to raise my leg mid stride and catch it, and stufed it in my jacket pocket. I quickly went out an bought an appropriate holster for iwb carry.

Plaxico... Is that you?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I was hunting a friends property and drove 45 minutes home and noticed my empty holster. That was the worst hour and half of my life with all the “what ifs”. Found it at the bottom of my tree stand, my harness or pack had pulled it loose as I climbed down I assume. I never again carried a hand gun in anything that a snap button retention holster while hunting!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I had a holster failure during the Hearbreak Run-n-Gun last Feb. I looked down and my pistol AND holster were missing. Your brain can turn to mush during these events. I hadn't noticed it was missing. I back tracked ~200-300 hundred yards to find it laying in the snow. I'm glad it was snowing as it made it easy to retrace my steps.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I know anyone who handles guns regularly who has never, ever dropped a gun, I do not know who they are.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The only appropriate time to drop the gun is just before your tactical roll, then you pick it back up before you continue engaging targets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bm3GgDxPOM

HOLY CRAP.

I think I only saw the Beards McOperator parody of that before and it was hilarious as a standalone. I didn't know someone really did that, put it on video, uploaded it so the public could see what an idiot they were, and they were not joking. That guy really did that and thinks it's somehow . . . good. HOLY CRAP.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If I know anyone who handles guns regularly who has never, ever dropped a gun, I do not know who they are.

I had a really scary incident last week. I was dropping my daughter off at kids klub which is in an elementary school. Like a good plebe that can not be trusted with a gun, I unholstered my Walther PPS and carefully slid it into a pocket type holster I keep in the truck. Upon returning I carefully reholster, careful not to spook any soccer mommies. This time however I accidently dropped the gun. It ended up pointing at me and wedged between the center console and seat belt buckle. Talk about butt pucker!!!! I had the good sense not to snatch at the gun but if something would have hit the trigger that gun would have sent a 115 grain hollow point right through my armpit and upper chest.

1) gun free zones suck and should not exist.
    2) remove your gun and holster together. Unfortunately that is not an option with a C hook tuckable holster.
    3) don’t handle your gun needlessly.

People, especially LEOs or people without school age kids seem to forget the difficulty of incorporating a gun into their lifestyle. It’s easy to say I carry a 1911 and cover garment daily. Real life does not always allow that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure what the rulez is.

1) does it have to be a firearm?

2) does it have to be the whole gun?

3) I don’t handle guns as regularly as many here.

I’ve never dropped a firearm. But I’ve dropped various parts while cleaning. Dropped a M&P Pro slide on the concrete floor. No damage. Was really glad I didn’t have the optic on it.

I’ve accidentally knocked a CO2 pistol off the table.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    This happened several years ago. My wife was shopping at Walmart and I was waiting outside in the car. Traffic comes and goes, customers parking all around in a snow covered parking lot. A man who had parked a few rows behind me comes up and asks me if Ive seen a small stainless automatic pistol! WHAT THE HECK? I am carrying a small stainless automatic pistol! Is my pistol lying outside my door? HELL! I dont even remember opening the door! How could my gun fall out?

I jump out checking my pockets...... No! My little pistol is in its holster, in its pocket, safe and secure. I tell him so. "No I haven't lost my pistol! Its right here!". He says "Not you! Its me!". He tells me that he had his pistol in his left front pocket in his truck when he left his house...... Now its gone. I was here when he parked, did I see anyone pick anything up around his truck? I suppose its lost, he said. I told him that nobody had been near his truck! His gun has to be right here!

The poor guy is completely dejected. He is in despair and literally hanging his head. I tell him Dude! See those plows over there? They will be here soon! Get out of that truck and start looking! He is sure its gone. I am sweeping snow with my feet in wide swaths while he casts around halfheartedly.

I am kicking snow maybe two minutes when what do you think I see? I am looking at a pretty little Seecamp .25 with nice pearl grips! Just shining like a bulb. A tiny silver gun with white grips on gray pavement in white snow! What luck! Hey Pal!!!! looky here! Ive never saw a man so happy! He litterally did a little dance, he was so happy! I think he was tearing up as he shook my hands, BOTH OF THEM! And then he drove away, one happy a$$.

Top Bottom