• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Last night, I hear BANG BANG BANG, look out my window... this dude is beating the **** out of the side of a car (next to mine, but not mine) in the parking lot outside my apartment. I grab my g27, put it in my pocket (still in the FIST hoster), and ran outside. I yelled "hey what the bunnies and unicorns!", the guy then took off in the opposite direction, I yelled again and he turned around and started to run at me. I wasn't in fear for my life which is why I didnt draw on him, but he still freaked me out. Then out of nowhere some guy cuts him off before he gets close, takes him to the ground, hits him in the face once, then says "we need to get the bunnies and unicorns out of here he's going to call the cops", then they got up and ran back in the opposite direction of me. Last thing I remember is his friend saying "sorry dude". I then went back inside and kept an eye out of my window. Didnt call the police, but told my neighbor what happened afterwards. There was really no damage for how violent he was hitting the car.

...wtf!?!?!?!

Would you have done anything different or not done anything.

Last edited:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    WTF indeed. Im assuming he was beating it with his fists? No bat or anything like that? I guess if you could see from your apartment that it wasn't your car you could have just stayed inside and called the cops. Otherwise going outside with a good flashlight, maybe even one with a strobe feature, is an idea. You can light him up while you yell at him and take him off guard, that way if they try and come at you you will have a chance to get some distance between you and him and assess where to go from there.
    I know I would go outside if I heard that in my parking lot, I have no window facing the lot where I park my car so I would want to stop someone from jacking it up as soon as possible.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Unless I thought someone was inside the vehicle and their safety was being compromised, I would have stayed locked inside and not compromised my own.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I disagree. He said it wasn't his car. There are so many "what if's" in scenarios like this it's scary.
    Yep, you are right, there are a bunch of what if's in a scenario like this. But, I will not stand by and wait 5,10,15 minutes for the police to show up when some yahoo is beating the hell out of my neighbors car.

I will take my chances but like hell if i am going to just sit in my house and watch something like that happen. Maybe I am crazy.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Why did you arm yourself and go down there instead of calling the police???

Because hes destroying property and potentially MY property ($12,000 car).

You are all entitled to your opinions (thats why I asked) but I was going outside. Id do it again too. Aside from that...

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmond Burke

Reps to you sir ! A wrong is a wrong and I'm glad you stand for good. Glad it turned out well since you decided to put yourself in harms way. That was YOUR decision, and you'rs alone.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

You are all entitled to your opinions (thats why I asked) but I was going outside. Id do it again too. Aside from that...
    Tried to rep you sir. I will get involved every time and worry about the risk after it is all over

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thank you! I find it more honorable to protect my stuff (and my neighbors, who is a good person) than cower inside while some drunk teenage college kid destroys my sh*t.

Here is a question, would any of you react differently if I was on an 80 acre farm and some guy was destroying cars in the driveway, instead of in a big 12 room "house" (apartment) in a suburban area.

I've had my car f***ed with so many times, door dings, key marks all down the sides, tires slashed, river rock thrown through windows, etc. I dont take that bs anymore.... and I wish someone had stood up and protected my stuff, so why wouldnt I?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

You put yourself in a situation where you were prepared to kill someone who wasn't even hurting you or your property. You can't deal with cops, we've all seen your threads about that, now it looks like you are always looking for a fight with other people too. You were in an apartment looking out a window. You had the advantage. Why on earth would you give up your advantage? Grow the **** up and call the cops.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    You put yourself in a situation where you were prepared to kill someone who wasn't even hurting you or your property. You can't deal with cops, we've all seen your threads about that, now it looks like you are always looking for a fight with other people too. You were in an apartment looking out a window. You had the advantage. Why on earth would you give up your advantage? Grow the **** up and call the cops.

When did I say I was going to kill him? If I remember correctly I said I never even touched my firearm once it was in my pocket.

I cant deal with cops? Ive had plenty of good experiences.. not sure where this "fact" came from, but its pretty pathetic. What threads?

Who am I trying to fight? When?

Sounds like you need a bottle and a nap.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So, if it is not yours it is not your problem?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I disagree. He said it wasn't his car. There are so many "what if's" in scenarios like this it's scary.

Yep, you are right, there are a bunch of what if's in a scenario like this. But, I will not stand by and wait 5,10,15 minutes for the police to show up when some yahoo is beating the hell out of my neighbors car.

I will take my chances but like hell if i am going to just sit in my house and watch something like that happen. Maybe I am crazy.

You know that second guy he was talking about that came out of nowhere and knocked him on the ground, well that could have easily been some dude getting your initial attention and the second guy coming from out of nowhere and bashing your brains in with a tire iron.

While you're laying on the ground with your brain matter oozing out of your skull those two guys would have been strolling along with your carry piece and what ever else you had on you.

There's a time and a place, at that time it is not your responsibility to play LEO because some guy's beating on a car with no one in it.

Now if there was a person in it and you thought that they was in danger, that is an entirely different situation.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    So, if it is not yours it is not your problem?

Right... hes also missing the fact that this dude is swinging wildly next to my property. At this point I'm not sure if he was targeting that car specifically or if hes one of MANY people who walk through this parking lot and destroy or steal property. This building has a big problem with theft from cars and the doorstep (UPS, usps, etc.). He doesnt know me one bit so take his smelly opinion with a big grain of salt.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    You know that second guy he was talking about that came out of nowhere and knocked him on the ground, well that could have easily been some dude getting your initial attention and the second guy coming from out of nowhere and bashing your brains in with a tire iron.

While you're laying on the ground with your brain matter oozing out of your skull those two guys would have been strolling along with your carry piece and what ever else you had on you.

There's a time and a place, at that time it is not your responsibility to play LEO because some guy's beating on a car with no one in it.

Now if there was a person in it and you thought that they was in danger, that is an entirely different situation.

Any possible situation is possible. We all take risks. I made my decision.

I'm also not sure how I was "playing LEO"... I was unaware that police were the only people that can do anything these days. This isnt vigilante sh*t, I wasnt on patrol hunting for the dude, and I didnt chase after them and cuff them. I defended my property, they took off, the end. :dunno:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    When did I say I was going to kill him? If I remember correctly I said I never even touched my firearm once it was in my pocket.

I cant deal with cops? Ive had plenty of good experiences.. not sure where this "fact" came from, but its pretty pathetic. What threads?

Who am I trying to fight? When?

Sounds like you need a bottle and a nap.

You armed yourself and went outside and then told us how you didn't have to draw. You were prepared to.

Yes, you can't deal with cops. I've seen some of your threads about dealing with police and how you fail everytime at it. I know for a fact at least two were deleted before they could go anywhere, maybe more. Your immaturity shows even more now by acting like you don't know what I'm talking about. I saw the threads bud so be a man and be honest.

When you leave your home to go and put yourself in a situation that has barely anything to do with you then you are looking for a fight. After reading how you deal with the cops and now this I can't help but think you are always half-cocked and looking for a fight.

I hope you grow up before you do something stupid.

Top Bottom