• ...and so much more!
  • jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    **snipped for the sake of not wasting internet bandwidth on a rant**

you really should try to find something productive to spend your thoughts on, don't pretend to know me, i don't pretend to know you. I was talking about the situation, now here you go trying to become the INGO psychologist....it's not beneficial to anyone for me to even comment on that blurb above

what a waste of bandwidth

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    you really should try to find something productive to spend your thoughts on, don't pretend to know me, i don't pretend to know you. I was talking about the situation, now here you go trying to become the INGO psychologist....it's not beneficial to anyone for me to even comment on that blurb above

what a waste of bandwidth

I am not "pretending". I am merely putting a mental profile of you together based on your statements.

You state you are more comfortable confronting someone when you are not armed as opposed to when you are armed. Of course you would never confront someone unless it was "your business". this is kind of an odd statement as it would seem you are actually afraid that you would be more likely to do something you wouldn't do if you had a gun on you, does this mean you have a temper? or perhaps would feel "compelled" to shoot someone if you were armed? Based on this statement I would have to say that you probably shouldn't be armed at all if you feel you can't control yourself when you are.

You state you break certain laws purely out of "spite". this would incline one to think that you are a "spiteful" person, for what reasons I can only speculate but I would say those reasons are referenced in your other comments

You state you break those laws, not because they are "unjust", but because you feel that "laws" are only "guidelines" and that the "system" not only expects you to do so but also is "ok" with you doing so. this would incline one to think... well, heck I shouldn't even need to point out what this would incline someone to think.

You state you have had, presumably bad, experiences with "testosterone filled raging guys" who were "trying to be helpful" and who created problem where you feel there were none and then possibly got praised for it or expected praise for it. this would incline one to think exactly what you said.

You state that you are now further motivated to own guns and be armed because of people who state they would not stand idly by why crimes are committed in their presence... this would incline one to think that it is becuase you fear you would need to defend yourself against such people otherwise how could you be worried about these "many ideas and versions of the truth" being a problem for you when we are in a thread talking about how the OP stopped a guy from vandalizing a car (and not with any type of "extreme" action)?

You make references to "their version" of the truth in a discussion where you are advocating people "mind their own business". this would incline one to think that you were involved in a situation where "their version" of the truth was not what you felt "your version" of the truth was and that you suffered some kind of disciplinary action for "their version" or are close, as it seems to strike an emotional chord with you, with someone who has.

There is obviously some deeper underlying issues here and an attempt to understand them would go a long way in understanding where your viewpoints stem from.

While I think some of your points are valid (when you were arguing about perspectives), you kind of went off the reservation with some of your statements and based on the things you are saying, I am wondering what the actual intent behind you advocating that people "mind their own business" and not interfere with crimes that are occurring in front of them because it is not happening them, is.

Last edited:

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    the deeper underlying issue here is that i really don't give a damn what you think about what i think.....does that make it better for you? you are wasting your time analyzing things to death bro, why don't you breathe a minute and give it a break already, you don't know me and I don't pretend to know you by over-analyzing your posts....sheesh

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    the deeper underlying issue here is that i really don't give a damn what you think about what i think.....does that make it better for you? you are wasting your time analyzing things to death bro, why don't you breathe a minute and give it a break already, you don't know me and I don't pretend to know you by over-analyzing your posts....sheesh

Actually I am not the one getting emotional. You seem to be so a nerve must have been hit. Again I'm not pretending to know you, just trying to understand where you are coming from. People do that in conversations "dontchaknow"?

You are the one who made reference to personal experience. You are the one who stated those things about breaking the law out of spite and that it was expected and ok to do so. You are the one who made all those as well as the other statements I quoted in my previous post.

I am not "overanalyzing" your posts, I am merely responding to what you typed. I would hope that you are actually reading my posts as well. It would seem I am showing your position a lot more respect because I am actually paying attention to what you are typing.

What I have gathered from your posts is:

The traits that most would call "courage" or "bravery" you would call "stupid", "dumb", "asshattery", etc. (and I did agree that the wisest or smartest course of action is, more often than not, exactly the opposite of what we call "courage" or "bravery").

The traits that some of us would call "cowardice" you would call "smart" or wise. (again I did agree that the "smart" way, in that it may save you from immediate repercussions, is often the "cowards" way).

That you break the law out of spite because you believe that they are just guidelines and that the system both expects you to break the law and actually find it acceptable.

You don't want people taking any proactive means of stopping crimes which you feel are either "victimless" (vandalism at the very last since that is what the OP was about) or "none of their business".

You are more comfortable in "confronting" people when you are unarmed then when you are armed for whatever reason.

Because of the posts on this thread advocating the proactive approach when dealing with crimes occurring in their presence you now feel even better about owning and carrying a gun presumably because you may have to deal with these people's "many ideas and many versions of the truth".

You had some kind of negative experience with "testosterone filled raging guys" who caused some kind of problem for you when you thought there wasn't a problem and most likely received some kind praise for it.

Do you really think you can just throw those things out there and not expected to get called on it?

You are like the baby sitter being interviewed who says "yeah, I'm a child raping murderer"

When the Parents interviewing you ask, "did you just say that you are a child raping murder?"

You respond with, "stop over analyzing my statements! I don't pretend to know you don't pretend to know me!"

Are you really taking this stance? You do realize that it would appear, from your very own "mouth" (as it were) that you are a criminal who breaks laws merely to "spite" them, NOT because you feel the laws you are breaking are unjust, but again purely out of "spite". Further more you feel that it is acceptable and expected by the very system which created those laws which you feel are "guidelines". It would seem that you argue for people to "mind their own business" because you don't want anyone interfering with your criminal activity in what you feel are "victimless crimes", which apparently has happened.

That is not an "overanalysis" that is just reading out what you stated.

Last edited:

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    is this guy serious? ROFL

i see a page full of type and instantly feel the need to hit ignore.....you are thinking too hard bro, you should use your energy for something worth using it on, not analyzing me, good day

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    is this guy serious? ROFL

i see a page full of type and instantly feel the need to hit ignore.....you are thinking too hard bro, you should use your energy for something worth using it on, not analyzing me, good day

:): Do you really think that it takes a lot of "energy" to analyze you :rolleyes:?

I type somewhere between 65 and 72 words per minute. Not blazing fast but fast enough that my "conversation" with you accounts for mere minutes of my day. In fact I am watching tv right now while typing this so my attention is actually divided.

Yes, not giving you my full attention is a bit rude and perhaps I should apologize for that but hey, you did say I should use my energy for something worth using it for. :dunno:

On an amusing note do you realize that in your recent statement you imply that you both think too highly of yourself (believing that it takes "thinking hard" and using "energy" to analyze what you have posted so far) and think too little of yourself (by saying that I should use my "energy" for something "worth" using it for).

In any case...

I think you confirmed most of my thoughts regarding your intent behind your stance that people should not get involved with stopping criminal activity that occurs in their presence. Hopefully those who witness your criminal activity take a stand even if you feel your crimes are victimless and that the "system" encourages you to commit those crimes. By the way, let me know how that argument goes for you if you get caught, that is if you have the "courage" to actually tell the prosecutor/judge that :): .

Well, looks like my show is about over, time to get ready to head out to a friends for the "super bowl party". Have fun and try not to break any laws out of spite today!

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    :): Do you really think that it takes a lot of "energy" to analyze you :rolleyes:?

I type somewhere between 65 and 72 words per minute. Not blazing fast but fast enough that my "conversation" with you accounts for mere minutes of my day. In fact I am watching tv right now while typing this so my attention is actually divided.

Yes, not giving you my full attention is a bit rude and perhaps I should apologize for that but hey, you did say I should use my energy for something worth using it for. :dunno:

On an amusing note do you realize that in your recent statement you imply that you both think too highly of yourself (believing that it takes "thinking hard" and using "energy" to analyze what you have posted so far) and think too little of yourself (by saying that I should use my "energy" for something "worth" using it for).

In any case...

I think you confirmed most of my thoughts regarding your intent behind your stance that people should not get involved with stopping criminal activity that occurs in their presence. Hopefully those who witness your criminal activity take a stand even if you feel your crimes are victimless and that the "system" encourages you to commit those crimes. By the way, let me know how that argument goes for you if you get caught, that is if you have the "courage" to actually tell the prosecutor/judge that :): .

Well, looks like my show is about over, time to get ready to head out to a friends for the "super bowl party". Have fun and try not to break any laws out of spite today
    Thebishopp

Top Bottom