Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I feel like I am making some progress in several key skills. Hoping to shoot some live fire drills soon to confirm.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I feel like I am making some progress in several key skills. Hoping to shoot some live fire drills soon to confirm.

My IDPA score from this weekend improved dramatically from last month. I am sure part of that is just knowing what to expect, but I think my dry fire routine contributed greatly.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My IDPA score from this weekend improved dramatically from last month. I am sure part of that is just knowing what to expect, but I think my dry fire routine contributed greatly.

I am sure it did. It cannot hurt.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Have you guys seen the vids from Chris Keen in Ohio? They shoot an indoor practice match once a week. I've never been to an indoor range here in Indy but I wonder if we could do such a thing around here? IMO, there is no substitute for live fire.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    There were two matches near Chicago on a bi weekly basis when I was working in Wisconsin. I attended one regularly. The only concern would be footing. The one place I went was like shooting on ice

when I would shoot at niles in the winter, and a couple of indoor "night" matches out east, I'd take a towel and bottle of water.... get the towl damp and wipe the bottom of your shoes. could usually get through a stage before they got so dry/dirty again they'd become slick.

-rvb

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I would certainly like to supplement my dryfire with some live fire about now.
    I am making some progress,it's just a struggle to force my self to do it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Have you guys seen the vids from Chris Keen in Ohio? They shoot an indoor practice match once a week. I've never been to an indoor range here in Indy but I wonder if we could do such a thing around here? IMO, there is no substitute for live fire.

It would involved a range that would allow it. I don't know of Beech Grove firearms is always busy like it was the one Saturday I was there, but if it is there no way they would close it down to have a match. Maybe during the week in the evenings it would be more available I don' know. It would also mean getting some stand and stuff there. The problems could be worked out if there was a place willing that would not be too expensive.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Beech Grove Firearms for the Match they put on Tuesday Nights the range is open, you are paying for your half hour and then shoot the match during it
    Pop Guns was never interested and not big enough
    Westfield I hear that you can't even unload and store your carry gun in the parking lot and there is no drawing from a holster

So unless someone on here wants to open up an indoor range that is big enough, get the props needed and take on the liability of and indoor range I suggest
    IMarksman
    [video=youtube;Vlj1fILk4UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlj1fILk4UM[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There is a place in Avon under construction, or rumors to that effect. They were going to open in November.

Top Bottom