Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    All of the practice mag changes are killing my trigger finger. Remember as a defensive oriented guy, I have never practiced mag changes to this level so I have never noticed an issue.
    So you are higher mileage in the competition world. At least in some ways.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Mileage is no joke
    Got in sessions the last 3 days.
    One of the downsides to performing the drill for 3 to 5 minutes is that I'm not messing with the par times much. I set my phone timer for my current par time and just do the drill for 5 minutes.
    I was looking at my records this evening and noticed that I hadn't dropped the par times on a few of the drills for a really long time.
    I dropped a couple of the drills that I do frequently and eureka after just a few reps I was making the time. There is something to performing the drills .1 under your current par at least occasionally.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    For the record I feel like hammered hell. Short and t shirt in a 68 degree basement sweating like a whore on dollar night. The fever seemed to agree with me. Great session. Dropped the par time on Speed Option part way through because I was done and waiting on the beep. I even walked over and check the book to make sure I had the time set. Dropped it down and still made the under par time four out of five times.

SS gun went great. I did Smoke and Hope to start with the SS gun. It went the best it has gone. I did it again later with the Limited gun and that went well also. Seems like the work is helping. 2 reload 2 went well. I think that I will be dropping the par time by Feb. The rust is off. Right to left and left to right arrays were smooth and easy.

Roundabout with the Limited gun was the best night of the year so far. I made four our five runs under the par time.

I did not want to put on the cover garment and do the work from concealment. But I sucked it up and did it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    For the record I feel like hammered hell. Short and t shirt in a 68 degree basement sweating like a whore on dollar night. The fever seemed to agree with me. Great session. Dropped the par time on Speed Option part way through because I was done and waiting on the beep. I even walked over and check the book to make sure I had the time set. Dropped it down and still made the under par time four out of five times.

SS gun went great. I did Smoke and Hope to start with the SS gun. It went the best it has gone. I did it again later with the Limited gun and that went well also. Seems like the work is helping. 2 reload 2 went well. I think that I will be dropping the par time by Feb. The rust is off. Right to left and left to right arrays were smooth and easy.

Roundabout with the Limited gun was the best night of the year so far. I made four our five runs under the par time.

I did not want to put on the cover garment and do the work from concealment. But I sucked it up and did it.

Are you doing the steel challenge stages to prep for steel challenge or just because they are well suited for dry fire practice?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The state steel match is back at Riley this year and the Area 5 Steel match is as well. I would like to do well at both of those. Plus Steel challenge is great practice for transitions and calling shots. I hope to shoot more steel challenge matches this year.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    All simple drills you have probably done before but he puts different levels and par times to them and if you shoot them in class you get little awards.

Performance Awards ? Gabe White Training

Well crap
    now I want a turbo pin.....:):
    Those times are aggressive from concealment I'm sure I couldn't pull it off without a lot more practice.

Getting ready for a short session without a timer. match mode if you will.
    Looking forward to the match tonight I missed the last one

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well crap
    now I want a turbo pin.....:):
    Those times are aggressive from concealment I'm sure I couldn't pull it off without a lot more practice.

Getting ready for a short session without a timer. match mode if you will.
    Looking forward to the match tonight I missed the last one

IIRC Gabe has said the turbo level should roughly equate with a USPSA M. In a practice environment I can pretty regularly pull turbo times in failure to stop and immediate incapacitation, but am under no illusions that I will be able to do that in class. I believe a number of M and A level students have failed to make turbo in class. It is ironic to me that the only people to make turbo so far have done it from concealment. If that is what you practice most though, that .25 concealment bonus probably works out better.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Won Limited and SS at the match tonight. One mike total on the last stage in Limited. I knew it but did not make it up. I do not know what. Shot solid for a high fever and a week of feeling like a sack of ****. I am reading this as the hard work is paying off.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I believe a number of M and A level students have failed to make turbo in class. It is ironic to me that the only people to make turbo so far have done it from concealment. If that is what you practice most though, that .25 concealment bonus probably works out better.

I assume most people taking his class are looking to train from concealment, which is likely why the turbo awards have been shot that way.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;7KkqTSQ_sw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KkqTSQ_sw4&t=3s[/video]

Got the SS and Limited routine completed before wrestling practice. Plan to do the concealed work after practice. Tried to work on all of the fundamentals that have been the drum beat for the month. After watching the video from last night I also put an emphasis on getting the first shot off sooner in each drill. In the video it is more evident on the two classifier runs. Both classifiers were A class runs, which is what it is supposed to be. Had it not been for the deltas they would have been higher. I did not have a speed focus on those runs and saw the sights but was sloppy with the trigger press and not bearing down with the left hand. Things to keep improving on.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well my daughter practicing the drums chased me out of my upstairs practice area, so off to the basement. I still had the plates set up there so I ran through the plate rack drill again. I got to push my plate transition drill time down a couple of tenths while maintaining good hits.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Home from grappling and got the concealed work in. Went pretty good. Stepping off the line of force and getting the first hit of six requires some concentration.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    None tonight. Headed to Bloomington to see a wrestle match. Hopefully get the truck washed as well.

Top Bottom