Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The whole country seems to be sick. I did not know he was on a river that far north. No dry practice here tonight. I did do some live fire demo tonight that went well.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I think riverman gave me his flu. Short session.

Sight picture confirmation
    6R6
    I'm not sure what I had was the flu. It manifested as a nasty head cold with intermittent fever.
    What ever it was it kicked my ass for 36 hours.
    Only day off wife is sick so I'm doing all the running around.
    Going to try and get-together entry and exit stuff done this afternoon

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Ok I got busy and lazy and didn't get anything dialed in for entry/exit drills.
    What I did was drills 1-12 and 2r2 from refinement and repetition while moving. I think there are things here to work on. The plan is to do some reps moving on every nightly drill.
    One interesting observation, reloading the SS while moving is easier than reloading it standing still.
    imagine that

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The whole fam Damily is gone tonight and I am home for the first night in a week. Whole regime is complete. It went very well. Started with 2R2 cold with no reps without a par time. Made them all. Best night for this drill all year. I know it is early. I added Bill Drill Reload Bill Drill with the SS gun. Did all five Steel stages and they went very well. Continue to focus on gripping the gun harder with my left hand. It seems to be paying dividends.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Still feel like carp. Used the 50% targets tonight slightly wide spaced.

6 Reload strong
    6 reload weak. If you have to hunt for the dot with the weak hand after the reload you are screwed.
    Front sight forward
    2 Reload 2
    Bill reload Bill

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Got the session in. Bumped the Par time down on the left to right array with the SS gun. Bumped Speed Option down with the Limited Gun. I feel like Smoke and Hope and Roundabout should be faster but they are not.

I feel like a have a gut full of razor blades. So it seems I am trying to be fashionable and get sick. I do not have time to be sick.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Got it all in prior to wrestling practice. Dropping the par time 1/10 on Pendlum and Speed Option. Calling it a success and moving on for the night. Reloads still very rough compared to what I want, and that translates to slower than it could be.

Do you still coach wrestling?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Almost back to a full session.

Head shot sight picture.
    1X6. At some point the one shot per thing won't mess me up.
    3 on 3.
    Box to Box forward. A lot of gains to be made here I think. Not with my speed of shooting or running, but with shooting while leaving and entering.
    Upper 6 on the move. You really see the "bounce" with the dot here you don't see with irons.
    Forward 6 on 3, 3 on 3. That "burst" of speed during the reload can really lead to a mag flying across the basement.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Home sick today. Got the Steel Challenge work in already. Moved Pendlum down a tenth again, and Speed Option as well. Struggled on Smoke and Hope at hitting the stop plate. Going to do a second round of Smoke and Hope in a little bit and a third round this afternoon or this evening depending when I start taking medicine.

This morning is the 6th time I have reduced the par time on Speed Option between last year and this year. Today is the 5th time reducing the par time on Pendlum in the same time span. I did not dry practice on them from the end of July until after Christmas. I have reduced the par time on 5 to Go four times in that span. By comparison I have only reduced Roundabout one time, and have never reduced SMoke and Hope. To be clear I have done about 10% the amount of work on Smoke and Hope as the others.

I am focused on going one for one and being smooth and calling a good shot on Speed Option, Pendlum, and Five to go. I feel like I am doing it and I feel like it will pay off big in matches because they are tougher stages with some serious traps built into them. But on the other two I find myself having a speed focus and even if I go one for one I struggle to make the time or I don't make it and the sight picture is sloppy. One set of reps under the par time this morning I tried to do the same work on the sights as I do on the other stages. Made four out of five reps on both stages. WOW!!! Going to try and redo it and with the right focus.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Need to adjust par time on the right to left array further. I am making it very comfortably on the under par time setting. Needs to come down soon. Going to start with that Saturday night instead of ending with it. If the results are the same I will lower the par time.

Did some more on Smoke and Hope and it was better but not where it needs to be.

Overall feel like progress is being made. I have worn a spot on the new single stack slide from the holster. No safe queen here. My traffic finger is sore and calloused from from the trigger guard. The web of my left hand is sore from front cocking serrations. All positive signs in my mind. It means something is being done. It is like a sore dick, you can't beat it.

Going to work up a four drill carry gun sequence to add to the mix. Going to start it this afternoon or this evening. Will be doing it all from concealment.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have set initial par times for the concealed work. That was not fun.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Unloaded table starts. Stationary and movement to.
    Wide transitions 1.
    Wide transitions 2.
    Wide transitions 3. A lot of eye snapping here in what is essentially a widely spaced X drill with reload.
    2R2. lowered par by a tenth.

Top Bottom