• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hwseeker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    There are all kinds!

Nothing beats the idiots that steal cars, later abandon them, but leave their IDs behind. Happens more than you might think!

I also know of a situation a few years ago where a guy was pulled over in Hamilton County for DUI, gave the officer his license and then, while the officer was running the license, the guy climbed out the window on the other side of the car and fled the area on foot. What is even better is that the guy had driven up to where the officer was in the middle of making another OWI arrest and stopped. He had an open beer between his legs.

God made them all folks! He just didn't make some of them very smart!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Not jail, just a ticket tale.

Officer out on patrol in the early AM notices a vehicle cruising the side streets in town.
    Pulls over vehicle on left of center charge.
    Lets driver go with a warning to go home or get off city streets - if he is seen again the driver WILL get the ticket for left of center.
    Driver goes out driving in country, getting madder the more he thinks about the encounter.
    Decides to file complaint with department.
    Goes to police station, walks in and sees officer there.
    Yells "HEY (RICHARD CRANIUM)!" at officer.
    Officer did not lie, writes ticket.
    Driver receives no sympathy from me upon telling his tale. Should have went home or stayed out of town.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    In Elkhart county, there is still a law on the books that says it is illegal for a barber to tell a boy he will cut his ear off if he doesn't sit still. (Board.com/crazylaws)

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There are many laws still on the books that are no longer enforced. Here in Indianapolis it was at one point illegal for a horse to travel at speed in excess of 10 mph. Whether that law still exists or not I have no idea but I can tell you from first hand experience it is NOT enforced. There is nothing cooler than a carriage driver and the mounted police having a race through the government center at night.

Edit: Ok there are some things that are cooler, but it was pretty boss all the same :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife was driving in a squad car, a car with 4 guys drove by and flipped her off. She came around and pulled them over to chat. 3 of the OTHER guys had warrants, they went to jail. IF that's not the winner, well then its' in the top 10

They should be rendered un-able to reproduce^^^^^ Save the gene pool.

Having been in handcuffs I see this as a question that merits response....
    Anything you go to jail for past defending home and family is pretty stupid. JMHO

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothing beats the idiots that steal cars, later abandon them, but leave their IDs behind. Happens more than you might think!

I also know of a situation a few years ago where a guy was pulled over in Hamilton County for DUI, gave the officer his license and then, while the officer was running the license, the guy climbed out the window on the other side of the car and fled the area on foot. What is even better is that the guy had driven up to where the officer was in the middle of making another OWI arrest and stopped. He had an open beer between his legs.

God made them all folks! He just didn't make some of them very smart!

Another candidate for sterilization.....I work with such an idiot. No clue. They brag about these things like it is a badge of honer. He does not understand why I will not work with him anymore.........:rolleyes:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    (b) A person who dyes, stains, or otherwise alters the natural coloring of a bird or rabbit commits a Class B misdemeanor.

Indiana Code 15-2.1-21-13(b)

I swear my rooster ate all my skittles...

1-1-jpg.jpeg

packrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Ok, years ago working as a jail officer in a small county jail, a guy comes to the jail to check on his son who was recently arrested for public intox, the father of course was drunk, arrested on the spot, several minutes later another guy who happened to be a buddy of the father comes in to check on his buddy, guess what? Yep, he was drunk and had driven to the jail. You can't make this stuff up.

Myla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Online Everywhere bu
    So, if I were to paint this a less obnoxious color, I would be a criminal?

volkswagen-rabbit-01.jpg

Too funny....

Apparently, planning ahead is also a bad idea, I prefer to get a rabbit and dye it. Maybe I can start with my cat to practice.:rolleyes:

A 40-year-old bank robbing virgin it seems. In 2008 Daniel Glen planned to rob a convenience store in Windsor, Ontario, USA. Planning was his forte, robbing was not. Glen phoned the store in advance to ask how much money was in the cash register. The clerk called the police right after he got off the phone and the cops arrested Glen as he was making his way to the store. Turns out Glen was a suspect for two other similar incidents in which he phoned a store in advance and asked the clerk’s to have the money bagged and ready for his arrival. Genius.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think being pulled over for flipping off a cop is probably just over the edge of asinine - free speech and all. But I don't think that folks are actually pulled over (any more) for doing just that. Figure if they're going to gain attention of the PoPo by being an uncouth jerk, then chances are also quite high that they'll break some kind of traffic law, too. One that probably wouldn't have been noticed had they not gained the sole attention of the LEO by first flipping them off...

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Once stopped a car after noticing the paper plate was altered to expire Feb 31. Driver gave his friend's name because he knew he was driving without a license. Friend had a warrant. Driver said "F-that I'm not going down for that sh-." and came clean..he had a warant too. He pulled the trifecta when he had cocaine in his pocket, but he said, "These ain't my pants!"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Once stopped a car after noticing the paper plate was altered to expire Feb 31. Driver gave his friend's name because he knew he was driving without a license. Friend had a warrant. Driver said "F-that I'm not going down for that sh-." and came clean..he had a warant too. He pulled the trifecta when he had cocaine in his pocket, but he said, "These ain't my pants!"

I suppose that when you hauled him in and the search uncovered his gang tattoos he claimed that it wasn't his skin? :):

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Pffft, come on, guys. Ask the experts.

Altering the color of a rabbit is the dumbest thing to go to jail over.

No, really, it's a statute.

(b) A person who dyes, stains, or otherwise alters the natural coloring of a bird or rabbit commits a Class B misdemeanor.

Indiana Code 15-2.1-21-13(b)

Sections 15-2.1-1-1--15-2.1-24-33, concerning animal health, were repealed by P.L.2-2008, § 83, effective July 1, 2008. :)
    Another example of the decay of traditional values

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    This guy can NEVER buy a lottery ticket again. What a mope.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    I once had a kid walk up to me and ask me directions with a Joint stuck on top of his ear

Mind you I'm standing there in full uniform! needles to say I showed him the way to the County Jail! :D

This one wins....pretty dumb to jail someone for a joint. Fightin crime one joint at a time!..........:rolleyes:

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    When the cops come to break up a large party in a college apartment when pretty much everybody is smoking weed. And the cops take the weed and only give warnings. Except for the one person who refuses to hand over his weed, and gets arrested for not giving it up.

Thats been the dumbest things I've seen. My old roommates threw a party while I was gone one weekend. And when I got back, the one guy who got arrested was still at the apartment, still sobbing that he now won't be able to get a real job because he got arrested for possession of cannabis. When all he had to do was hand it over like everyone else, and would only have gotten a warning.

Top Bottom