• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Saw one while working at the Muscatatuck Urban Training Center in 2009. It flew right at tree-top level across our formation area, in view for about 6 seconds as it flew by. I also saw a couple flying and one land in a tree west of 65 in the Scott co bottoms this past fall. I saw a nest and a couple fledglings while on vacation down in Texas in 06. The branches in that nest were huge! The size of the nest was about 5 or 6 feet across. I neve imagined it would be that big. It sure seems like nature is coming back all over the state.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Nice shot. thanks for sharing! We get to see the Bald Eagles when we visit Patoka Lake

Located in the heart of southern Indiana, Patoka Lake offers 26,000 acres of unspoiled beauty combined with 8,800 acres of water wonderland to create the perfect vacation getaway for family fun.
    Known for its pure, clean waters, Patoka Lake is famous for its excellent crappie and bass fishing! Bald eagles and osprey abound, as do beavers and game species such as wild turkey, deer and waterfowl. A true sportsman's paradise!

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Saw one while working at the Muscatatuck Urban Training Center in 2009. It flew right at tree-top level across our formation area, in view for about 6 seconds as it flew by. I also saw a couple flying and one land in a tree west of 65 in the Scott co bottoms this past fall. I saw a nest and a couple fledglings while on vacation down in Texas in 06. The branches in that nest were huge! The size of the nest was about 5 or 6 feet across. I neve imagined it would be that big. It sure seems like nature is coming back all over the state.

That was more than likely a starter nest, maybe 1-3 years old. Some have been sized as much as 20 feet across and up to 1 ton in weight.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    Last summer my dad and I took a canoe trip on sugar creek out by turkey run state park and there were a few bald eagles cruising the river down there.

i'll cofirm that one! your post reminded me of the pair we saw there last fall while paddling there with some friends and their kids. i was glad to have been able to show their young boys the eagles on our trip. :yesway:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    This is as close as I have been to an eagle.

Raptor009.jpg

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I live in porter county and we've had a next of them for 3 years running now. Pretty cool watching them and real cool watching the young ones grow up!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    great pics! i saw one during the first week of deer (gun) season this year over in kirklin on my way out to the stand. i used to see them pretty regular at my dads place up on the st.joe.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    There is one on the South side of Indy. He/she patrols the White River around 465. I've seen that one so many times but always flying and I'm always driving. I think there is a nest near Ft. Ben. I'm planning to watch it this winter when the leaves are down.

Lastly, I fished out of Naples one year and gave the scraps to a Baldy. She would see our guide and wait at the top of a very tall pine tree. You put the scraps under the tree and wait. While she was eating I crawled to within 15' of her but she got nervous and I backed off. I really need to see if I can find those pictures. They were still 35mm but good quality.

aijk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Eminence
    There is one on the South side of Indy. He/she patrols the White River around 465. I've seen that one so many times but always flying and I'm always driving. I think there is a nest near Ft. Ben. I'm planning to watch it this winter when the leaves are down.

I seen one in the river a couple years ago right there by 37 and 465. We was a ways away from it but you could tell it was BIG.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I was driving on US 50 about 8 miles east of Bedford and had to slow down because one was in the middle of the road eating road kill. That was two years ago. Last week I saw one just west of Brownstown just across the white river sitting on a tree that had fallen into a creek. Saw a couple of them in Canada on the side of the road out in the middle of now where four years ago.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    They are beautiful birds. I get to witness a pair of eagles raise their chicks each year. What an amazing sight to watch the eaglets as they begin to fly. Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are really good. Glad you had a camera near by.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    I have been seeing one in Pike county for the last couple weeks near my house. Once it was carrying a fish it had caught.

Top Bottom