• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    NAA .22

No indication that it happened any differently than what was reported.

You can Google NAA .22 drop safety and see he's not the first. In order to make it (mostly) drop safe, you need to make sure the hammer is resting in one of the safety notches between the chambers of the cylinder or carry with the chamber under the hammer empty. Even then, a very small amount of hammer movement unlocks the cylinder and it can rotate to the next live round.

That thing is such a hazard. It is the only handgun I forbid the kids from shooting as one can stick oneself with it during loading.

Vile thing. Something get him a Smith K frame AND a proper belt holster!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tell me about a stock Glock going off from a drop. Unless something caught the trigger or someone modified it...no way.

Umm, OK, just ask the cops here. Glocks go bang when dropped all the time.

You stating that Glock pistols do not have issues on INGO. INGO a forum populated by IMPD? IMPD who had problems with a certain kind of pistol. If only I could remember what make of pistol it was?

Don't try this at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJt7o6fm7o

Eez gon, eez not safe.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Brad's list of weapons that are not drop safe.
    old DA revolvers pre WW2 most are not drop safe
    CZ52 and many surplus foreign autos
    Single action revolvers most older ones are not drop safe like Ruger 3 screw Colt SAA and clones ect.
    Colt hammerless 1903 and such
    Older 1911’s and clones especially in condition 2
    Modified Glock’s (new addition)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Umm, OK, just ask the cops here. Glocks go bang when dropped all the time.

You stating that Glock pistols do not have issues on INGO. INGO a forum populated by IMPD? IMPD who had problems with a certain kind of pistol. If only I could remember what make of pistol it was?

Don't try this at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJt7o6fm7o

Eez gon, eez not safe.

Uh, that is not a stock Glock. It clearly has an aftermarket trigger group in it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Uh, that is not a stock Glock. It clearly has an aftermarket trigger group in it.

Well, that and the title says "Agency Arms Glock"...I sort of took that as a clue it wasn't stock. There's a reason Glock puts the little tab safety on the trigger. That Agency Arms shows why.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, that and the title says "Agency Arms Glock"...I sort of took that as a clue it wasn't stock. There's a reason Glock puts the little tab safety on the trigger. That Agency Arms shows why.

I was addressing that in the context that Kirk was clearly ignoring it. The premise was box stock Glock and he presented a video of a gun that had been significantly modified from it's original factory design.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    What? A nylon bag???

It should have been made of Kevlar. Now I know that some older folks don't have the money for a proper holster...but...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Thor's list of weapons that are not safe to drop...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE DROPPING WEAPONS FOR!?!?!?! Just stop it. Have I? Once. Do I ever want to ever again no matter what it is? No. Mucks up the finish and stuff...if you're lucky that's all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE DROPPING WEAPONS FOR!?!?!?!

I only have two hands and I have to carry a cell phone, my car keys, my bottled water, my latte, my daughter's math homework, and a bag full of eggplants.

How can I NOT drop a weapon? You expect me to like buy a holster? I just spent 179.99 clams on top of the line NAA. Geez.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I only have two hands and I have to carry a cell phone, my car keys, my bottled water, my latte, my daughter's math homework, and a bag full of eggplants.

How can I NOT drop a weapon? You expect me to like buy a holster? I just spent 179.99 clams on top of the line NAA. Geez.

Hmm, a twist! Maybe the clams actuated the trigger.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    So sitting in the bottom of a grocery bag with a bunch of stuff piled on top of it isn't the same as a good holster? [making note]
    Maybe he was planning on a surreptitious draw? "Be cool mr. robber! Here, have one of my beers"

Top Bottom