• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I posted this before and didn't get many replies so I thought I would try again. I will be hunting a new area this year in Greene County that is remote. I already found a stand on the property that the guy we bought it from said wasn't his.

I am anticipating running into trespassers and like to carry my glock when hunting. One year I walked into the woods and started climbing into my stand when a guy said hey bud what are you doing. Some jerk was using my stand and attempted to say he had rights to hunt the property for years...

For bow season its not as bad since i dont have as much cold weather gear on. I can usually get by with my OWB. When I start piling on my bibs is when its an issue of access.

Even when its gun season I still like the 17 round glock vs the bolt action for piece of mind.

Anyone have a solution to get their carry gun up on their chest? I see Alien Gear has a new backpack holster. Anyone tried it yet.

Carry gun or not you will need to clean out this problem as you now own the land. Post and purple as the saying goes these days. Last week of September look closely for unknown stands, cut them down if you find them and back track to your border, leaving them there. Repeat the weekend before gun season. It's a problem that never goes completely away, but the first years are the hardest.

I don't think anybody is cooking meth in the woods these days, too cheap not to buy it from mexico.

Cell phone with the local law or CO on speed dial.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Is there a reason you can't just run a pistol belt and a duty-style holster on top of your cold weather gear?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I know how you feel. You never know who you are going to run up on. I make sure to park my truck with an easy escape route in mind and when I roll up to hunt or fish a place my Glock is in my hand.

I am going to try squirrel hunting this year. Went ahead and added a ten shot tube on my shotty and will have my Glock on my side.

As far as bringing it up to a chest rig I thought I have seen some guys running serpa holsters that would molly onto a chest rig. Pistol would be horizontal on the chest. Could also add a couple pouches for extra mags, long gun ammo, and a ham sandwich.

Be safe out there!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

sittydown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Yeah if you go read the statute that is referenced in the Hunting Guide, (the second link I posted) you will see the part about permission from the landowner. The muzzleloading part you are reading in the first link is from the previous section, and has nothing to do with the "Carrying Handguns" section.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yeah if you go read the statute that is referenced in the Hunting Guide, (the second link I posted) you will see the part about permission from the landowner. The muzzleloading part you are reading in the first link is from the previous section, and has nothing to do with the "Carrying Handguns" section.

i see now section A.....didn't see the consent.....new one on me.....

sittydown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Honestly though I agree with ya, you're better off getting your LTCH than trying to reference some obscure rule while out in the woods

Top Bottom