• ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    proposed gun amendment

I got a flyer from this State Representative.

He's talking about why we need assault rifles and high cap magazine. He's also referring to the Aurora, Columbine incidents in Colorado.

I read his proposed amendment and I disagree to every word of it as it pertains to handguns only. Is there something wrong with this guy?

what do you guys think?

dsc3554q.jpg

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I just hate how these people with strong opinions about controlling or limiting such will improve safety or decrease violence.

Illinois is one of the most strictest gun control state, yet, if you compare this with this, it just proves that laws like this doesn't do anything to prevent crimes.

Last edited:

charles.wolff

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I like how he ends it with "Can we at least talk about the issue?".

I doubt he would have a real conversation on any point other than his own but I would be willing to discuss it.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    His email address is on the bottom of the page... Let him know what you think.. and in November with a BIG no vote.. (for him).

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    That's the problem with people working on the desk and sharing their opinions without really looking at the other side of the coin.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    :noway:What we need is for Ed to encourage people to obey laws rather than break them and if he feels the need to introduce a law to "ban" what HE considers unnecessary we can give him another vocation, looking for a job.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    He was almost murdered by a man with a handgun, that's why he hates on firearms like he does.

I do believe his attacker ended up with a life sentence, so that's what's wrong with him.. well and his Liberal mental disorder.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Well, if he had one for protection, he would have a different opinion about it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGcsPsBvTu4[/ame]

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I wouldn't go that far as calling him a dirtbag. I can see why he's affected by it and I can sympathize. He was meant to live coz the handgun jammed. If he had one to proctect himself, I'm sure he'll be singing a different tune.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    He was almost murdered by a man with a handgun, that's why he hates on firearms like he does.

Even so, if the gun had not jammed, would it have made any difference if it had 10 or 17 rounds? If magazines are restricted in capacity, what is next? The number of magazines one can carry at any given time?

If this guy has issues with guns due to this violent attack, maybe some counseling is in order?

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    "Will we now have metal detectors at the Cineplex?"

Seriously? Does every lunatic that commits some sort of atrocity now have the power to force such sweeping changes in our way of life? Do we have metal detectors at every McDonald's restaurant, because of the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre in '84? No, nor should we.

Rhetoric sucks.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    NO, we can NOT talk about it some more. I read the amendment and it states anyone in possession of a large feeding device for a handgun would be a misdemeanor. Don't know about the rest of you but all of my firearms holds more than ten rounds.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    "After Columbine we spent part of our tax money turning schools into secure zones."

:facepalm:

No, they just turned them into criminal safe zones, where the criminal doesn't have to worry about getting shot at back!

They'll never get it!

Top Bottom