• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My work is an office setting, so a fixed blade seems like overkill. As for around yard work, or off work type errands, I see a few, in my rural area. I think my USMC Kabar is alright around yard, but change to a folding Buck 100 if going to the grocery or local DQ for a bite. I have a couple of others, Cold Steel GI Tanto, V44 Marine Raider, even a copy of Fairbairn-Sykes Commando. Cool bades IMO, but a little "military" looking for around the big town.(pop 3500, and 13 dogs)

Summer work brings out the khaki shorts, WW2 Pith Helmet(was issued to my MOM- 1944 USMC, Camp LeJune), so the Kabar is on full duty! My new neighbor has a plywood target set up for throwing Tomahawks. Maybe a new option ......

Small fixed blades (like an ESEE Izula) can be very handy and are entirely suitable for office-related tasks.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Mule
    17047988856_b0459381d1_h.jpg
    buddy of mine made custom handles and Titanium bicycle crank sprocket bolts and he had to cut down the front one as he made the scales thinner there close to the blade for finger control.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I carry the Gerber guardian tanto version. regularly while at work(security). Certainly not an Esee, but it was affordable and the right size for a boot knife. Although the sheath has the right concept and design for boot carry, It was poorly made and has broken so Im awaiting a new sheath with the proper materials.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    ok so heres my dilemma. I have a buck 110 that I love to belt carry, but i'd really like to have a fixed blade for those "tougher tasks". Am I just being redundant? I have the smaller Buck Bantam in my pocket for the 1 handed opening, which a fixed would replace, but im thinking a esee-3 or buck 102 would be redundant and little used. I drive into indy for work but live in a rather rural area, so its not too out fo the norm to have a fixed. Im I also the only one that doesnt quite like the tight kydex on the esee-3 for edc? its just to hard to pull, i like the slide of leather, always have.

Top Bottom