• ...and so much more!
  • Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Who carries a fixed blade regularly? Not everyday, but some days you grab it instead.

What do you carry?

And if you don't carry one day, do you have a fixed blade you grab more often than not for every day tasks?

:popcorn:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I never carry a fixed blade "instead", but sometimes I carry one "also".
    When I do it's in a horizontal sheath so an untucked t-shirt will cover it.
    These can range from my ZT-0100, to the Kershaw Echo, to the Spyderco, Enuff, or my custom, Nitro-V bladed one by Rob's Razors. I forget his INGO name, I contact him on bookface these days

nitro v.jpg

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    I never carry a fixed blade "instead", but sometimes I carry one "also".
    When I do it's in a horizontal sheath so an untucked t-shirt will cover it.
    These can range from my ZT-0100, to the Kershaw Echo, to the Spyderco, Enuff, or my custom, Nitro-V bladed one by Rob's Razors. I forget his INGO name, I contact him on bookface these days

View attachment 282530

I follow him on Facebook, he makes some really great stuff :thumbsup:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seems like we used to have a lot of fixed blade carriers on here. Did they leave? Because Rhino left? I often wonder why he and others sometimes just leave, never to be heard from again.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    20230621_170053.jpg

Here are the ones I have so far. All 100% 6-4 titanium. Some with carbon fiber, some with G10 on the handle, most have real eelskin, most with tradition Jap wrap sealed with epoxy resin.
    The Steve Ryan on the right is a sometimes carry. I have bigger fixed blades but they are slow for flow drills.
    I have 2 Winklers on my vest but they are stowed for now.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    View attachment 282609

Here are the ones I have so far. All 100% 6-4 titanium. Some with carbon fiber, some with G10 on the handle, most have real eelskin, most with tradition Jap wrap sealed with epoxy resin.
    The Steve Ryan on the right is a sometimes carry. I have bigger fixed blades but they are slow for flow drills.
    I have 2 Winklers on my vest but they are stowed for now.
    What is the rose-colored grip one, on the right?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    It is actually a non-typical color that pops on that Aikuchi. Those titanium models are handmade by Warren Thomas from Pasadena Texas. He makes a really nasty Kriss model too. Not an easy thing to grind as symmetrical as he does. Crazy nice stuff. Google search all his products.
    I can show a close-up of the topographical anodizing that he does that has a 3D look if you wanna see it.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Finally handled a Half Face Blades Crow Jr. and was impressed by the quality and feel. I was always cautious of ordering one because I wasn’t sure if it was worth the money or if it was the usual “ex-special forces turned knife maker so you should definitely overpay for the scarcity and cool guy factor” deal. I’m strongly considering buying one after handling the Crow Jr.

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    I carry a fixed blade at least a couple of times a week. Sometimes more if I know what I’m doing for the day might call for it. If I am, it’s either a Bradford Guardian 3.5 or a SOG Pillar (again, depending on what I’m using it for). Ultimately, I’d like another Bradford and possibly something else. Perhaps something partially serrated. IMG_1344.jpeg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I've carried an esee izula ii for a couple years now but my wife got me the cr2.5 and I think it's going to be the new edc. Will probably get a kydex sheath for it for pocket carry and make a new leather one for belt carry IMG_20230623_130205538.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Here's an odd question... if you work where you must wear business casual, would EDC a fixed blade on the ankle? I'm thinking that's the ONLY place to discretely carry a fixed blade.

In that case, I'd probably opt for a neck knife, carried between a T-shirt and an outer button-down shirt.

Top Bottom