EDC watches: Are you guys still wearing those and what do you wear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They did not. I checked 2 stores. I got this for $78 and change, before tax, and after sale and coupon, so went ahead and jumped on it. I've also got $10 in Kohl's cash to spend later. I think I will actually like this one better for being able to see it, but would have preferred the blacked out version myself for style purposes.

The price at my local store is $194, tax included, for this model. :faint:

You will not look super cool :cool: without the all black version but at least you will be able to tell time which is kinda nice from a watch. :):

Can you see the three little digital screens at night?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Can you see the three little digital screens at night?

I don't think so, unless I missed a setting. The analog hour marks and the hands seem to have some kind of glow. I also turned on auto backlight which lights the watch a bit when you turn the watch face toward yourself to look at it (not sure if I will keep it enabled or not), but I still can't see the digital screens. It could be that I missed a setting, but don't think so. Liking it pretty well so far. It has the features I wanted, but not a lot of extraneous stuff I will never use. In timekeeping mode the screens display the date and day, and the seconds, so not sure it really is something I need to 100% see in the dark.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    This is the G shock I wear... Has a solar face so you never have to change a battery and syncs up to the atomic clock every night... its the GW7900b-1

GW7900B-1_xlarge.png

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Aaaaaaaaaaanndd.....???? Is it everything you hoped and dreamed it would be? Should we all get one? Seriously, should I get one? Whaddaya think now that you have it in hand?

It seems nice. The LCD displays are kind of difficult to read in everything but bright light. I'm going to wear it for a few days and then post a detailed review.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    th

This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail! Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I've worn a watch since I was a little kid, and always a Timex digital. I started with a Stealth, then an Expedition.

I currently wear a Timex Atlantis... I'm on my 3rd one in 13 years. I work on cars and I beat the snot out of them, then wet sand and buff the lens clear, and wear them until the band breaks, then buy a new one, but they all still work.

I used to wear the black/silver ones but the silver paint wears off and the plastic underneath is an ugly beige, now I wear an all black one and it's black plastic.

I also wear my watch on the "wrong" wrist. I'm a righty and I wear it on the right wrist... because I always have.

I do have a $120 Fossil I got awarded at work, I wear that on special occasions.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    th

This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail! Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

Burning my fingers man.

That watch so hot, it's smokin'

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    My band broke on my Skyhawk. 88 bucks for a new one with the same flawed design. They have since redesigned the watch. I threw a cheapo from a Casio on there until I get a more permanent replacement.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Top Bottom