• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I emailed SS about the delay to certify and received this response..."We have to wait for the form 3 to be approved so that we can send the items to your local dealer. once they arrive there, they will proceed into the certification stage."

From SS Site...

View attachment 342570

While the eForm 4 Individual wait time has come way down, the eForm 3 wait time has been increasing. When I placed and order with SS on 3/7/24, the eForm 3 wait time was something like 2 hours to X days and the median wait was a few days less. That seems to be the reason for our wait.

Ya, was told the same from their chat support today. I didn't realize all the background stuff that had to take place once it hit the 'preparing' stage.

Would be nice if it's on the 6 day end as it's currently at 5, lol.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I bought an RC2 through Silencer Shop. Just certified my form 4 today, form 3 took like 9 days but they never told me it was approved they just shipped to my LGS which was not apparent on any of the info on my account unless I went to the original order confirmation email and clicked the link for ORDER STATUS at the bottom. There I was able to see a tracking number from Fedex. I received my form 4 ready to certify email 24 hours after my LGS put the suppressor on their books.

and to clarify I mean certify form 4 through Silencer Shop for submission not that I got it approved in 24 hours. Still waiting on that.

Last edited:

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    unless I went to the original order confirmation email and clicked the link for ORDER STATUS at the bottom.

No tracking on mine yet, just states "Form 3: Submitted on 3/21/2024 (XXXXXX)" for both of my suppressors from said order. But I guess this is only business day # 5 so maybe end of next week.
    Even still, not a huge deal, still waiting on a couple pistons to come in, new barrel for the 10/22, and one for the VP9.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    No tracking on mine yet, just states "Form 3: Submitted on 3/21/2024 (XXXXXX)" for both of my suppressors from said order. But I guess this is only business day # 5 so maybe end of next week.
    Even still, not a huge deal, still waiting on a couple pistons to come in, new barrel for the 10/22, and one for the VP9.

Also once your ready to certify the form 4 if your going to do it over the phone, have your eforms username and the 4 digit pin for your account ready to go. You'll answer the normal 4473 questions on your computer during a shared session with your dealer and when you go to submit it you'll enter your username and pin and its done. Whole process took like 5 mins for me.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Well my form1 for the SBR was just approved. 8 days after being submitted.

Suppressors paperwork need to hurry up.

Edit....

Per the order status information... The form3 was approved yesterday.

Last edited:

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Is that the same form one would use to turn a AR Pistol into a SBR? Could you do that and how much would the fees be? Asking for a friend.....lol

Yes, that same Form1. Can do it for $200 if you self file it. I used the Silencer Shop Form 1 Service that was an additional $50. But they filled out the form, filed it, etc. All I had to do was answer a few questions, wait a couple days, verify/certify it and that was it.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Yes, that same Form1. Can do it for $200 if you self file it. I used the Silencer Shop Form 1 Service that was an additional $50. But they filled out the form, filed it, etc. All I had to do was answer a few questions, wait a couple days, verify/certify it and that was it.
    If anyone needs help with a form 1, I don't charge anything to file for you.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Certified both F4's on Tuesday evening after work.

Received the approval on the Hybrid 46 earlier this morning. Just need to get the Occulus approved before end of work today. But either way, I'll be making a trip to Huntington to pick up the H46 tonight.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Just got the approval on the 22 can. So I'll be picking them both up tonight.
    I'm just thoroughly amazed that the F4 was submitted 43 hours ago and already approved.
    Both cans were purchased on 3-16, so barely 3 weeks from paying to picking up.

Top Bottom