• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I can't ever get earbuds to fit right or stay in (and I bought plenty during my running days)...would think that I'd have the same problem with earplugs. If they work, they'd be great!

Hoping to do some competitions this year so the ability to be able to hear range commands with background gun fire is a critical factor; so, compression looks like the way to go.

Learning towards the Peltor Tac 300's or stepping up and buying the MSA Pro X.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I can't ever get earbuds to fit right or stay in (and I bought plenty during my running days)...would think that I'd have the same problem with earplugs. If they work, they'd be great!

Hoping to do some competitions this year so the ability to be able to hear range commands with background gun fire is a critical factor; so, compression looks like the way to go.

Learning towards the Peltor Tac 300's or stepping up and buying the MSA Pro X.

I have some Peltor's and they're great, especially for pistols. :thumbsup:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I've never found ear muffs that worked well with shooting rifles with the proper cheek weld, but I really like the look and the general idea behind these. I'd be curious how well they work though. :thumbsup:

Same here. I like my Peltors way better for comfort and noise reduction than the Howard Leights, but they do not allow a good cheekweld, for me. Unfortunately I must have oddly shaped inner ears (to go along with my oddly shaped ears), as I have not found any in ear solutions that work well for me.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Got an email from the NRA the other day that had these Walkers from Midway.
    I don't know enough to give them a recommendation, but here they are.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/638445/walkers-silencer-electronic-ear-plugs-nrr-25db-pair

I actually have a pair of these as well, but haven't really used them in vain yet. I am pretty protective of my ears, so I tend to double bag them anyway (foam + Over ears).

I took the in-ear Walker's and added some Comply tips instead of the standard foam or rubber inserts. They seem to work pretty well, but as mentioned, I haven't really used them too much yet.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Think I am going to go ahead with the Peltor Tac 300's. Next time I see someone with an MSA that isn't a germaphobe, I will give them a try. Can always pass the Peltor down to one of the kids. Hate to be cheap but 2.5 times the price, the MSA's better be good!

Top Bottom