• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep. I hear ya. I went in for 5 mins to pickup a part I knew they had. Walked in, made a quick lap to see what they were all about, got talked down to by the old guy next to the cash register for interrupting his BS session as I requested assistance and he shooed me away to a young guy behind the other counter. He grabbed my part, I handed him a $20 and was out the door. 45 mins later I could still smell the smoke on my clothes.

That's been my experience the few times I've been in there. I'm a smoker, so the smoke doesn't bother me, but being treated like an inconvenience rather than a customer does. Since there usually seems to be one or more Greenwood LEOs participating in the BS sessions, maybe they should hold these sessions at night when the store is closed. Owners and cops get to have their BS sessions, uninterrupted (unless someone comes through the ceiling of course) and that would free up the employees to actually wait on customers when they're open. Win-win.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's been my experience the few times I've been in there. I'm a smoker, so the smoke doesn't bother me, but being treated like an inconvenience rather than a customer does. Since there usually seems to be one or more Greenwood LEOs participating in the BS sessions, maybe they should hold these sessions at night when the store is closed. Owners and cops get to have their BS sessions, uninterrupted (unless someone comes through the ceiling of course) and that would free up the employees to actually wait on customers when they're open. Win-win.

Exactly my experience with the place, which is why I've never been back. From what I've heard, they don't want any business but LEO's anyway, so I guess their plan is working... :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I live 5 minutes away from Elmore's and have not been in the shop in quite a while for the same reason. On occasion, they've been helpful, but almost always they've been condescending. Still, sucks to see them hit again.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It is hard to be a customer there I agree. Over the years I have bought a handful of items, Jason seems to be the most helpful.

It still sucks that they were hit again, now there are more guns on the street, that likely will end up in the wrong hands.
    I hope they catch the perp, and not let him go or plea bargain down his offense.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've only bought a few things from them over the years. Mostly ammo and a few AR accessories (most recent was a buffer spring). I most definitely get the "good ol boy" vibe from that store the most. That's fine. It's Russ and Jason's store.

I WAS going to stop in this afternoon and see what kind of safe I might could order from them. But it seems they'll be a little too busy dealing with another crap storm to bother with it. I'll head to Honey Creek Tackle in Bargersville and poke around in there instead.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You guys need to come down and go to Whittaker’s new store.
    It can be life changing I am only allowed to go with my Wife.

If a gun shop gets hit over and over does anyone get suspected in the shop.
    I know a guy who’s boat suffered severe damage every few years.
    He always had a nice boat.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I just had to check out the header of this forum and thread.
    I could have sworn I had accidentally visited a beauty shop and got stuck in between a bunch of old cackling hens full of gossip.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm more curious about what beauty shops he's going to that has live poultry.

A friend is interested.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Definitely the "good old boy" kind of place, and dismissive of those who aren't "in." I used to go there, and would get the cold shoulder until I told them that I was a LEO and was good friends with and a co-worker of their buds (two guys, in particular).

Now I go to Martinsville Guns, where Lynn's just as bad, but he's always happy to see me.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    You guys need to come down and go to Whittaker’s new store.
    It can be life changing I am only allowed to go with my Wife.

If a gun shop gets hit over and over does anyone get suspected in the shop.
    I know a guy who’s boat suffered severe damage every few years.
    He always had a nice boat.
    Where is Whitakers? Do they have a website with their info?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The web site is not like the experience

about 1,000 plus long guns you can touch without asking anyone.
    The Milsurp stuff is pretty much gone here as it is everywhere
    Great used selection price matching full service archery shop great muzzle loader selection a Range.
    Down side handguns have to be sent to an IN FFL us locals have a guy who comes over twice a week and picks them up then charges $10 for the service.
    You are missing out if you don’t come down and see it.

Top Bottom